Glass cleaner question

robvas

Established Member
Suggesting on getting this off this back window? I believe it might residue from tint or something?

Glass cleaner and elbow grease seem to work but it's a very awkward place to get to the lower it is on the window and further back behind the seats.

It's like rings/bubbles.

Attachments

• IMG_9371.JPG
    IMG_9371.JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 66

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Or Goo Gone. Wrap a rag around the end of stick/flat board and carefully apply the goo gone to the rag (so you're not getting the goo elsewhere)... BTW, Getting the Goo is not a good band name.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It looked like water etching to me, but it's on the inside so it has to be from a previous tint. How long have you noticed it, and how long have you had the car?

robvas

Established Member
It looked like water etching to me, but it's on the inside so it has to be from a previous tint. How long have you noticed it, and how long have you had the car?

It's a recent pickup. I'm going to try some rubbing alcohol or goo gone as suggested, don't think I have any citrol.

robvas

Established Member
This seems like what happened, and the tint was removed (all the windows seem to be tinted except the rear)

Attachments

• 33.png
    33.png
    670.9 KB · Views: 25

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
A paint mixing stick with a rag or something wrapped around it for the hard to get area can help.
I don't understand why there are so many bubbly tint jobs, I see them all the time. I guess it's the diy tint jobs.

robvas

Established Member
I don't understand why there are so many bubbly tint jobs, I see them all the time. I guess it's the diy tint jobs.

I thought it was because of the rear window defrost? See how the bubbles are all in perfect lines?

I will just unplug it when I get it re-tinted since I won't drive the car when I would use the defrost

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Glass cleaner and elbow grease seem to work but it's a very awkward place to get to the lower it is on the window and further back behind the seats.
Agree with recommendations to try alcohol, GOO GONE, and/or polish/compound.

As for physical implements, Windshield WOW! isn't cheap, but it makes hard-to-reach places a little easier to handle.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
WOW! Pun intended. My wife was just watching the Windshield WOW video and wanted to buy it for me/us. Then she saw the price. LOL. It is expensive. But it does seem to make cleaning hard to get at glass areas much easier.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
WOW! Pun intended. My wife was just watching the Windshield WOW video and wanted to buy it for me/us. Then she saw the price. LOL. It is expensive. But it does seem to make cleaning hard to get at glass areas much easier.
I thought the same thing. A friend talked me into buying one at SEMA, where there were some savings offered. I still think they're expensive, but I also think they work well. I'd also offer their customer service appears excellent, with them quickly addressing a minor issue my friend reported with his.

Obviously, YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread