Goals 750-800 rwhp

LivingEZ

Established Member
Stock balancer
Stock Injectors
Stock fuel system
No BAP's
Ditch your stock gears, go 3:73 or 4:10s it'll feel like 800hp
That is good to know. I thought for sure I was going to have to do either injectors, boosters or both. I like the stock gears 3.31 though I am sure have lower gear makes the car feel way more powerful (snappy) what are your boost levels I figure your spinning the tvs at a 2.96:1 ratio. Did you feel any different vibrations after increasing the power levels. I just figured I would kill 2 birds with one stone a better balancer and increase boost.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
For what its worth, I will add.....

bigger blower isnt always better either ON A STOCK ENGINE. I've known 2 people who swapped out thier pullied blower for something larger like a new Whipple, and were disappointed even with a 93+boostane tune because they were limited by the stock RPMs at 6400. They had regret in not just keeping the factory blower and sold thier cars shortly after

A better balancer?...factory one is just fine.
Ya, my car is an ax murderer on the street. Runs better than factory. No Vibrations, its not a Harley

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
My recipe falls a little short of your goal, but I'm happy with it. JLT 127mm CF CAI, CFM Twin Jet 67mm TB, VMP 2.4" Upper, 90mm Idler, BPS Oversized & Ported Plenum/Elbow, NGK TR7-IX plugs, VMP Triple-Pass Dual-Fan H/E, Reische 170' Tstat, and custom dyno tune from Elite Performance and Tuning in Littletton, CO (Stock Blower, Blancer, Injectors, Fuel System, and Exhaust) netted 733 RWHP & 713 RWTQ.
Dyno (vs RPM) STAGE 4 Power Pack.jpg

Agree with what I've seen here regarding monoblade TBs - it takes the "right" tunner to dial them in. IMO, upper pulley is a better bet than lower - it's more accessible if want to make addiitonal changes and I've read SVT Track Pack plumbing can make lower install more complicated. Gears can be a great upgrade, but make sure they're installed by someone who knows what they're doing, or you'll suffer gear whine. Stock rods are a weak link, but you can mitigate the risk by remaining at/below 750RWHP and not using over-rev.

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
COBRA THERAPY. I love it!! Are you building it yourself or are you having some one else do it? Your going to be putting some serious power down.. also the painting under the hood is awesome.
Thanks, a shop has done the work. I'm looking to TRACK the car at Road America one day. THANKS.

LivingEZ

Established Member
For what its worth, I will add.....

bigger blower isnt always better either ON A STOCK ENGINE. I've known 2 people who swapped out thier pullied blower for something larger like a new Whipple, and were disappointed even with a 93+boostane tune because they were limited by the stock RPMs at 6400. They had regret in not just keeping the factory blower and sold thier cars shortly after

A better balancer?...factory one is just fine.
Ya, my car is an ax murderer on the street. Runs better than factory. No Vibrations, its not a Harley
My understanding is the bigger the blower the further up the rpm range its efficiency range falls. I don't think I am going to move away from the 2.3 tvs if I do it will be to the vmp 3r. I believe the 2.3 tvs will be able to do what I want.

I didn't mean better even though that is what I said. I meant suited better for the torsional loads being placed on the crankshaft after the power increase?

LivingEZ

Established Member
My recipe falls a little short of your goal, but I'm happy with it. JLT 127mm CF CAI, CFM Twin Jet 67mm TB, VMP 2.4" Upper, 90mm Idler, BPS Oversized & Ported Plenum/Elbow, NGK TR7-IX plugs, VMP Triple-Pass Dual-Fan H/E, Reische 170' Tstat, and custom dyno tune from Elite Performance and Tuning in Littletton, CO (Stock Blower, Blancer, Injectors, Fuel System, and Exhaust) netted 733 RWHP & 713 RWTQ.
View attachment 1835549

Agree with what I've seen here regarding monoblade TBs - it takes the "right" tunner to dial them in. IMO, upper pulley is a better bet than lower - it's more accessible if want to make addiitonal changes and I've read SVT Track Pack plumbing can make lower install more complicated. Gears can be a great upgrade, but make sure they're installed by someone who knows what they're doing, or you'll suffer gear whine. Stock rods are a weak link, but you can mitigate the risk by remaining at/below 750RWHP and not using over-rev.
That torque curve is pretty flat that is sweet how much pressure/boost are you seeing?

LivingEZ

Established Member
Best bet is to talk with who is gonna tune the car and what results they have seen.
BJ is good, so is someone like JDM Engineering.

General rule of thumb, pick either an upper or lower pulley, not both. Safest bet is to do an upper and stay off the lower because the RIGHT way would be to add a crank brace to safeguard the stock crank shaft.

Not much to be gained in porting things honestly....(talking dollar to power gained ratio)
hell headers only net 25 rwhp......:oops:, but lower boost levels

How much money you wanna throw at it to go fast occasionally?

Here's a full bolt on list for going faster and keeping the car on the road.

735 rwhp / 710 rwtq on 93 Octane
Stock Trinity blower
JLT 123mm intake
FRPP 65mm T/B,
2.4 pulley,
Metco Idler
C&R Coolant Tanks
C&R Competition Heat Exchanger
McLeod RXT clutch
MGWII shifter
ARH 1 7/8s LTs
O/R H-pipe
3:73 gears
BMR Upper Control Arm
BMR Panhard Bar
BMR Lower Control Arms with Relocation brackets
EIbach Pro Kit Lowering Springs
MPSS4's front and Mickeys' outback
I just looked it up JDM Engineering is about 3 hrs away.

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
I can't help but smile everytime you say "COBRA THERAPY". Were you able tto document any of the rebuild.
No just the parts that went into the motor and car. You should check out my JDM music video if you want to hear some good cam music through Corsa Extreme Mufflers with the off road H pipe

LivingEZ

Established Member
Indeed, it is! At the elevation where I live, she's pushing roughly stock (~15psi) boost. (Keep in mind dyno numbers are corrected.)
Yeah your a mile high city for sure, how does your car act when you take it off the Mt and closer to see level?

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Yeah your a mile high city for sure, how does your car act when you take it off the Mt and closer to see level?
I did that last summer, when we road-tripped the east half of Route 66 in it. It's noticeably more powerful with all that extra air. My tuner provided a sea level tune, to maintain safe AFRs, for such occasions.

LivingEZ

Established Member
I did that last summer, when we road-tripped the east half of Route 66 in it. It's noticeably more powerful with all that extra air. My tuner provided a sea level tune, to maintain safe AFRs, for such occasions.
Did the car start acting up and that's what prompted you to install or did you get down to a certain elevation and install out of precaution?

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Did the car start acting up and that's what prompted you to install or did you get down to a certain elevation and install out of precaution?
Not at all. Once you're custom tuned for elevation, you MUST install a sea level tune before/while descending or you risk lean AFRs that can cause detonation and window your block. In my case, I installed a few days before heading out, to ensure no problems. She ran a little rich until we reached lower elevation, but that was expected.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
You're getting a LOT of info in here. Feel free to call our office at 352 800 4407 9a-5p eastern weekdays and there won't be any miscommunication via quick emails, as you suggested.

Fwiw, I have zero issues with tuning REAL Ford SCJ monoblade. Have tuned a bunch of them. The issue is there was a batch of counterfeit ones in circulation at one point. Those could not be tuned.

As for location, I tuned a built 13 GT500 in Ft Worth this aft as well as an 11 with TVS in Spokane.

I am in Florida. We do this daily.

Take care

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

LivingEZ

Established Member
You're getting a LOT of info in here. Feel free to call our office at 352 800 4407 9a-5p eastern weekdays and there won't be any miscommunication via quick emails, as you suggested.

Fwiw, I have zero issues with tuning REAL Ford SCJ monoblade. Have tuned a bunch of them. The issue is there was a batch of counterfeit ones in circulation at one point. Those could not be tuned.

As for location, I tuned a built 13 GT500 in Ft Worth this aft as well as an 11 with TVS in Spokane.

I am in Florida. We do this daily.

Take care

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Thanks Bj I do plan on reaching out. Do know how to distinguish the counterfeit throttlebody's from the REAL ones?

Users who are viewing this thread