God...I hate people this good.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
Going on youtube, seems to be the fastest way to become depressed about your progress on your own projects and hobbies. There is always some nut job destroying everything you ever did haha.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Yeah...it's pretty cool stuff. It's a bit long, but the phrasing and melodic resolution is really nice. He keeps it interesting with a variety of styles. Speed is something else. Jazz musicians are on a whole 'nother level.

lpheaven

Established Member
I would love to have 6 hours a day to get my chops like that.

Actually I just prefer getting together with friends, sippin good scotch n doing this.

Im the dork with the gibson - amp is a old JTM45 for you gear whores

[youtube_browser]kIw3DTR3-ng[/youtube_browser]

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
I would love to have 6 hours a day to get my chops like that.

Actually I just prefer getting together with friends, sippin good scotch n doing this.

Im the dork with the gibson - amp is a old JTM45 for you gear whores

[youtube_browser]kIw3DTR3-ng[/youtube_browser]

I have some nice equipment (Hot Rod DeVille & a Strat) , but I totally reek as a guitarist. The beauty of music, especially rock & blues is you can have a hoot with it at every level. Jammin is all it takes...and really that's all I can do. The great guitarists of the World will always be an inspiration...and in a strange way..."hated" by guitarists everywhere.

azmarkus

Established Member
Nothing here that hasn't been done a million times before; I hear a bunch of lessons all chained together and the timing is somewhat lacking. When he gets jammed up he starts alternate picking; for those of you blinded by speed, at the end of the day it's nothing more than musical calisthenics. How fast is fast, or better yet, what is fast enough? When you hear someone blazing like a Rusty Cooley is that what your vision of music is? Music is about melody and memorable lines, not endless noodling and chasing scales.

lpheaven

Established Member
I have some nice equipment (Hot Rod DeVille & a Strat) , but I totally reek as a guitarist. The beauty of music, especially rock & blues is you can have a hoot with it at every level. Jammin is all it takes...and really that's all I can do. The great guitarists of the World will always be an inspiration...and in a strange way..."hated" by guitarists everywhere.

Killer gear man ! I hear ya man Satch Timmons SRV etc all inspiring but jammin out half in the bag with bros, and knowing a few pop songs to make the girlies sexy dance is all i'll ever crave. As much as i despise nickelback - a few choice songs by them ALWAYS gets the girls on fire. same w/buckcherry/jet etc you know the drill.
Jus stare at em an do a few cheesy tricks and bingo you got some bitch on your leg during a solo :)

cobraless

Established Member
Nothing here that hasn't been done a million times before; I hear a bunch of lessons all chained together and the timing is somewhat lacking. When he gets jammed up he starts alternate picking; for those of you blinded by speed, at the end of the day it's nothing more than musical calisthenics. How fast is fast, or better yet, what is fast enough? When you hear someone blazing like a Rusty Cooley is that what your vision of music is? Music is about melody and memorable lines, not endless noodling and chasing scales.

I've been playing a long time, and this guy is decent for sure but I wasn't blown away. Little timing issue, despite the fact that there's some improvising. Sounds like he practices a lot though.

lpheaven

Established Member
I agree with you guys. For me its all about the notes and phrasing. I dont care if the entire solo is only one note. I'm sure you all have your guitar songs that speak to you - lets see em.

Here is mine - his technique, phrasing and melody selection just hit deep ya know ?

Andy Timmons: the prayer-the answer
[youtube_browser]-CDklxuTS0E[/youtube_browser]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with you guys. For me its all about the notes and phrasing. I dont care if the entire solo is only one note. I'm sure you all have your guitar songs that speak to you - lets see em.

Here is mine - his technique, phrasing and melody selection just hit deep ya know ?

Andy Timmons: the prayer-the answer
[youtube_browser]-CDklxuTS0E[/youtube_browser]

That guy can PLAY. My dad played guitar much of his life. I remember as a kid every time we had friends over, the guitar came out and we'd have a songfest. He tried to teach me but I went into the Navy and never played again. Many times I wish I had stayed with it. To play like Andy would be a dream come true. :rockon:

svtaddict

Established Member
i used to have a buddy that was amazing on the guitar. he had alot of spare time to learn. he was a loser.

Users who are viewing this thread