Godzilla Goes Down....and it feels good!

callmedoc

Boosted Meth Addict
Established Member
Been waiting for this since I supercharged my Vette. I couldn't line up with one I ran into last week,but this time I found one I could. We spotted each other off the toll into Mexico but I was ahead in the line and took off slow so he could catch up. Eventually he caught me down the highway as he weaved through some cars to catch up. It was a young guy in a 12+ Dark Blue GTR. We both slowed down to open up space in front of us when he got next to me. I had my top down so it was easy for me to hear him. I tried to honk it off at 1st but that didn't work. So he said "let me count it off from a 40 roll." 40 rolls aren't necessarily the best for a Corvette, but it didn't matter, I just wanted to get a run in. He counted with his fingers out the window and we got a race. I started in 2nd gear. He hung in until the top of 2nd, but as I got into 3rd, it was over. Quickly put 2.5-3 cars before I got to the end of 3rd and stopped it there as there was some traffic ahead. He pulled up next to me and asked how much power I put down (in disbelief he just got dusted
gr_cool.gif
). I didn't get to ask what he had done/how much power he had as he had to take the exit.

It feels good to take down the "gold standard" of a fast car, surprisingly easy at that. Thanks for reading.
:rockon:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
My friends supercharged c6 is way more impressive than his friends 15' GTR. Though the GTR is stock. Seemed like the GTR ran hard off the go but one it hit second gear, felt mild. Like the ride was over.
Great take down though.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Nice kill. I have a customer that has a Z51 C6, super nice car for sure. You're making some great HP/Trq numbers for a centri set up. Got any pics?

MineralCobra

Established Member
Nice kill op, GTRs are inpressive especially the newer ones. I could have only imagine the outcome for GTR if you guys keept going lol

86style

Established Member

Been waiting for this since I supercharged my Vette. I couldn't line up with one I ran into last week,but this time I found one I could. We spotted each other off the toll into Mexico but I was ahead in the line and took off slow so he could catch up. Eventually he caught me down the highway as he weaved through some cars to catch up. It was a young guy in a 12+ Dark Blue GTR. We both slowed down to open up space in front of us when he got next to me. I had my top down so it was easy for me to hear him. I tried to honk it off at 1st but that didn't work. So he said "let me count it off from a 40 roll." 40 rolls aren't necessarily the best for a Corvette, but it didn't matter, I just wanted to get a run in. He counted with his fingers out the window and we got a race. I started in 2nd gear. He hung in until the top of 2nd, but as I got into 3rd, it was over. Quickly put 2.5-3 cars before I got to the end of 3rd and stopped it there as there was some traffic ahead. He pulled up next to me and asked how much power I put down (in disbelief he just got dusted
gr_cool.gif
). I didn't get to ask what he had done/how much power he had as he had to take the exit.

It feels good to take down the "gold standard" of a fast car, surprisingly easy at that. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

86style

Established Member
i actually just re-read your post and your account of this "race". have to call complete B.S. here. so youre rolling at 40mph in 2nd gear and race until the "end of 3rd" gear? and stopped at end of 3rd cause there was traffic ahead. ok so you raced for i dunno let me see 2.5 secs, lmao? you would have been out of 2nd gear in about 1.5 secs assuming you didnt spin at all which is another story. so then you say that he "hung" until the end of 2nd gear". so then you wind out third gear and race is over. story doesnt add up sorry pal. 2.5 - 3 cars in a 1.5 sec race with a gear change for you. not happening.
guy probably wasnt racing at all while you blipped youre throttle in traffic and "pulled" him lmao

gr_cool.gif

Last edited:

callmedoc

Boosted Meth Addict
Established Member
My friends supercharged c6 is way more impressive than his friends 15' GTR. Though the GTR is stock. Seemed like the GTR ran hard off the go but one it hit second gear, felt mild. Like the ride was over.
Great take down though.

Nice kill op, GTRs are inpressive especially the newer ones. I could have only imagine the outcome for GTR if you guys keept going lol

Thanks guys. Yea, if we kept going further into the triple digits (race ended at 110), it would have been a slaughter....

Nice kill. I have a customer that has a Z51 C6, super nice car for sure. You're making some great HP/Trq numbers for a centri set up. Got any pics?

Thanks man. Here is the thread I started. I have to take better pics of the car. Hopefully now that spring is around the corner. :coolman:Thanks again.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-Z51-Vert-is-Supercharged-on-Meth!&highlight=

This was the dyno before the ATI 10% UD. Peak HP is at 6600+ RPM and the torque curve is nice and flat and right before the power really comes on
Love how the power is at peak PAST the 6500 red line. They removed the gas cut off, and it loves to spin past
[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]redline[/FONT][/FONT] (max power on the dyno was a 6600+RPM). The front end lifts and the thing takes off like a jet ski with the convertible top down. At 1st I was kicking myself in the a** for spending this much money on the car, but it's definitely been worth it.
thumb.gif

IMG_2759.jpg

IMG_2758_1.jpg

IMG_2753_1.jpg

i actually just re-read your post and your account of this "race". have to call complete B.S. here. so youre rolling at 40mph in 2nd gear and race until the "end of 3rd" gear? and stopped at end of 3rd cause there was traffic ahead. ok so you raced for i dunno let me see 2.5 secs, lmao? you would have been out of 2nd gear in about 1.5 secs assuming you didnt spin at all which is another story. so then you say that he "hung" until the end of 2nd gear". so then you wind out third gear and race is over. story doesnt add up sorry pal. 2.5 - 3 cars in a 1.5 sec race with a gear change for you. not happening.
guy probably wasnt racing at all while you blipped youre throttle in traffic and "pulled" him lmao

I'm not some little kid to make up stories. What's so hard to believe? A race from 40-110. My SC/Meth Vette (and GTR's) are fast but not 1.5 sec from 40-110 fast. lol The look on the kids face was priceless after I dusted him. It was probably his 1st loss.....

Anyway, I see your in central NJ. Im in Bergen County not too far. If you want to run my Vette with your "not stock" GTR, we can film it for the forum and you could get the same run the kid got and see what happens. Race to 150 would be even better for me...

nice kill. i cant stand GTR's.

It's refreshing to hear a gtr getting beat, seems like everyone makes them out to be invincible

I think 86style is why so many can't stand GTR's or their owners......

86style

Established Member
your story is complete b.s. buddy. in your own words, the run was 2nd gear to 3rd gear from 40 and you expect everyone to believe that this was a 40-110 race? with traffic ahead? are you kidding me? its incredible that your vette can put 2.5 -3 lengths on a gtr in one gear from 40 mph.

better yet lets race from a dig too and film that. im guesssing you have not the slightest clue how to drive your mid life crisis chevy hence the roll racing. how about this, ill race you in my lowly z51 stock vette 7 sp from a dig and ill smack you around in that too lmao!!!!!

Thanks guys. Yea, if we kept going further into the triple digits (race ended at 110), it would have been a slaughter....

Thanks man. Here is the thread I started. I have to take better pics of the car. Hopefully now that spring is around the corner. :coolman:Thanks again.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-Z51-Vert-is-Supercharged-on-Meth!&highlight=

This was the dyno before the ATI 10% UD. Peak HP is at 6600+ RPM and the torque curve is nice and flat and right before the power really comes on
Love how the power is at peak PAST the 6500 red line. They removed the gas cut off, and it loves to spin past
[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]redline[/FONT][/FONT] (max power on the dyno was a 6600+RPM). The front end lifts and the thing takes off like a jet ski with the convertible top down. At 1st I was kicking myself in the a** for spending this much money on the car, but it's definitely been worth it.
thumb.gif

View attachment 63078

View attachment 63076

View attachment 63077

I'm not some little kid to make up stories. What's so hard to believe? A race from 40-110. My SC/Meth Vette (and GTR's) are fast but not 1.5 sec from 40-110 fast. lol The look on the kids face was priceless after I dusted him. It was probably his 1st loss.....

Anyway, I see your in central NJ. Im in Bergen County not too far. If you want to run my Vette with your "not stock" GTR, we can film it for the forum and you could get the same run the kid got and see what happens. Race to 150 would be even better for me...

I think 86style is why so many can't stand GTR's or their owners......

callmedoc

Boosted Meth Addict
Established Member
your story is complete b.s. buddy. in your own words, the run was 2nd gear to 3rd gear from 40 and you expect everyone to believe that this was a 40-110 race? with traffic ahead? are you kidding me? its incredible that your vette can put 2.5 -3 lengths on a gtr in one gear from 40 mph.

better yet lets race from a dig too and film that. im guesssing you have not the slightest clue how to drive your mid life crisis chevy hence the roll racing. how about this, ill race you in my lowly z51 stock vette 7 sp from a dig and ill smack you around in that too lmao!!!!!

Can you read? It was starting in 2nd at 40 and going through 3rd to 110. You make fun of the vette yet you supposedly have one? LOL You are a joke.

And I told you I'd run your GTR the same way....40 to 110 starting in 2nd gear. Put your money where your mouth is too....

I would tell you PM me, but I don't believe you own what you say you do :lol:

86style

Established Member
thank you for confirming what everyone knew already:

1) your story is b.s. hence you changing your description of the race now
2) you cant drive as evident by you only roll race
3) no race from a dig? even in my z51? see number 2)
4) if you need me to post pics of my cars id be happy to
5) im allowed to drive a vette cause im not a 55 year old

Can you read? It was starting in 2nd at 40 and going through 3rd to 110. You make fun of the vette yet you supposedly have one? LOL You are a joke.

And I told you I'd run your GTR the same way....40 to 110 starting in 2nd gear. Put your money where your mouth is too....

Machdup1

Established Member

The undedrive pully added 1.5-2 psi to your setup, with a tune that's around 50'ish HP, so you are 700'ish RWHP. So I can believe your story. I got my C6 LS3 D1SC and supporting mods back from the builder this week and it is fun. It would have crushed my pullied/intake/exhaust 04 Cobra. You are 150HP north of me, so your setup must pull like a freight train.

Otroo

Established Member
thank you for confirming what everyone knew already:

1) your story is b.s. hence you changing your description of the race now
2) you cant drive as evident by you only roll race
3) no race from a dig? even in my z51? see number 2)
4) if you need me to post pics of my cars id be happy to
5) im allowed to drive a vette cause im not a 55 year old

Just curious you going to take up his challenge or just trash talk?

kaz109

Established Member

If u are setting up a run why do the ricer roll shit. Go from a dig. Sure u caught the other guy on the hwy so u had to do a role run (which I still wouldn't brag about) but if u are setting something up be a man.

Machdup1

Established Member
If u are setting up a run why do the ricer roll shit. Go from a dig. Sure u caught the other guy on the hwy so u had to do a role run (which I still wouldn't brag about) but if u are setting something up be a man.

So you want to race him from a dig?

Users who are viewing this thread