Going about putting a deposit on a '16 GT350

SCalla1384

Established Member
Hey guys, I figured I'd start this thread to kind of get an idea. I'm sure there's other people like me who aren't totally sure lol.

so I've been calling a few dealerships, seeing if they are in fact getting a GT350 and if it's possible to put a deposit down.

A few dealers are, but aren't sure about deposits just yet.

One I did talk too, said they are getting 3 of the gt350s. He said I can secure my spot by putting down $5,000 deposit. Does that seem to steep? Or legit? I asked about mark up prices, and he said he's not sure because official pricing isn't listed. I suppose I should of asked, is the deposit refundable. But I'm sure it is.

Thanks guys!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You're negotiating a contract. Negotiate terms that you can live with. If you want one of the first you better be prepared to pay a substantial ADM.

SCalla1384

Established Member
I'm hoping I can find some dealers that won't mark them up, or will very little. I'd really like to get one of the first 16s. Place my order once order banks are open.

RaceRedSnake

Established Member
If you can get a note from the dealer saying you will not pay over MSRP, you should be okay. I don't think the 2016 GT350 will be marked up much because the collectors will be looking for the 2015 GT350.

SCalla1384

Established Member
If you can get a note from the dealer saying you will not pay over MSRP, you should be okay. I don't think the 2016 GT350 will be marked up much because the collectors will be looking for the 2015 GT350.

This is sort of what I was thinking, BUT you know how they can be.

I'm thinking what I'll do, is tell them. I'm willing to put down a $5,000 deposit now to secure my name on the list, if I can get it at MSRP. Or on to the next. A little over msrp I'd okay, but not $5,000.

Thanks for the help guys, before i bought my 13 GT, I've burned myself before buying a car. Just being young, dumb, impatient, and ended up getting stuck with a high interest rate, and high payment. So just kind of looking for ways you guys got your card at or below msrp or plan to with these cars.

Lemers

Established Member
Dealers are starting to get allocation numbers. Even though they can order them yet.

Ask the GM how many allocations they are getting? How many people they have on a waiting list? If you place a deposit, will it get you an allocation? Negotiate a price that you are good with in terms of dollars plus or minus MSRP. Get it all in writing and if you put money down make sure that you get a receipt and in writing that it is refundable.

Last edited:

SCalla1384

Established Member
Cool thanks for the info man! Appreciate it.

So, order banks open for the 2016 models on May 11 correct? Next monday? I'm hoping by then, I'll have talked with a dealer that'll agree to terms I like, and I'll put a deposit down.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
$5,000 is way too much of a deposit.

I ordered a brand new Viper and only gave $2,000 as a 100% refundable deposit.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I wouldn't trust a dealer who would:
Take a 5K deposit with no pricing info.
And doesn't know his dealerships ADM policy.
As a side note, I ordered my 14 GT500 with a $ 1000.00 deposit.

SCalla1384

Established Member
$5,000 is way too much of a deposit.

I ordered a brand new Viper and only gave $2,000 as a 100% refundable deposit.

Good to know, thanks man.

I wouldn't trust a dealer who would:
Take a 5K deposit with no pricing info.
And doesn't know his dealerships ADM policy.
As a side note, I ordered my 14 GT500 with a $ 1000.00 deposit.

Yeah good point man. If I don't hear anything from any other dealer, I'll call them and tell them I'm willing to put a $2000 deposit down as long as there's no markup, because another dealer will sell to me at msrp for $3000 down. I'll bs them alittle :D

Was I right as far as order banks for the 2016 open next monday, the 11th?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

Your 'note' means nothing if you are not willing to take the expensive and cumbersome steps required to enforce it.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Yeah I'm doing my best not too.

I made an offer to a couple dealers saying I'm willing to put down a deposit if I can get it at msrp. Well see...

hognutz

Established Member
Well my .02 is find a dealer that does not do ADM. I have never paid it and never will. I would not put down more than $500 or 1k. Some people will say don't put anything down but at the same time if it is a dealer you don't have a history with I can see them wanting something on good faith.

Any dealer that asks for 5k is smoking crack IMO. at this point though it is so early you just need to make a bunch of phone calls and be careful of being lied to because all of the first allocations could be sold for over if a dealer chooses to do so.

I will be shooting for second allocation of 16 production if I decide to buy so I can avoid ADM and hopefully get below MSRP.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Definitely is a good idea to wait til 2nd set of allocations.

I've been making a lot of phone calls. Some dealers are taking deposits, some will get back to me, some say the other dealers are lying because they don't know if they're getting 16 models yet... lol. That same dealer told me they're not making a 2015 model. I told him, yes 137 will be made but I don't want them, I want a 16 model.

Some of the people you talk to lol

Users who are viewing this thread