Going to install Boss intake this weekend, tips?

djniknala

Established Member
Why not just pull the fuel pump fuse and crank away?

OP-Looking forward to your times. Your times are what motivated me to get slicks and try and run some times. Last Friday 11.74@116 but yesterday the track was slick with a headwind but I got my 60 down to 1.62. I think you'll be able to get a 11.5x with the manifold. I had one but my clutch did not like the 7500rpm shifts. It locked me out half the time. I should have just put a McLeod in it. Good luck man!

grabber blue gt

Established Member
Ok now im not looking to start a war/battle but I have a very simple question. If I dont shift at the "suggested" 7500 rpm and I stay shifting at 7200, would I still see a gain with the boss manifold?? If it picks up power from 5k all the way to 7800, even if I dont go to the limit I should still see a gain correct?

Sorry to thread jack OP, didnt want to start a thread just on this question

BPatterson

Established Member
It's totally up to you, but you're gonna be leaving a little bit on the table. That's just that many rpm's you're gonna fall shorter in the next gear after the gear change. And with the Boss IM, you wanna keep the rpm's as high as possible to take full advantage.

1Bad5.0

Established Member
I have a A6 and it shifts at 7k, but still picked up four tenths....Might i add the DA was better as well so that contributed something to the ET

Ok now im not looking to start a war/battle but I have a very simple question. If I dont shift at the "suggested" 7500 rpm and I stay shifting at 7200, would I still see a gain with the boss manifold?? If it picks up power from 5k all the way to 7800, even if I dont go to the limit I should still see a gain correct?

Sorry to thread jack OP, didnt want to start a thread just on this question

burke985

Established Member
I will try to get some. I am more interested in racing my 408 Fox, but this car will be back at the track very soon. I would like to see sub 11.5s.

Mike

Keep messing with your Daily Driver and you may just pass the fox up and forget about it. :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread