Going to Nashville... where to stay, what to do, where to eat, etc?

Teal Terminator

Established Member
I'm going to bump this thread back to the top since we've got our trip coming up in a month and I just want to see if anybody else has anything to add. We've got our hotel booked at this point, now just trying to decide what tours to do, places to see, restaurants to eat at, and/or activities to do.

My wife showed some interested in the "Nashville" TV Show tour... anybody done this, interesting enough even if you aren't a big fan of the show? I'm familiar with the characters/etc but I don't want every episode.

The other bigger (more time consuming) tour we are considering is the Jack Daniels distillery in Lynchburg(?). I've read good things about it for the most part but it's the majority of an entire day (7 hours) so we want to make sure we don't blow nearly a full day on something that isn't any good or that we won't enjoy.

Thanks again in advance for any input.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
So, the JD Distillery is in a dry county. Just a little heads up.

What days will you be in town?

Music wise I would go to the Tin stood on Demonbruen on Tuesday for their Revival which is upcoming singers/songwriters. Also, Bluebird Cafe and The Row are great spots for music. Two acts I'd look at are Steel Blossoms and Josh Gallagher, but I am partial as they are from where I grew up. Ryman, go to George Jones Museum.

Food

Cabanas, Watermark, The Slider House, McNamaras, The Pharmacy, Pinewood Social, The Pub, ML Rose, Zykkas, Sinema.

Beer
Tailgate Brewery, Yazoo, Fat Bottom, Flying Saucer, Red Door Saloon, Hurry Back

Cocktails
Pinewood Social, Holland House, Amaris (order pizza there), Patterson House, 308, Sutler Saloon, Sinema

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I'm not very use to massive malls so I enjoy going to the Opry Mills mall in Nashville. I have no idea if they still have this or not, but I remember about 13 years ago when I was little, I went there with my family and they all did this NASCAR simulator game in one of the stores where you sit in a replica nascar with all the gadgets and drive on this massive screen in front of the car. And if you wreck or turn sharply, the car is on a bunch of hydraulics so it moves around and shakes violently lol. I got to sit in the passenger seat with my dad driving and there was a small screen on the dash where I could switch to views of other players and I watched my uncle wreck over and over again lol. Never cared for nascar but it was a fun experience as a 10 year old

Last edited:

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Thanks for all the recommendations Deceptive! I know I'm a little late to respond but life has been busy... can't wait for our vacay! I'll pass these recommendations on the wife and see if any of them peak her interest. I know she had already sent me something about The Pharmacy, which looked delicious to me as well, so we'll likely be going there.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
My wife and I love Nashville, so ready to go back. Favorite part is walking music row listening to some good honky tonk music and drinking some beers.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for all the recommendations Deceptive! I know I'm a little late to respond but life has been busy... can't wait for our vacay! I'll pass these recommendations on the wife and see if any of them peak her interest. I know she had already sent me something about The Pharmacy, which looked delicious to me as well, so we'll likely be going there.

Don't forget to post a thread with photos in Pics & Videos when you return from your vacation. You're going to have a good time in Nashville.

YJSONLY

Established Member
I'm going for a quick business trip will be down town. Fly in early Friday flight out on Saturday 1 weekend in April. And at the same time they are having a zombie convention same time (issues of finding hotel!!!!!).

Users who are viewing this thread