Good Deal?/1st Car For son?

95snoozer

Established Member
chip it and put a speed limiter in it with out him knowing :D

i got a mustang when I was 16 under the condition that if I got a ticket it was gone. I never sped at all and I pretty much still dont. Its something that stuck with me. I hate caravans when everyone wants to do 85

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
I was an asshole when I was a kid, ok I still am (drive like one). I got tickets, drove way faster than I every do today and crashed my 1968 coupe three times. Oh those were the days..........:rolling:

I guess it depend on what kind of driver he is.:??: My father was crazy to let me drive that. I miss the sound of full lenght headers and carb.:cryying:

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
I am a 17 year old kid with a 5.0 hatch and we also have a convertible. I learned to drive in a 93 Probe se. It felt fast even though it only went 18's lol but the point is yes i've had an accident, i learned from it and i haven't even come close to getting in trouble in the 5.0. I drive the speed limit, use turn signals and don't cut any one off. you get the picture. If your kid is a kid who will treat the car with respect it needs then i say go for it but if not don't. I do that and it's only scared me once, on a freeway off ramp and the ass end decided it wanted to lead, didn't hurt anything but it taught me a lesson. Treat a v8 with respect and it will respect you back.

02 Harley Truck

Established Member
BlackOnBlack, i dont know why you would say such a stupid thing... thats why i posted this forum so i could get opionons... and im getting them... if i do decide to get this car... he will only be able to drive it with a ADULT for 1 year... i wouldnt even think of gettin this car if i think it would kill him... and i apreciate your post but next time try and make it sound a little better... like maybe... " i dont think you should buy this car for him BECAUSE" NOT you must not want your son... thanx everyone else... keep them coming

lightning89mg

Established Member
All that matters is TRUST! If you trust your kid enough and he is responsible, there is no reason not to give him a high performance car. I know I am only 18 and I am sure I dont know crap about raising a kid or anything like that, but I am close with my parents and they trusted my and me brother with high horsepwer cars. If your kid is mature and responsible, then I think some thanks is in order, maybe in the shape of a 5.0 or 4.6 :thumbsup: . I sure know that especially these days where kids are swearing at the age 5 that its rather hard to find a mature 16 year old. So if your kid is mature and has proved it, might aswell reward him with something both you and him can work on and spend time together with. Good luck sir!\

Marc G

MattSVTCobra

Established Member
Iwas 18 when got a 97 Cobra. I dont think its a big deal, and definatly go for it! I feel safer in the Cobra for some reason. I'm 19 now and only have been pulled over for exaust!!

Good luck for your son,i hope he gets it!

FliteQH

FOXY5OH
Established Member
Hey thats a nice car. i hae my stang since I was 16, I argued and argued and I got my mom to agree to it. We didn't tell my dad until the night we went for it. I wouldnt be worried about it for his first car, is he is a true v8 kid, he will treat it right. Good Luck

Ex-'93 Cobra

Established Member
I had one for my first car. But I learned how to drive faster cars for about 5-6 years before hand. Your judgement. Best regards.

Users who are viewing this thread