Good Diesel Mechanic/Tuner in Orlando?

RedDemon91

Established Member
Because if you don't tow anything on a daily bases, then there's no need for one.

No they don't actually. that's a myth, your only talking a 1-2 maybe even 3 mpg difference not much. they are meant to be run constantly.

Just curious, but why should it matter to you if I want to get one or not? If I like it, I'm gonna get it. Maybe I like the way they look, or the way they perform, or their nice interior, or maybe I just need it because of all the heavy shit I carry. Who are you to tell me I don't need one just because you feel I don't need one?

RedDemon91

Established Member
Also, how long have you guys known this Lugo guy or gotten anything done by him? I read a few reviews that the guy stole money from the customers and sold someone's already bought parts to someone else.

Stephen4036

Established Member
Also, how long have you guys known this Lugo guy or gotten anything done by him? I read a few reviews that the guy stole money from the customers and sold someone's already bought parts to someone else.

Lugo is good, jorden @ excessive racing use to work for him.. I would go to lugo.. good prices too.. *atleast for mustang work*

and back to modular, diseils go for hundreds and hundreds of thousands of miles... i mean 100k on diesel is break in, 100k on a triton v10 is a ticking timebomb.. there really is no reason to buy a gas truck unless you cant afford diesel.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Skip Lugo. Please don't use Lugo. Anyone but Lugo.

Its not a good sign when you have to rename your shop so that it doesn't have your name in it..

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Oh and as far as the gas mileage...

My Dodge 2500 reg cab 4x4 with a hemi gets around 10-11 mpg. Good friend with a crew cab 2500 4x4 gets around 16-18 mpg with a cummins.

Its noticeable

ModularFan

Established Member
Oh and as far as the gas mileage...

My Dodge 2500 reg cab 4x4 with a hemi gets around 10-11 mpg. Good friend with a crew cab 2500 4x4 gets around 16-18 mpg with a cummins.

Its noticeable

Is that highway or is that what the lie-o-meter states?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Skip Lugo. Please don't use Lugo. Anyone but Lugo.

Its not a good sign when you have to rename your shop so that it doesn't have your name in it..

werd...hes been through several shops and names. Plenty of horror stories out there about the guy

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member

ok scooter.

I use an application on my phone to track gas and maint entries.

Since I bought my truck over 2 years ago its never gotten above an average of 10.1 mpg across 30,000 miles.

and if you head your little ass on over to cummins forums you'll see what they average.

Stephen4036

Established Member

are you retarded? my buddies get 18-20 city ALL DAY, duramax, cummins, powerstroke, whatever...

I KNOW your not getting even 15.. my tahoe 5.3L is the same as 2500's and 1500's and I get 12 AT MOST.

i know your ****ing clueless about diesel that doesnt mean that gas is better because your ignorant to the obvious.

RedDemon91

Established Member
Are you looking for someone to do true mechanical work and maintenance or performance stuff?

If not already done by the previous owner, I want to find someone who can fix the problems with the head studs, the injectors, and the EGR. Get all of those issues squared away first, even if they don't show signs of going yet, so I guess that would require someone who works in the performance field. Then after that, I'd just want a guy who does true mechanical work if any other problems present themselves because I don't know alot about how to work on diesels.

ModularFan

Established Member
are you retarded? my buddies get 18-20 city ALL DAY, duramax, cummins, powerstroke, whatever...

I KNOW your not getting even 15.. my tahoe 5.3L is the same as 2500's and 1500's and I get 12 AT MOST.

i know your ****ing clueless about diesel that doesnt mean that gas is better because your ignorant to the obvious.

Iam clueless to diesel "huh" alright bud, I'am not going to bother to argue with you. but if you call 2-3 mpg jump astonishing from gas, then you need a head examination or something. If you dont tow anything heavy or do long rides of travel, a diesel is not need simple as that.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
wasnt the name change from the divorce or whatever..? but idk.

might have been part of it but I'd still stay far away from him..been through several shops/names....all supposedly with this promise of being great shops yet they fizzle out to nothing.

i know a guy first hand that got an engine built by Lugo back in the day...look elsewhere

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Iam clueless to diesel "huh" alright bud, I'am not going to bother to argue with you. but if you call 2-3 mpg jump astonishing from gas, then you need a head examination or something. If you dont tow anything heavy or do long rides of travel, a diesel is not need simple as that.

So you are saying that if two trucks as configured alike and cost the same, but one's diesel and the other is gas, you would pick the gas?

ModularFan

Established Member
So you are saying that if two trucks as configured alike and cost the same, but one's diesel and the other is gas, you would pick the gas?

They don't cost the same? 6.0's still go for the 20's. An Expedition or F-150 will tow a car trailer double axle at that good enough if you have the right distribution hitch etc. Most people who drive diesel trucks are contractors of some sort.

If I wasn't towing a heavy trailer frequently, like in almost everyday I'd buy a gasser over the diesel. the maintence is way cheaper and so is gas. Now if I was towing a heavy trailer etc everyday then yes I'd buy a diesel.

Stephen4036

Established Member
They don't cost the same? 6.0's still go for the 20's. An Expedition or F-150 will tow a car trailer double axle at that good enough if you have the right distribution hitch etc. Most people who drive diesel trucks are contractors of some sort.

If I wasn't towing a heavy trailer frequently, like in almost everyday I'd buy a gasser over the diesel. the maintence is way cheaper and so is gas. Now if I was towing a heavy trailer etc everyday then yes I'd buy a diesel.

please show me has gas is "way" cheaper than diesel?

and maintenance? are you an idiot? yes the oil changed might be more but um diesels run for ever.. so ill take the expensive oil change over the 5 rebuilt gas motors.

RedDemon91

Established Member
please show me has gas is "way" cheaper than diesel?

and maintenance? are you an idiot? yes the oil changed might be more but um diesels run for ever.. so ill take the expensive oil change over the 5 rebuilt gas motors.

This times a million. I'd much rather have my shit last 4 or 500,000 miles and save more money in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread