GORDS FORD H/E protective screen

InKogNigRow

Established Member
Does anyone have this?

GordsFord has just released a protective wire mesh screen to prevent damage from road debris that could puncture your heat exchanger core. A worthwhile investment and and it adds a customized element to the look of your Cobra. Colour options include Natural, Aluminum and Black.

Post pics if you have this.. here is the link

http://www.gordsfordperformance.com/

screen.jpg

DTSVT03

Why try?
Established Member
I have one on mine, but I have no idea where it came from. Just go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy some screen and make your own. Probably a lot cheaper that way.

DTSVT03

Why try?
Established Member
this is the only pic i have of the front and I am working out of town right now. im in SD and the car is in SC... crazy huh
100_0173.gif

and im not sure if you can see it from this pic, but here ya go
100_0168.jpg

Last edited:

DTSVT03

Why try?
Established Member
your Car looks great! What Springs are you running.. Are you sure thats the Gords Screen?

Thanks for the compliment, those are the H&R SS springs. I don't know what piece of screen that is, it was on there when I bought the car.

Yeah $145 is a ripoff!

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
how much are they charging...$145.00...my god:uh oh:....like was said before go to Home Depot or something and by some screen and cut to size..done for about $6.00....many have been doing that for years now.

mixxer

Established Member
I have it and its nice! Its powder coated black and stenciled ,the mesh is framed buy metal to reinforce it and the type of mesh used is the least restrictive to allow air flow but still protect the H/E . Ive had mine fopr 3 years and it still looks like the day i bought it,its better than stenciling the h/e cause the fins get bent and look like hell this doesnt.

Last edited:

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
So the screen has a stencil on it instead of the H/E, correct? Also, how does the screen attach to the car?

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
I made one for my car.....$1.49 for the gutter guard at Home Depot, used spray paint I already had, and a stencil I had for months.....I'll post pics later today...

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i think a big part of their product though is making a good way for it to attach to the bumper. instead of just screwing it in somehow. and for people who dont want to mess around making their own parts, its not a "rip off".

lets see some home made units. anyone have pics of their install? or at least can explain it?

Coiled03

Established Member
I'd like to see pictures of how this is attached to the car.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I have the LDC Chicago one. Stainless steel mesh powder coated black and stainless steel brackets and hardware. $64.95 for the kit. It wasn't too bad for not having to measure, cut, fab up brackets etc....

183441.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread