Got a ride in modified Shelby GT500

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
chuckstang said:
Bruce: Why does your R sound so much better than your gt500?? Do you even have an exhaust on your gt500 yet?
Holy shittt that R is fast!

Define better?! ;-)

The R has mimimal mufflers, (Burns Stainless, straight through) and dumps in front of the IRS. Even with a helmet to helmet communicator you have to pick and choose when you talk to your passenger and vice versa. That car is LOUD AS HELL inside.

Now the cats have been removed from the "R" (since the posted videos) and it's louder and faster. :-D

The GT500 is stock exhaust with the Corsa axle-backs. It's stll kind of noisy, but nothing like the "R".

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
you can edit your old post fyi.

Yeah, but that would be cheating. :nono: Just kidding. Per your recommendation I went back and fixed it for clarities sake for future readers. I should have thought of that first. Thanks.

Oh well, too late to save face now.

asperformance

Banned
I have an 04 Mystic witch I had put a solid in, I can tell you this, It seems to ride just as good, and handle as good if not better, I think it is because of the weight issue. The IRS assembly is a heavy unit and has a lot of rear push to it. I can take corners better with the solid and it seems to have less front end push. As for the new Shelby, I will know on Friday. The dealer is waiting for the check from the Bank. However the problem with the IRs is at the Drag strip it completely blows the tires off. As with the IRS it hooked up very well.

stealth07

sleeper
i have drivin both irs and live axle cars including gt500 and irs cobra and the gt500 it the clear winner for so many reasons plus u can steer it with ur foot better then the irs

Users who are viewing this thread