got a ticket for a single car accident

Azrael

Úlfhéðnar
Established Member
now now ... you need to be shoin sum positive comfort yo. wonder if there is a wiki article on this. and since you ARE an LEO, do y'all get classes in "positive comfort" ?

We do occasionally have "Hug a Thug" days... Just because they say we need to have community sensitivity. :dw::lol1:

haz-matt

Established Member
All I wanted was a hug! Hah is that so much to ask for? I guess im the dumbest person you know and your the dumbest person I know to get hit by a car for jaywalking!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
All I wanted was a hug! Hah is that so much to ask for? I guess im the dumbest person you know and your the dumbest person I know to get hit by a car for jaywalking!
. The difference is that I am not the one bitching about not getting the "positive comfort" for being distracted and stupid. I have told the story before on here look it up if you want.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
I won't write them if they actually hit the deer. Mostly because we get a lot of deer committing suicide on the interstate by running into traffic. Now if they swerve and don't hit it and hit a tree instead....well then I have no proof there was actually a deer in the road. You get a ticket.

Woah woah woah wait a second...

So I could be doing the speed limit (lets say 60 mph to make the math easy) and a deer could dart across the road and if I swerve to avoid it and hit a tree I get a ticket? What ticket would I get? What would the elements be to said charge and how on Earth could anyone prove them?

60 mph = 90ft per second. Lets say there is 30 feet between the road's edge and the tree line. A deer can run at 20 mph = 30 feet per second. it would take a deer 1 second to cover the distance from the trees to the road. in that time I would have traveled 3 times the distance and be carrying wayyy more momentum (making it harder to turn or stop) so how is it my fault if I hit a deer?

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I once hit a hispanic trash truck driver when he stepped out in front of me. He thought he was taking me to the bank, until the cop wrote him a ticket, and let me go.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I once hit a hispanic trash truck driver when he stepped out in front of me. He thought he was taking me to the bank, until the cop wrote him a ticket, and let me go.

hispanic trash?

or hispanic truck driver?

either way, what's the "hispanic" part matter at all to this story?

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Woah woah woah wait a second...

So I could be doing the speed limit (lets say 60 mph to make the math easy) and a deer could dart across the road and if I swerve to avoid it and hit a tree I get a ticket? What ticket would I get? What would the elements be to said charge and how on Earth could anyone prove them?

60 mph = 90ft per second. Lets say there is 30 feet between the road's edge and the tree line. A deer can run at 20 mph = 30 feet per second. it would take a deer 1 second to cover the distance from the trees to the road. in that time I would have traveled 3 times the distance and be carrying wayyy more momentum (making it harder to turn or stop) so how is it my fault if I hit a deer?

Well in VA, you could be written under 46.2-853 - Failure to Maintain PROPER Control of a Motor Vehicle. And in VA, it is a Reckless Driving charge, Class 1 Misdemeanor too.

But let's look at it this way....if you swerve to miss and animal and wreck, wouldn't it be better to wreck INTO the animal so when the LEO shows up you have PROOF that there was a animal there? You swerve, hit a tree to avoid hitting an animal, animal leaves because he's a thug and knows he caused you to wreck. I can't find the animal and charge him with being a pedestrian in the roadway or jaywalking. So I roll up to your crash, see skidmarks from (a) swerve (b) braking (c) or both, I can esaily PROVE by that alone that you Failed to Maintain Proper Control.

AND I never said it was your fault for hitting the deer, nor that I'd write you if you hit the deer. I said if you SWERVE to miss the deer and wreck.

READING COMPREHENSION

Last edited:

silver03svt

Established Member
hispanic trash?

or hispanic truck driver?

either way, what's the "hispanic" part matter at all to this story?

Try Hispanic driver of a TRASH truck. :dw:

And I think he was just trying to really the full feel of the story. Not instigating anything.

READING COMPREHENSION

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Try Hispanic driver of a TRASH truck. :dw:

And I think he was just trying to really the full feel of the story. Not instigating anything.

READING COMPREHENSION

Uh... What?... WRITING COMPREHENSION for the both of you! :beer:

And even if he meant hispanic driver of a trash truck, not instigating anything either, but "hispanic" is still completely irrelevant.

Last edited:

silver03svt

Established Member
Uh... What?... WRITING COMPREHENSION for the both of you! :beer:

And even if he meant hispanic driver of a trash truck, not instigating anything either, but "hispanic" is still completely irrelevant.

Should he have used person of half color instead?

silver03svt

Established Member
so he should have said hispanic trash truck driver person?????

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
RDJ, are you back in this thread again looking for positive comfort?

yes I am very disappointed in the behavior of the LEOs in this thread .. not positive comfort, no bro hug not even a little "sorry" ....

MissGT23

Established Member
yes I am very disappointed in the behavior of the LEOs in this thread .. not positive comfort, no bro hug not even a little "sorry" ....

Well here
action-smiley-032.gif

But next time, watch where you're going:poke:

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
So I'm in a single car accident, no matter how that accident might of happened, and I get a ticket ( which basically is just free money for the state.) Yup sounds fair to me.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
So I'm in a single car accident, no matter how that accident might of happened, and I get a ticket ( which basically is just free money for the state.) Yup sounds fair to me.
really?? this is all you take away from this thread? you sound like a guy that would cry about not getting any positive comfort too. You may or may not get a ticket, it depends on the circumstances. I have been in two single car accidents in VA. one I got a ticket for the other I didn't.

Well here
action-smiley-032.gif

But next time, watch where you're going:poke:
YAY now I fee complete .... and positively comforted

Users who are viewing this thread