got a ticket for a single car accident

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
I don't need a pic, but post one if you'd like to. The 40 sign posted is the max SAFE speed for ANY conditions. That holds effect UNTIL you clear the last portion of the on/off ramp where the exit lane parallels the highway and becomes the acceleration/merge lane.

Yes, most ramps can be taken at higher speeds during more favorable weather, BUT the max safe speed is still the max safe speed in the eye of the law. Unfortunately for you, you were fairly written for the appropriate charge.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
You can get penalized for poor road conditions? :dw:

If the road conditions are poor then the driver needs to adjust his speed to accommodate for that. That is one reason for the ticket "too fast for road conditions." Also, if it were a hidden danger in the road there would be documented cases of multiple accidents in this same spot leading to the same type of wreck.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I ave been in a couple one cars wrecks. Both time I was written up for "failure to maintain proper control of my vehicle". So there is more than one option to be written for. Either way just pay the ticket or do the class and move on. You are guilty of one or the other by your own admission.

CWCobra

Established Member
Gotta face it: a crash, no matter what the reason, is a violation, and will most likely generate a ticket - to somebody. The OP was the only party, so he gets the ticket. Having a crash is against the law, is perhaps another way to put it.

I will never understand getting ticketed for a deer strike, 'tho.

scuse de typos...I'm all tumbs

silver03svt

Established Member
I won't write them if they actually hit the deer. Mostly because we get a lot of deer committing suicide on the interstate by running into traffic. Now if they swerve and don't hit it and hit a tree instead....well then I have no proof there was actually a deer in the road. You get a ticket.

Azrael

Úlfhéðnar
Established Member
I have been to a few single car accidents that weren't the driver's fault, namely during rain/wind storms when a tree literally falls on a car driving by... "Acts of God" so to speak.

haz-matt

Established Member
Not to sound stupid (im sure it will to some of you) If you can drive the car away from the scene and you are the only one involved, why in the heck would you wait around to get a ticket? If I ever get in an accident involving just myself, I am getting the heck out before some prick gives me a ticket and adds insult to injury. If I put one in a ditch Id get some buddies together and get it out before I give some leo the chance to stick me in the rear.

To you leo's, if someone just causes damage to their own personal property why do you feel the need to make their day even worse by giving them a ticket?

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
ok so last week i got in a wreck, and it was just me.. dont ask how but it was just one of those freak things where everything was right for it to happen.. anyways, no one was around when it happened so when the cop gets there he gives me a ticket for "operating a vehicle at a speed greater than reasonable" i wasnt speeding or anything and it was dry outside and hadnt snowed or rained in idk how long. is he allowed to give me a ticket for literally no reason?

Since SCBQQSTN hasn't spoken up, I refer you to these threads:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...leos-only-please-single-vehicle-accident.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/donut-shop-61/695939-went-court-today-officer-showed-up.html

MissGT23

Established Member
ok so last week i got in a wreck, and it was just me.. dont ask how but it was just one of those freak things where everything was right for it to happen.. anyways, no one was around when it happened so when the cop gets there he gives me a ticket for "operating a vehicle at a speed greater than reasonable" i wasnt speeding or anything and it was dry outside and hadnt snowed or rained in idk how long. is he allowed to give me a ticket for literally no reason?

40. I'm not sure exactly what speed I was going, but it was after the the S turn, it would be like coming out of a corner and right when u get back on the throttle after exiting a turn you hit something in the road and spin out.. I've taken the on ramp many times, and yes to be honest I have gone around it a little to fast once or twice, and never had a problem. I've even been behind a big van that took the turn/on ramp at about 65 and did just fine. The best way for y'all to really tell would be to see the road where it happened. I'll see if I can't get a pic like the guy did earlier

So if you are not sure exactly what speed you were doing, how do you know you were not speeding?:shrug:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Not to sound stupid (im sure it will to some of you) If you can drive the car away from the scene and you are the only one involved, why in the heck would you wait around to get a ticket? If I ever get in an accident involving just myself, I am getting the heck out before some prick gives me a ticket and adds insult to injury. If I put one in a ditch Id get some buddies together and get it out before I give some leo the chance to stick me in the rear.

To you leo's, if someone just causes damage to their own personal property why do you feel the need to make their day even worse by giving them a ticket?

your attitude is the reason why you might receive a ticket

haz-matt

Established Member
What attitude am I suppose to have when something unfortunate happens and instead of recieving help or some kind of positive comfort or motivation, I get a ticket. As if the day wasnt bad enough? I can totally understand if I were to hit someone else or damage property, give me a ticket.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
What attitude am I suppose to have when something unfortunate happens and instead of recieving help or some kind of positive comfort or motivation, I get a ticket. As if the day wasnt bad enough? I can totally understand if I were to hit someone else or damage property, give me a ticket.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: what do you want the cop to do, hold your hand and hug you while you cry it out? jesus are you a man or what? what the **** was he supposed to say .. oh man I am really sorry you wrecked your car let me hug the pain away. Bwhahahahaha I have never heard anything so dumb in my life.

shit I got hit by a car when I was walking across the street. The cop haded me a jaywalking ticket while I was IN the ambulance waiting to be hauled to the Hosp. and I was nice as hell to him. Had I known I would have insisted on a hug and some "positive comfort" before I ever signed.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
:lol: :lol: what do you want the cop to do, hold your hand and hug you while you cry it out? jesus are you a man or what? what the **** was he supposed to say .. oh man I am really sorry you wrecked your car let me hug the pain away. Bwhahahahaha I have never heard anything so dumb in my life.

shit I got hit by a car when I was walking across the street. The cop haded me a jaywalking ticket while I was IN the ambulance waiting to be hauled to the Hosp. and I was nice as hell to him. Had I known I would have insisted on a hug and some "positive comfort" before I ever signed the ticket.

and perhaps you should spend some time reading the rules before one of the mods gives you a SVTP sponsored vacation

your my hero... :beer:

MissGT23

Established Member

shit I got hit by a car when I was walking across the street. The cop haded me a jaywalking ticket while I was IN the ambulance waiting to be hauled to the Hosp. and I was nice as hell to him. Had I known I would have insisted on a hug and some "positive comfort" before I ever signed the ticket.

and perhaps you should spend some time reading the rules before one of the mods gives you a SVTP sponsored vacation

He gave you a ticket because you were speedwalking and hit a car.:poke:

silver03svt

Established Member

Well, most insurance companies won't pay out if you leave the scene and haven't talked to an LEO to get a report or not. Not to mention, most states (VA included) consider in a hit-and-run if you leave the scene, single vehicle crash or not.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Well, most insurance companies won't pay out if you leave the scene and haven't talked to an LEO to get a report or not. Not to mention, most states (VA included) consider in a hit-and-run if you leave the scene, single vehicle crash or not.
now now ... you need to be shoin sum positive comfort yo. wonder if there is a wiki article on this. and since you ARE an LEO, do y'all get classes in "positive comfort" ?

Users who are viewing this thread