Got beat by a 2007 Gt500

Jsak

Established Member
Ive got a 2008 a6 vette with bolt ons and a tune. The guy had a whipple supercharger, cams, full exhaust, and runing 14psi. We raced from a 20 punch and I got the jump but until about 90 and then he passed me. Beating me by 1.25 car lengths by 120. He went passed me pretty good at 90 but wasnt pulling to hard aftwards. What type of power are these gt500 putting down wtih those mods? It seems like he should have demolished me but the guy also sayed he demolished the tires through 2nd. I was on street tires and he was on radials. It was a good raced, guess its true what they say, anthing can happen on the streets! His car was pretty slick

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
Ya, something might not be right; I think he'd really start driving away from you after he caught traction. Either way...good race/death!

crazycarlo

Established Member
it was prob a combo of things, tires, its eaier to drive an auto and u weigh a good bit less. Im not expert but id think that car is goo for somewhere in the 600's at the wheels but someone correct me if im wrong. Not a bad death man. He prob didnt pull more up top cause after 100 is where the LS motors start to shine.

Jsak

Established Member
Yeah, it was a good death, his car sounded wicked when he passed me. He said he has borlas on it. Pretty cool guy also. Funny when one of his friends told me if it was a manual it would be a lot faster!haha. I told him it wouldnt have made that much of a difference

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
A 2.9 whipple GT 500 make 17-18 psi on a stock 3.25 pulley. If he was running a stock 3.25 pulley he should have been making about 700 whp. I kill stock C6 Z06 pretty easily. Sounds like he was having BIG traction issues. He should have killed you much worse. Nice death you did well for yourself.

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
A 2.9 whipple GT 500 make 17-18 psi on a stock 3.25 pulley. If he was running a stock 3.25 pulley he should have been making about 700 whp. I kill stock C6 Z06 pretty easily. Sounds like he was having BIG traction issues. He should have killed you much worse. Nice death you did well for yourself.

x2

i would of been a much better race for you, but the fact it was only 1.25 cars ahead make me think that it wasnt a whipple after all........

did you actually see the whipple on his car??

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
Yeah, it was a good death, his car sounded wicked when he passed me. He said he has borlas on it. Pretty cool guy also. Funny when one of his friends told me if it was a manual it would be a lot faster!haha. I told him it wouldnt have made that much of a difference

wait are you telling me his car was a automatic??? :bs: :bs:

gt500's only come in 6 speed manuals.

if his car really has cams and exhaust and a whipple on it he would of murdered you no doubt!

makes me think it was a 07 GT with a whipple and cams, probably putting down close to 520rwhp. that would make more sense why he was with you and not pulling away from you like a raped ape.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
wait are you telling me his car was a automatic??? :bs: :bs:

gt500's only come in 6 speed manuals.

if his car really has cams and exhaust and a whipple on it he would of murdered you no doubt!

makes me think it was a 07 GT with a whipple and cams, probably putting down close to 520rwhp. that would make more sense why he was with you and not pulling away from you like a raped ape.

mhm, i think he is saying the gt500 friend said to the Op that his vette would be faster if it was a 6spd instead of an automagic...i think...if not then it was a gt with a whipple and prob some stripes and a badge and you just mistook it as one...either way nice death

Jsak

Established Member
The friend that was with the gt500 told me that my car would have been faster if it was a 6 speed. Also, I saw his 2.9 whipple. He popped the hood. I know that he wasnt lying about the cams because it loped quit a bit

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
He more than likely "DID" roast the tires all the way threw 2nd gear. Crap I spin pretty bad in 2nd gear with my new nitto drag radials, with alot less power than him.

BTW: If it makes you feel better, you could race me and chaulk yourself up a win!

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Ive got a 2008 a6 vette with bolt ons and a tune. The guy had a whipple supercharger, cams, full exhaust, and runing 14psi. We raced from a 20 punch and I got the jump but until about 90 and then he passed me. Beating me by 1.25 car lengths by 120. He went passed me pretty good at 90 but wasnt pulling to hard aftwards. What type of power are these gt500 putting down wtih those mods? It seems like he should have demolished me but the guy also sayed he demolished the tires through 2nd. I was on street tires and he was on radials. It was a good raced, guess its true what they say, anthing can happen on the streets! His car was pretty slick

Good runs! Now time for a set of ported L92s/FAST 102/Cam and 3.42s and never look back.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
The friend that was with the gt500 told me that my car would have been faster if it was a 6 speed. Also, I saw his 2.9 whipple. He popped the hood. I know that he wasnt lying about the cams because it loped quit a bit

Why was he only boosting to 14psi?

A 2.9 whipple GT 500 properly set p is a very low 10 sec car and at least one has run in the 9's. He should have easily beat your C6 A

Last edited:

Jsak

Established Member
I have no idea why he was only running 14psi, thats what he just told me. He said he almost hit me, when we took off cuz he spun so bad through 2nd.

Silver03Termi

Established Member
LMAO, 1.25 cars. he passed you at 90, then let off at 120, which was probably about 1.5 seconds later. 1.25 cars in 1.5 seconds is moving pretty good. at that rate, another 2 seconds and he would have put a bus length on you.

Users who are viewing this thread