Got pulled into some car club group on FB

Thehubster

Established Member
I am member of a couple groups in the little rock area. I dont get involved with those kinds of conversations. I would have done what you did but then never looked into it again because i put in my 2 cents and they can take it or leave it. I am there for the cars and not the drama. if they want to talk about their cars i am all for it, if they are there to tell me how my car is crappy because of this or that they can go suck on a rock.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm a member of a local Mini Cooper Facebook page. It's small, but I only check it for events. I don't, though, socialize via Facebook. I've just never been a fan.

west08

Established Member
I follow the Woodward face book page that I think started kind of for the Woodward Dream Cruise. It has turned into drama BS and 95% of the posts are "YOHB" (you on here bro) with pictures of either high end cars or rice. They also complain about getting kicked out of the same parking lot along Woodward every single week and are too dumb to find another lot

wickedsvt2002

Established Member
No Facebook here. I just usually go to shows with the wife or us with her parents in their 56 Fairlane.
So much drama in a lot of clubs anymore. The only one that was fun was our local Lightning club but most people have moved on.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Yeah and I'm not bashing on import owners its just this particular group is way out there. Actually saw someone post a picture of a Honda Odyssey and said "That Fitment Though". *deep breaths* I wasn't quite sure if that statement was made in sincerity or not and honestly I really don't know what that means... At this point its strictly comic relief.

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I follow the Woodward face book page that I think started kind of for the Woodward Dream Cruise. It has turned into drama BS and 95% of the posts are "YOHB" (you on here bro) with pictures of either high end cars or rice. They also complain about getting kicked out of the same parking lot along Woodward every single week and are too dumb to find another lot

I freaking love the Woodward group for this very reason. Endless entertainment.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Tried FB for about 2 days, years back when everyone was getting into it. Quickly realized I don't care what people I barely know are doing or their views on anything. Same thing as my first car club experience. Deciding not to interact with either has saved me many headaches and blood pressure points.

Forums are literally the same exact thing as FB except FB is a different layout and is a forum for everyone you know, whereas this is mostly dedicated to cars.

Then again, if you scrolled through my FB, its pretty much dedicated posts from mainly car outlets, tech outlets, or nerdy/geeky shit. I rarely see personal posts from people.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Eh to be fair, there is HS drama here as well, can’t expect that anywhere you go. There will always be a troll and drama in any type of group, sometimes you just don’t notice it or haven’t yet…

Never been to a car group crap since HS which was about 8 years ago and im glad. There was nothing special, forums are much better if I wanna talk about cars since you don’t get to see idiots or hear them talk non-sense in front of you.

Users who are viewing this thread