Got Scammed! Need Legal Advice And Any Information On This Guy!

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
i just got screwed out of 350 and a set of cobra mirrors by a guy in fl . low life **** wont even email me now . gave me a fake address .

Damn Terry. Sorry to hear that. Why didn't he pay you up front? And if he is a member on here, you need to put him on blast ASAP!

Planter

Banned
just read this whole thread and maybe i missed it, but when the guy was jerking you around why didnt you just call your bank and put a stop payment on the check? your bank had an interest in this vehicle and if they refused to stop payment or get the police involved or otherwise help you get an investigation started then you may want to contact an attorney and see about suing your bank for breach of contract because I'm pretty sure they have a legal obligation to protect your interest and mitigate any losses as much as you do in the fact that you are required to maintain insurance to protect the vehicle from theft or damage. you need to have an attorney look over the loan agreement and your banks terms and policies agreement (you would have received this when you first opened your account with them) and see if he can find any legal language that indicates they follow certain procedures for situations like this and ALL banks and credit unions have them.

You should also contact your insurance agent and if your bank is like mine they require you to put the vehicle on insurance coverage prior to them cutting you a check, you may be able to file a stolen vehicle claim based on the promissory note and money exchange and have your loss covered. Then it becomes an insurance investigation against that guy because the INS CO will want to recoup their losses and they will repo the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread