Got Scammed! Need Legal Advice And Any Information On This Guy!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I wish there were some sort of system for people entering the country that have warrants like this so if they flee the country then they are leaving for good, or getting arrested.

Your wish has come true. That system has been in place for over a decade.

SVT GI

Established Member
Sorry guys, been away on training for my up coming deployment. Just got off the phone with the detective and gave him this new info about him being in Mexico. Unfortunately the crime doesn't warrant extradition from Mexico. However, no matter what border he tries to come into, he'll get flagged for having an arrest warrant. He'll come back to fl eventually because he still has family here.

State attorneys office was.no help because he hasn't been arrested. I'm still looking into options about the truck with a civil judgement if the truck is still here. Haven't seen it yet.

Thanks again for the support guys and thanks for tracking this ass hat down.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Sorry guys, been away on training for my up coming deployment. Just got off the phone with the detective and gave him this new info about him being in Mexico. Unfortunately the crime doesn't warrant extradition from Mexico. However, no matter what border he tries to come into, he'll get flagged for having an arrest warrant. He'll come back to fl eventually because he still has family here.

State attorneys office was.no help because he hasn't been arrested. I'm still looking into options about the truck with a civil judgement if the truck is still here. Haven't seen it yet.

Thanks again for the support guys and thanks for tracking this ass hat down.

Is the truck in Mexico?

94venomV8

Established Member
Your wish has come true. That system has been in place for over a decade.

I knew they had some sort of system but why doesn't the system work for people leaving the country as well? And whats to stop him from I guess flying to florida for that matter? I have never crossed the border in car or plane, I've only been on cruises out of the country so I don't understand the system. I hope this guy gets caught so bad.

OP Another option is to possibly hire a bounty hunter of some sort. may work.

Demonio

Established Member
sorry but your money, all the headaches, i think everyone has been burn with money before, thats why i dont trust people anymore is hard to.
just hit up the cartel to pay him a visit..you would get more than your truck back....

SVT GI

Established Member
Is the truck in Mexico?

I don't know. I didn't see it anywhere on his FB page and haven't seen it here.

I knew they had some sort of system but why doesn't the system work for people leaving the country as well? And whats to stop him from I guess flying to florida for that matter? I have never crossed the border in car or plane, I've only been on cruises out of the country so I don't understand the system. I hope this guy gets caught so bad.

The system does work for people leaving the country. Only leaving legally though. Also he left two weeks before the warrant was in the system so they wouldn't of known.

Majck123

Established Member
Man this is making me mad. I don't understand how you can just sit back and let this happen. I understand you have all the proper means in place to catch him, but whose to say they will work. I would be pissed if this guy stole $1k from me, I couldn't imagine $15k! He's obviously not hard to find and there's plenty of people here willing to help.

I mean he is in Mexico, no one will hear him scream...

blsticms1

Established Member
i just got screwed out of 350 and a set of cobra mirrors by a guy in fl . low life **** wont even email me now . gave me a fake address .

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

if you're flying into the US from mexico you must have a passport. everyone on international flights/cruises is entered into the system and screened for warrants. the second you step off the plane you will be placed into handcuffs by CBP. unfortunately, if he drives across or walks across he has a good chance of just sliding on in. if he doesnt know he has a warrant then he'll probably hop on a plane to visit family in FL and he's :burn:
if he knows about it, then he might be smart and be a passenger in a vehicle and just flash his passport and breeze on through. unless the border officer has a reason to suspect something and sends the vehicle into secondary or theyre randomly selected.

as we saw with Dog the bounty hunter/andrew luster its illegal for a bounty hunter to go into mexico to retrieve a fugitive. plus, i cant imagine how much it would cost for such a venture. probably $15k lol.

sorry to hear about your situation OP. i cant imagine getting burned for that much. ive been burned for just over a $1k before and it sucked but this is on a whole nother level. paying every month for a vehicle you never even owned :kaboom: im shopping for a truck myself and have cash but am concerned over stuff like this. ive heard of some pretty bad scams on CL out there. these days scumbags have all sorts of scams figured out. someone could handle you a forged/phony pink slip. or a truck thats been title washed or a vehicle that was salvage in another state and retitled in your state. a few months ago my cousin got scammed on CL with his car he was selling. he did his own research and bugged the cops till they got involved and they finally did. they found some poor lady trying to register it at the dmv. she paid the scammer in cash and purchased a car that became reported stoen after she bought it. i dont think they ever caught the guy but my cousin got his car back and the lady was out about $10k :nonono:

i prefer to buy a vehicle private party but these days its a real gamble. the person (guy or gal) can seem like the nicest most legit person in the world and then bam, you've been take for $$$. :kaboom:

hopefully that guy comes back to the US and gets arrested. you probably will never see the $ again but hopefully some justice will be served one day.

i would almost suggest taking some buddies down there to find him and collect ($ or his ASS!) but that would probably end up very bad for you; aka one does not simply walk into mordor..

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Is the truck in Mexico?

probably too much of a hassle to take it all the way down to where he's from. not for a $15k truck. he probably sold it to someone else and now has $30k in cash which can go a long way down there.

OP, do you have the VIN? sorry but i didnt read the whole thread. you may be able to track it though its not really going to help you. if you had a bill of sale, you could probably snag the truck from the current owner and they'd be out the $$. that's happened before. like my cousin's case i mentioned above.

fordsvtfan, legal question. especially since its in your state. if he has a promissory note of some kind, stating basically that he's buying the truck, and an executed cashiers check with both of their names on it (hopefully with the truck's mention in the memo), could that be enough to argue in court that he basically substantiated a bill of sale per se? like an implied bill of sale or something? unless there's some specific state statute specifically stating whats required to be a legal car sale/transfer. im sure in the past 100 years of the automobile this has happened 1000 times in every state in the union so it wouldnt surprise me if there are statutes on some books somewhere..

02SVTV6

Established Member
When and if he comes back to the states. Won't make any difference. You've been had.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
These florida people are making us look bad, real bad! :bash::bash:

Exactly why I moved back up north after 3 years in Florida. Too many people in the area I was in that just don't give a **** about how to treat other people. Selfish and inconsiderate described the majority of what I dealt with.

titanium777

Established Member
every minute that passes may be less $ you get back. how does this guy sleep well at night?

Last edited:

shadowmach

Shadowmach
Established Member
id go take the dang truck man, just get word out who this guy is, word of mouth, sombody will spot his ass an get him
i dont see you geting your money tho
my dad owes my mom 80k in childsupport, didnt see a dime from wen he left when i was 7 tilll i turned 18, had him locked up and everything but since he didnt have a source of income they let him free, kind of ****ed up how the court system works, some people are just pathetic
GOODLUCK!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread