Got The car painted!

cobra9903

Born11/22/02 No.3935/8394
Established Member
I've been working a on it for months and the shell if finally got paint on it. It has not been color sanded or buffed yet so it will make a big difference. Just getting excited and wanted to share. :rockon: I dont post pics hardly ever so I try to do my best. I know there not the best pics but I'll get better ones in a few days. Update some more pics of under the hood I smoothed it out and got rid of any extra holes that were not needed. Also I removed the radio antenna from the fender for a clean smooth look.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Looks great.

Did you go with any contrasting colors on the hood, front clip, or side scoops?

Or stay with the blue?

cobra9903

Established Member
The hood is pearl white and the edges of the vents will be cobalt blue. As far as the bumpers and scoop and they will be blue also. The cobra in the bumper will be pearl white.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
very nice...can't wait till it's done...keep us updated...it will look great

cobra9903

Established Member
Thanks guys! I will be pretty happy with it when its done. I still have to lower it and put the Maximum Motorsports roll bar in. The bar is also painted cobat blue. I have some 10 1/2's for the rear so I went ahead before I painted it and rolled the rear quarter panals. Didn't know if it would need it but now it won't be an issue. I wish I just had a better picture because that dont do it justice. I'm also supprised that no one caught that the quarters look well lets just say not normal. Heres a pic to show why!

Last edited:

white04mach

Established Member
Lookin' good cuz...can't wait to help you put it together. Gettin' tired of ridin in my Mach yet? :burnout: Lets see if anyone notices something missing in that last pic....

Last edited:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
not feeling the paint but it looks like a quality job for sure. nice work on the spoiler too

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I like it. :thumbsup:

I see you removed the rear factory spoiler and "fabricated" a slight spoiler into the trunk lid. Interested to see what that will look like after it is painted and beffed out...

cobra9903

Established Member
I like it. :thumbsup:

I see you removed the rear factory spoiler and "fabricated" a slight spoiler into the trunk lid. Interested to see what that will look like after it is painted and beffed out...

I didn't really remove the spoiler I just molded in into the deck lid and made it look like its one. I also got rid of the key hole in the center. My goal is to make the car still look kinda factory but have the body smooth and clean. Most body mods most people wont even know are there.

Last edited:

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
I like the idea and direction you're going with this. Looks nice and will look forward to the finished product. Have fun.

white04mach

Established Member
homer302 ..........waiting.....................

You and me both! Everytime I go out to the shop it looks the same. He's got more pics but i guess hes keeping his secret mods to himself. To busy working on other peoples vehicles to work on his own. Com'on cuz, get to sprayin! I'm always a call away to help.

guess no one has figured out what is missing on the right quarter panel yet...

Users who are viewing this thread