Got towed home from the track today

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
Tried a 6000 rpm launch today at the track all I got was a loud "pop" sound and no launching :pepper::banana:

74747eef.jpg

21eb5b86.jpg

fec1aafa.jpg

95e108a9.jpg

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Yes PRP. I live about 10 miles north of Somerset

Beautiful country! Hopefully you'll get the cobra fixed and get a few more passes in before winter gets there. LOL. (I miss PA for 6 months out of the year.) I have family who lives in White. I grew up in Scottdale. Don't see many folks on here from that area.

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
Beautiful country! Hopefully you'll get the cobra fixed and get a few more passes in before winter gets there. LOL. (I miss PA for 6 months out of the year.) I have family who lives in White. I grew up in Scottdale. Don't see many folks on here from that area.
There are a few people from out by Pittsburgh on here... Where I live is the sticks.
Do you need another halfshaft?

I have one.

I'm going to say yes lol. New/used?

Comp04svt

Established Member
Funny thing is I spent my day today the exact same way as yours....my axle broke in the same exact spot as yours on my first pass.

Teej281

Established Member
Time for bruce's bushing kit and a new set of stockers with slicks! Next time I'd try slicks instead of hoosier drag radials. Let the sidewall take the hit rather than the halfshaft. Sucks though man. Good luck! Dont get rid of the IRS!!!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I kinda had my mind set on 2 new ones (for my own piece of mind at the track) I'll let you know if I change my mind.
Buying "new" here ain't going to help much. The "old" one didn't break because it had weakened. It broke because you probably have a fairly stock IRS setup, and were running drag radials. I'd consider buying jroc's half shaft, trading in them drag radials for some bias ply slicks, and buying another used half shaft as a spare.......Spare half shafts with these cars at the track are like an American Express card: Don't leave home without one. :beer:

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
How much of a mess did it make under the car, and around the wheels and stuff?
A few drops of grease, wiped right off
Time for a solid!
Never.
Time for bruce's bushing kit and a new set of stockers with slicks! Next time I'd try slicks instead of hoosier drag radials. Let the sidewall take the hit rather than the halfshaft. Sucks though man. Good luck! Dont get rid of the IRS!!!
That's on the tings to do list.
Buying "new" here ain't going to help much. The "old" one didn't break because it had weakened. It broke because you probably have a fairly stock IRS setup, and were running drag radials. I'd consider buying jroc's half shaft, trading in them drag radials for some bias ply slicks, and buying another used half shaft as a spare.......Spare half shafts with these cars at the track are like an American Express card: Don't leave home without one. :beer:
I have a very stock IRS set up... for now. Not racing it again till it's a lot less stock, pictures of the carnage

6d4de212.jpg

c549653c.jpg

b954f272.jpg

Next to My Probe GT's axle lol

5d72efe9.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread