Gotta Love the L!!!!!

Red_Lightning22

Established Member
Last night me and my roommate went on a late night Wal-Mart run and there's a guy down my hall thats always asking about my truck and he knows a little about them but not that much and so he was in our room when we were about to leave and he pretty much begged to go for a ride.

SOOOO I get out of the parking spot to an almost empty parking lot, and tell him to hold on and I go about half throttle around a corner in the parking lot and squeeled the tires leaving about a 10 ft mark and he says "I think I just came in my pants!" then he asked me "Dude, whats that noise? Is it supposed to do that?" :rolling: I asked him if he's ever rode in a supercharged vehicle and he said no and I just started laughing. I told him it was the SC and he was said it was awesome. I got on a side rode and went open WOT and he started :bowdown: to the L. Then I did a nice little burnout and then went to wal-mart!

Don't ya love showing off you L? :rockon:

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I gave a coworker a WOT ride and all she said was "It gets really loud." :shrug:

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
Damn! I miss my stock L. Now with full exhaust and built motor I can barely hear the whine at all. ARGH! Time to buy another L I suppose....Pysche!:bash:

RMoore92

Established Member
I took a girl for a ride and she came up with the comment, "your truck is screaming at me!! AHHAHAHAH!!" Gotta love the blower whine!!

JohninMD

Established Member
I told my wife I was buying a truck, I did not tell her I was buying a Lightning. The first thing I did when I brought it home of course was to take her out to see it and go for a ride. I drove normal until I found a long straight stretch and floored it! She grabbed the Oh Sh*t handle and turned to me and asked what that whine noise was and to make it stop haha.

Me being the proud parent of course said that whine was the SC and that was like music lol She didn't appreciate the ride thats for sure!

I told my buddy at work this story the next day and he told me "you should have told her the whining will stop when she shuts up" lol (she didn't appreciate that joke either haha)

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
i show off my truck a lot lol! People really like white lightnings around here (not many just mine) everytime i go out to meets with my buddies i get a "hey nice truck want to sell it" and then she WHINE"S.....

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
When I took my mother for a ride the first night I had the truck, she knew it was fast. She kept threatening me not to drive fast. I turned out onto a back road and nailed it all the way up to the speed limit. She started freaking out saying, "It sounds like a jet engine."

slowcoupe89

holic of many variations
Established Member
I took a girl for a ride and she came up with the comment, "your truck is screaming at me!! AHHAHAHAH!!" Gotta love the blower whine!!

That is awesome! The only people that really ask about mine are other L owners.

Red_Lightning22

Established Member
then i hate it when people are like whats so special about your f150 they all look the same. i tell them i will give you a ride then youll see why its so special. but i think its great when someone wants to race and knows nothing about it!!!

01svtL

Established Member
i show off my truck a lot lol! People really like white lightnings around here (not many just mine) everytime i go out to meets with my buddies i get a "hey nice truck want to sell it" and then she WHINE"S.....

It's funny, I had a van full of people follow me when I had my white L one day. I pulled over to let them pass (in a neighborhood), and they pulled up and asked me if I would sell it. I thought it was pretty strange. They were all acting like they had never seen one before. The only thing done to the truck was that it was lowered pretty damn good. They DO seem to take on a new look when they get lowered.

LSUstang05

Established Member
I get people that pull up next to me and ask me to rev it all the time. There is a guy around here that is doing construction on one of the roads (expanding to a 4 lane road with a dividing median) with a Silverado 1500 single cab flareside and every time he sees me on my way to school in the morning he does the hand motion for me to run it or do a burn out :lol:

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Lightning + College Station = you pass one every few blocks...seriously, there are a ton of L's in that town. When we left there were 4 just in Sonic Blue.

Yeah, I knew some people up there and they said that there were several up there, but four sonic blue L's...that's actually pretty nuts.

I like that I'm the only active L around here. I've seen one red one and one black one while out here, but never got to speak to 'em.

I get a lot of looks on campus, but they are mainly dirty looks lol. I think because it is loud.

Haha, yeah, there's a long hill on the way to my house that's just steep enough for me to never leave second, all the way up, those looks are always a bit funny.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
I had some guy as me if my L had the six in it. As in a v6. I told him it has a supercharged v8 and he was like oh.

Probably rolls with the hemi crowd.

Off topic: I had a guy tell me his hemi (he was very quick and proud to point that out) 1500 was running low 13's.....

"what was your trap?" I asked

"uh..."

"the speed you were going???"

"Oh, yeah, right...uh....like 115/120 about"

"Yeeeeah....I'm going this way..."

Users who are viewing this thread