Graphic, Police shoot dog while taking man into custody

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
If you're a dog lover the ending is pretty rough so fair warning

[youtube_browser]darGjrTuHIw[/youtube_browser]

Brandon619

Established Member
Oh man that was rough. I was trying to figure out why they were cuffing him? I'm a dog lover but I don't blame the cop for shooting the dog. I do feel that there are other avenues the cop could have took to stop that dog.

Blown02

Established Member
wow this is really sad.. i wish the owner wouldve rolled up the windows or really not have been filming.. seems like the cops couldve tazed or pepper sprayed or even shot the grass to scare it..

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
what does the thread title have to do with the fact there is already a lengthy thread about this?

Checked the first two pages and didn't see anything, figured if it was posted a correctly titled thread would keep those who had seen it from wasting their time and those who hadn't a chance to see it.

But you're probably right, there is honor in showing everyone else how much time you spend on the internet so why not waste your time by coming into a thread you know you've already seen so you can express that fact.

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Lol^^I think that cop was completely justified. I do wonder why they had him in cuffs, but it looks like part of that video is missing...probably the part where they told him to kick rocks and mind his own damn business. The owner should have rolled the windows up to where his dog could not get out or simply just get in the car with his dog and leave. Those cops where obviously in the middle of something more important and would have let him just pull away in his vehicle.

sprstr1000

WHIPPLECHARGED
Established Member
Wow
****in GOOF PIGS!!!!!!
other options where clearly present
I hope that bastard dies a slow painfull A$$ torn death

Last edited by a moderator:

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I dont understand why they were detaining the subject. What laws were broken?
Killed that mans dog for no reason, what a shame.

Shady newbie perimeter cops just wanted some action.

Last edited:

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
I'm torn on this one.

The guy was being a total douche and provoking the police. He was asking for the confrontation from the get go.

On the other hand are you really going to restrain an angry dog by grabbing it's collar? I think that officer wanted to provoke that dog from the start and teach it a lesson (probably because of the tension from the crap LEO's have to put up with on a daily basis.)

Let the dog sit there and bark if it wants to, if it attacks shoot it, otherwise don't freaking lunge at the thing. Tazing or pepper spraying the dog is a bad option IMO but a warning shot to save the dogs life might have been

Best thing would be to unhandcuff the owner from the shit charge and tell him to quite causing trouble or he's going to get his dog killed.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
From what I saw on the news there was a hostage situation or some other tense situation going on there, so the cops were already at a heightened level, then this guy starts trouble and they have to worry about a dog attacking them. I am a dog lover but can see how this happened. Either way it's sad.

Adiabatik

Banned
Black dude was clearly there to cause a stir. He was mouthing off the entire time. As far as his arrest, justified. As for the dog, its a damn Rottweiler who charged at th police, WTF do you expect them to do? Its all on the owner who clearly went out there looking for trouble.

Serbian6er

Established Member
Sad for the dog... shouldnt have been put in that situation ):
i have a rottie, this is so damn sad !!
the owner shouldve known better then that

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
Its all on the owner who clearly went out there looking for trouble.

Regardless of whether the police provoked the dog into attacking by approaching it I agree with this statement. The owner put himself and the dog in that situation by actively looking for trouble. The dog was just being a good dog and the owner put his fate in those officers hands by being a jackass.

100% his fault that the dogs dead.

BlownAway03

Established Member
Cops had no justification here. Why not just ignore the guy? You have a hostage situation but you're worried about what some guy is saying 50 feet away? Those cops were just douches on a power trip. And I love how people try to justify actions like this because police work is stressful. Whatever.....if they can't handle the job maybe they should quit. Stupid pussies!

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
I'm torn on this one.

The guy was being a total douche and provoking the police. He was asking for the confrontation from the get go.

On the other hand are you really going to restrain an angry dog by grabbing it's collar? I think that officer wanted to provoke that dog from the start and teach it a lesson (probably because of the tension from the crap LEO's have to put up with on a daily basis.)

Let the dog sit there and bark if it wants to, if it attacks shoot it, otherwise don't freaking lunge at the thing. Tazing or pepper spraying the dog is a bad option IMO but a warning shot to save the dogs life might have been

Best thing would be to unhandcuff the owner from the shit charge and tell him to quite causing trouble or he's going to get his dog killed.

Uncuff a guy under arrest? Fire a warning shot? Cops trying to teach a dog a lesson?

What the **** world do you live in?

Andrewmach1

Established Member
Justified. I'm a dog lover, I'd do the same thing. I worked with dogs before, I know their power, I know their actions. I've seen attacks, seen it on the news a hundred times as well. As for arresting the man in the first place, different story. But it was an animal, he wouldn't stay calm, was acting aggressive and dangerous.

Anyone spouting off pepper spray is retarded, yeah spray the dog and then all the cops and suspect get sprayed as well and shit breaks loose. Idk if that town has tazers or not some cities don't have them yet.

If that dog wasn't stopped and succesfully attacked it could have and would have been a shit show and wouldve been put down immediatly after anyway. It was the owners fault any of this happend. He shouldve shut his ignorant mouth and left while he was ahead. Some men just don't have what it takes

Andrewmach1

Established Member
And this is only a big deal because police are involved. All you cop haters will do anything to stir the pot.

If that ignorant dog owner had started this with a civilian couple with a small child it wouldve even be in discussion.

Young couple with 5yr old girl going for family walk, aggressive black man decides he wants to video tape. Father kindly asks not to record his 5yr old daughter, aggressor gets agitated and violent, dog responds to owners reactions and gets loud and aggressive toward young family. Father tries to protect daughter by restraining dog, but the dog gets worse. Father pulls out his Concealed carry .40 and drops the dog as it lunges for his innocent daughter.

Who's the bad guy in THAT scenario? Protect yourself and those with you. It just happens that the guy protecting himself and his friends is a police officer. So everyone loses their minds and declares he's a pussy and need to be fired

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread