Graphic, Police shoot dog while taking man into custody

BlownAway03

Established Member
And this is only a big deal because police are involved. All you cop haters will do anything to stir the pot.

If that ignorant dog owner had started this with a civilian couple with a small child it wouldve even be in discussion.

Young couple with 5yr old girl going for family walk, aggressive black man decides he wants to video tape. Father kindly asks not to record his 5yr old daughter, aggressor gets agitated and violent, dog responds to owners reactions and gets loud and aggressive toward young family. Father tries to protect daughter by restraining dog, but the dog gets worse. Father pulls out his Concealed carry .40 and drops the dog as it lunges for his innocent daughter.

Who's the bad guy in THAT scenario? Protect yourself and those with you. It just happens that the guy protecting himself and his friends is a police officer. So everyone loses their minds and declares he's a pussy and need to be fired

But that's not what happened so let's stay on topic. And the scenario you mention isn't even remotely close to what happened here.

TheHitman™

Established Member
And this is only a big deal because police are involved. All you cop haters will do anything to stir the pot.

If that ignorant dog owner had started this with a civilian couple with a small child it wouldve even be in discussion.

Young couple with 5yr old girl going for family walk, aggressive black man decides he wants to video tape. Father kindly asks not to record his 5yr old daughter, aggressor gets agitated and violent, dog responds to owners reactions and gets loud and aggressive toward young family. Father tries to protect daughter by restraining dog, but the dog gets worse. Father pulls out his Concealed carry .40 and drops the dog as it lunges for his innocent daughter.

Who's the bad guy in THAT scenario? Protect yourself and those with you. It just happens that the guy protecting himself and his friends is a police officer. So everyone loses their minds and declares he's a pussy and need to be fired

I'm sorry but what does this have to do with subject at hand? And why would a guy with a dog video tape a little girl? That whole scenario doesn't make any sense to me.

Andrewmach1

Established Member
I'm sorry but what does this have to do with subject at hand? And why would a guy with a dog video tape a little girl? That whole scenario doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm just saying its only a big deal to these people because its cops. (Being the subject at hand)

Why would a guy with a dog video tape a few cop cars and two cops down the road? There was nothing visible worth recording he was just being a dick. And got his dog killed for it

Just saying if it were civilians no one would be discussing this

Last edited:

Andrewmach1

Established Member
But that's not what happened so let's stay on topic. And the scenario you mention isn't even remotely close to what happened here.

Pretty much, cops told him to stop and leave, he didn't and got aggressive. Got himself hooked instead, dog gets upset and reacts, cops react to dog.

Either way, I was just trying to paint a picture using civilians. So maybe the dad from the scenario reacts to aggressor and gets in a scuffle, dog gets defensive and goes fo screaming child, dog gets shot. Whos at fault?

Only trying to put different perspectives on this story, look at it from the cops point of view. If you were detaining someone and his big aggressive dog comes at you what would uou do? Let it happen cuz its a big cuddly dog? Or drop it to save your life and those around you. End of story

Last edited:

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Black dude was clearly there to cause a stir. He was mouthing off the entire time. As far as his arrest, justified. As for the dog, its a damn Rottweiler who charged at th police, WTF do you expect them to do? Its all on the owner who clearly went out there looking for trouble.

what if it was a white dude? would everyones opinion still be the same?

Last edited:

t01lightning

Established Member
This is half the video. The cops had asked him multiple times to turn the music down as well as stop hampering their investigation. How comfortable would you feel trying to work in a cubicle with a huge dog not trained by you close by. I feel bad for the dog, sadly it was the retarded owner that cost him to lose his life. The officers should all be suspended for letting the dog get that close not one but 3 different times and endanger them. The minute that dog was halfway out the window a gun should have been on him and the threat should have been treated like a knife threat. Typical thug owner.

t01lightning

Established Member
Uncuff a guy under arrest? Fire a warning shot? Cops trying to teach a dog a lesson?

What the **** world do you live in?

Exactly if a cop fires a warning shot he is fired, plain and simple. The gun better not leave the holster to threat or do anything else except use lethal force. Warning shot bawha.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Checked the first two pages and didn't see anything, figured if it was posted a correctly titled thread would keep those who had seen it from wasting their time and those who hadn't a chance to see it.

But you're probably right, there is honor in showing everyone else how much time you spend on the internet so why not waste your time by coming into a thread you know you've already seen so you can express that fact.

I spend about 120 seconds a day on svtp these days...i guess if 2 minutes is a lot of time to you.

SNAKE_FL

Established Member
I got bit by the neighbor dog when I was 6 and I had to get stitches, I don't know if its only me but I ll take stitches or a scratch on my legs any day before I shoot a dog
That cop was a pussy for being scared of getting a scratch IMO ... Plus he could have tased him or shot him one time instead of 4-5 .... Maybe he would have backed off and still been here with one shot

SNAKE_FL

Established Member
Respect to the loyal dog, he was just being a dog, he put his life on the line literarily for his best friend, a true hero, that cop could not even take a scratch on his legs for nobody, we know who the true Hero is, R.I.P Max ... Cop thought being a cop is going to be all writing tickets I guess!!

cclark

Established Member
I got bit by the neighbor dog when I was 6 and I had to get stitches, I don't know if its only me but I ll take stitches or a scratch on my legs any day before I shoot a dog
That cop was a pussy for being scared of getting a scratch IMO ... Plus he could have tased him or shot him one time instead of 4-5 .... Maybe he would have backed off and still been here with one shot

A little scratch from a huge rotriller?! It'll be more than a little scratch. Yes I agree he could've used a different tool on his belt, ie taser or pepper spray but I'm not gonna Monday morning quarter back because I wasn't the one in that situation and have to make that decision.

Andrewmach1

Established Member

Being an idiot kid and getting bit isn't in the same ballpark as a 100lb rottweiler mauling you to protect its owner. Dont be so ignorant. The cop doesnt know the dog, wether its normally friendly or not has no matter in that situation.

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
Being an idiot kid and getting bit isn't in the same ballpark as a 100lb rottweiler mauling you to protect its owner. Dont be so ignorant. The cop doesnt know the dog, wether its normally friendly or not has no matter in that situation.

I don't see the dog about to maul people to protect it's owner. I see an officer approaching a dog who's gotten out of the car, barked a couple times then is going about sniffing something on the ground. The dog gives the officer warning to stop coming at him by lunging at the officer before backing up. The officer a second time sticks out his arm and approaches a dog that is coming at no one, the dog reacts to his approach the same way. I always give police the benefit of the doubt but I still think that guy had it in his mind to kill that dog and that's why he went after it. I'm beyond sympathetic to the emotions an officer has to deal with on a daily basis so can't fault the officers in the end, I think it was just a stressful situation made worse by an idiot dog owner.

Regardless it's the guy who was video taping the incident fault for putting him and his dog in that situation and leaving their fate up to others.

SNAKE_FL

Established Member

Sorry I wasn't bright enough for your standards when i was 6, the dog jumped to our fence when I was in my backyard, didn't really have time to be smart or faster, we did not sue them though and I walked it off after I got my stitches and the neighbors got me a $50 toys r us gift card for their full grown Rottweiler biting me so it was all good in my books

I agree the owner should have rolled his windows up but it's sad to see the dog pay for it because the owner was a moron ... And I agree, he the 3rd cop is the one that went for the dog, not the opposite but respect to your opinion man, I m not going to call you an idiot or an ignorant ... Too mature for that and I respect your opinion!

T.Man

Established Member
Only thing I disagree with is letting the dog lay there and suffer.

If they're going to shoot it, finish the job and put it down.

Users who are viewing this thread