Grounds for Order of Dismissal?

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Not to revive a dead thread, but the latest Car and Driver has an article regarding this subject.

Basically, it said that Congress repealed a national speed limit law in 95, and that some local municipalities are not following state laws to revise speed limits based on certain formulas. The example they used was Michigan, so I can't comment on if there is a problem in other states or not.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
thats what Appeals court is for....keep fighting the good fight!
I wouldn't bother with the appeals court. he gave it a go and lost. appealing it will only drag it out and waste his money.

OP: good on you for giving it a go. I know EXACTLY how you feel, but all in all it was a good learning experience.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I wouldn't bother with the appeals court. he gave it a go and lost. appealing it will only drag it out and waste his money.

OP: good on you for giving it a go. I know EXACTLY how you feel, but all in all it was a good learning experience.

Plus, you actually need a legal ground for the appeal. It cant be you didnt like the verdict.

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member

Eh, maybe, but in some cases, you dont even have to post an appeal bond...so he basically would be out a certified letter to the court telling them he is appealing it...then one more day in court.

From the time and effort he has already put into it, it doesnt seem like it would be a bad idea.

Plus, you actually need a legal ground for the appeal. It cant be you didnt like the verdict.

Not necessarily....it goes back to our good old discussion on weather or not it is considered a criminal offense or not. Now, granted, this is in Texas, the OP needs to research it a bit in his own state.

I appealed for just that reason, and never even made it back to court, they dismissed it the week before my appeals court date.

At this point it doesnt hurt to try, all they can say is "no"

Liv4Spd

Established Member
One of the better threads I've on SVTP in some time - sorry to hear things didn't fall in your favor OP, but I'm very impressed with your due-diligence in this case.

Better luck next time!
Cheers :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread