GT 500 ordered

carclub

Established Member
Ordered mine today Convertible, Sterling gray, red stripes, electronics package, shaker pro,black interior red accents and group 821A. Got it for 500 under MSRP. Just the waiting left to do :pepper:

Sparko

Established Member
Ordered mine 4/2..Black on black convertible, stripe delete, SVT 821 pkg, electronic pkg..paid sticker...told delivery would be August

carclub

Established Member
I called the 800 number yesterday they told me that they are slated to be finished by the end of May so hopefully before August

Slowponycar

Established Member
I ordered mine on 03/24/12 and my dealer said that they dont know yet when mine will be processed. I no order number yet or a VIN. I guess things are slower in BFE KY.

R1Lello

Established Member
For those that don't know, invoice to list (retail) is 8-11%. So at $55,000 list, they made $5500 hundred + they buy at 'dead' cost, roughly another 1.5-2%..... So.........did you get a good deal? A year from now, they'll be at invoice. Patience pays for those that wait it out.

NY Eleanor

Established Member
For those that don't know, invoice to list (retail) is 8-11%. So at $55,000 list, they made $5500 hundred + they buy at 'dead' cost, roughly another 1.5-2%..... So.........did you get a good deal? A year from now, they'll be at invoice. Patience pays for those that wait it out.

A valid point for sure, but the flip side is having the enjoyment & use sooner. It can be looked at as "depreciation" and almost all the time you have to be to be "first". Similar argument to waiting to order can be made for buying used as well...

carclub

Established Member
Does it really matter the cost if it is what you want...I think not. As long as you can afford it go get it, and if you can only afford it for a little do it anhyways lol.

Last edited:

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.

Do you really think the people here paying plus or minus 60k for a car are not in the know? You gotta pay to play and the few extra k to be one of the first is obviously worth it to them. Lots of the people here buying these cars are going to keep them a long time so recouping a lost grand or two is not the goal.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Do you really think the people here paying plus or minus 60k for a car are not in the know? You gotta pay to play and the few extra k to be one of the first is obviously worth it to them. Lots of the people here buying these cars are going to keep them a long time so recouping a lost grand or two is not the goal.

Boom! :beer:

R1Lello

Established Member

....something most of us said one time or another (especially in 2006 when many thought the 'Shelby' was going to be rare and limited and great investment).....then financial situations change and it's in the 'market' section. I worked at a dealership, loved it when someone negotiates while saying " I'll pay cash " only to find out it's a loan from their financial institution.........I'm just saying. I completely understand wanting to be first but often last or waiting is the winner.:beer:

Last edited:

carclub

Established Member
I knew I wasn't first, nor last, just love the car and willing to pay the price to get it. If something does happen, and I hope it doesn't, I'll sell the x3 first. I am paying cash no banks involved whatsoever...I'll sell everything else first maybe even a kid or two...lol So if their in the market place you'll know why. I understand your point about waiting, but to some of us even though our car is ordered the wait is still too long.

Shhhh

Established Member
Im digging the gray with red stripes:rockon:

As for a great price or is it worth to wait a year then buy a '13. You could wait a couple years and get one for even cheaper. Of course the longer you wait the cheaper you will be paying for the vehicle but that all comes down to the owner and if can afford it. I'd personally rather pay up front and get the car instead of watching people drive them for 3 years and pick one up for half the price. All comes down to what you can afford and what you're willing to pay. Theres really no right or wrong answer.

R1Lello

Established Member
Im digging the gray with red stripes:rockon:

As for a great price or is it worth to wait a year then buy a '13. You could wait a couple years and get one for even cheaper. Of course the longer you wait the cheaper you will be paying for the vehicle but that all comes down to the owner and if can afford it. I'd personally rather pay up front and get the car instead of watching people drive them for 3 years and pick one up for half the price. All comes down to what you can afford and what you're willing to pay. Theres really no right or wrong answer.

so a savings of $25-$30k for someones garage queen.......Nice to be loaded.......have a daughter my son can marry ?? :rolling::beer:

lowbudgetracer

I know it looks good
Established Member
I really think I will lurk in the weeds for now to see how this pans out. Would love to have one this summer but, I want to see if there is going to be any issues with all the new stuff. I really hope nope and I think there might be a 13 leftover in the winter so the dealer just might be willing to work with me. I could be way off who knows. BTW, I'm digging the color package you ordered. GL with the ride.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread