GT 500 Super Snake

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
I don't know why you would even mess with a GT500 when for slightly more money up front, and less in the long run you could get a lightly used c6 z06.

Simple, because you don't like the looks of the Vette and the image it projects. Sometimes there's more to it then money...

racebronco2

Established Member
I don't know why you would even mess with a GT500 when for slightly more money up front, and less in the long run you could get a lightly used c6 z06.

Because some of us bought our car because we bleed ford blue, not one of those guys who buy the newest cars because that's the trend. How the rx7 running?

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
Simple, because you don't like the looks of the Vette and the image it projects. Sometimes there's more to it then money...

It projects a better image than a Miata and many people have those for their track prowess :banana:

I'm a bowtie guy anyway, but can appriciate any "good" car, which is how I ended up with the Cobra in the first place.

LargeOrangeFont

Established Member
Because some of us bought our car because we bleed ford blue, not one of those guys who buy the newest cars because that's the trend. How the rx7 running?

It is coming along nicely. The suspension is fairly well sorted out now and I'm collecting parts for the motor swap.

I have been to 8 track events with it since November, and have seen pretty significant drops in lap times from that time.

I'll have to let you drive it and see what you think.

chuckstang

Established Member
Wow

That was not smooth at all.

Watch Bruce's videos driving the GT500 on track and see how smooth he is, both in accelerating and braking and cornering.

Your shifting was less than average as well, both on upshifts and down.

I see that your obviously a vet, I expected more just like you

But keep in mind, that was hardly a real track, that was more of an autocross circuit.

Also, the problem with that car is sean hyland built it and they have nearly as many complaints as Hennessey lol

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
I took it out three times for around 5 or so laps each time. This vid was my first run out with traction controll on. During my last run out I tried to drive it more aggresive like my Cobra, but it started to loose power after only three HOT laps. As I came of there was coolant puking from the IC bottle!

Make no mistake it is plenty fast but, I quess I expected more from a car with that kind of prise tag...

Here is a link to Sean's page for more info on his car
Shelby Automobiles Mustang Mod Shop - GT500, Super Snake, Terlingua, CS6, CS8

Pic of the Shelby with the wifee's 09 CobaltSS (left the Cobra in the garage - no brakes:()
IMG_2189.jpg

Sorry, you just lost alot o credibility as far as your review of the SS on track

What kind of a driver would keep the TC on while on track

:bored:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Wow

That was not smooth at all.

Watch Bruce's videos driving the GT500 on track and see how smooth he is, both in accelerating and braking and cornering.

Your shifting was less than average as well, both on upshifts and down.

I see that your obviously a vet, I expected more just like you

But keep in mind, that was hardly a real track, that was more of an autocross circuit.

Also, the problem with that car is sean hyland built it and they have nearly as many complaints as Hennessey lol

Chuck:

Two things:

#1: The vid is not smooth because the video camera is being hand held by the passenger which is a no-no in a VAST majority of track events you will go to. :nono:

#2: The adjustment going from an SN-95 vehicle to an S-197 is a lot more complex than a lot of people realize. The SN-95 'feels' fast because of all the 'shake, rattle and rolling' going on. Additionally, the S-197 doesn't 'feel' fast but it is in fact faster.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

LargeOrangeFont

Established Member
It is unfortunate you deleted my comment to chumpstang. If he can't say something nice, he should keep bloging about GT500 prices and options in that forum.

Rude, disrepectful comments like his erode the comoradery of this part of the forum, and the forum as a whole.

I'd like to watch him take a hot lap in his garage queen and see how well he does. :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread