Gt-500 surging after pulley/tune????

WHITEMACH

Established Member
HI GUYS,
i got a gt500 and put a 2.6 pulley,idler,and a sct tune and a k/n cold air.now when i go out and hammer on it it seems to surge????? what gives ,,,belt slip???? or bad tune??? please help!!!!:shrug:

DrGT500

Chronic Bad Attitude
Established Member
That's definitely not "normal" for a Stage II upgrade. I've got the FRPP CAI, VMP Tuning 2.65" pulley and 90mm idler and SCT X3 with tune by Justin at VMP and the driveability is impossible to discern from stock. Well, at least until you nail it, but that's a different thread.

Anyway, there have been NO surging, idling or other issues. Speak to the tuner you bought the package from would be my advice.

Good Luck,
DocGT :beer:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
HI GUYS,
i got a gt500 and put a 2.6 pulley,idler,and a sct tune and a k/n cold air.now when i go out and hammer on it it seems to surge????? what gives ,,,belt slip???? or bad tune??? please help!!!!:shrug:

No air leaks? Unmetered air sneaking around the mass air sensor could be a problem.

Was that tune specifically for the K&N? Most guys on here are using JLT, C&L or FRPP cais.

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
How about the TCS being active? Do you have factory tires or DR's?
Are your tires spinning at all?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Who did the tune the first time?

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
i havent heard of anyone having belt slip on a GT500....idler or not. ^^anyone else have any slip?

WHITEMACH

Established Member
no i did not close the plug gap,,,ill try this ,,,i gotta call tomorrow and find out about the tune! i am running stock tires ,,,,and they suck!!who is john lund???? what is the proper plug gap????

davidhuff

Established Member
no i did not close the plug gap,,,ill try this ,,,i gotta call tomorrow and find out about the tune! i am running stock tires ,,,,and they suck!!who is john lund???? what is the proper plug gap????
Jon lund(1-610-500-9545) is one of the best tuners in the country.Just my .02 cents,give him a call and you will not be sorry.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
change the gap, and get a tune for the K an N with you 2.6 setup, its prolly in the tune, if it wasn't happing before the new parts and tune

WHITEMACH

Established Member
well:beer: it was the plugs changed and gaped .32 problem fixed:burnout: thanks guys for the help:dancenana: it runs awesome now!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread