GT-R Blows Out Tire At 200MPH

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Wow if it had blown out before the semi he prob wouldn't be alive, crazy how fast it sucked over to the right lane(s)

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
These are the things people never take the time to think about when they are out goofing off. He is lucky. I doubt he had to do much to keep it under control through, it's a GT-R.

Last edited:

klr16G

Established Member
This is why you make sure all your equipment on the car is ready for that kinda pull, not saying the car was not ready just wonder if he hit something or was he driving on bald tires to begin with.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I had the same tire blow in my work truck doing 60 with 5 tons of gravel in the back. It pulled to the right so hard I had all my weight on the left side of the steering wheel trying to pull it away from going off the freeway. Then you have no brakes so you have to ride it out. You can't see him but I would imagine this guy was fighting the wheel pretty hard to keep from hitting those semis. Scary stuff.

TorchMach

Established Member
bet that's 10 grand to fix and he voided his warranty

Oh for suuuure. A blow out at that speed has to break a few things and damage others, maybe some body damage?

These are the things people never take the time to think about when they are out goofing off. He is lucky. I doubt he had to do much to keep it under control through, it's a GT-R.

I see what you did there...lol

TERMN8U

Established Member
Imagine being one of the other motorist on the hwy that we passed on three wheels still doing 180 kmph, sparks flying.
Lol. That's a wtf moment.

oldmodman

Established Member
I sure hope that he or someone post pics of the car after he got it stopped. If he is incredibly lucky just a tire and wheel might be the only parts damaged.

smitty2919

Established Member
While a nice save, he is still a jackass for doing this on the street. Would not have felt bad if it blew out and he sideswiped the cement wall...

Just glad no one else on the road got hurt due to this tard.

scott_0

Established Member
crazy there was a tanker truck there shortly after it blew, lucky lucky guy

Kiohtee

Established Member
While a nice save, he is still a jackass for doing this on the street. Would not have felt bad if it blew out and he sideswiped the cement wall...

Just glad no one else on the road got hurt due to this tard.

Riding that almighty high horse I see. To wish certain harm on someone who didn't even harm anyone to begin with is ridiculous! :nonono:

While it's not the smartest thing to do 200mph on a public road, he really couldn't have been any safer as far as taking the public out of it when it comes to a public road. After passing the first truck there was nothing until well after he blew his tire. And we can't speculate how much longer he would've continued his pull if not for his inconvenience. Anyway...

Dude handled himself well. Hate to see such a nice car destroyed.

Users who are viewing this thread