GT350 as a DD

greyhd

Established Member
As the title says, does anyone use their GT350 as a DD? I am thinking of getting one but it would be my DD. This would not be my first Ford or Mustang and I know I won't be saving on gas. My commute here in So Cal is some hills and of course traffic. Thank you everyone in advance for your opinions.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Notfast2012

Established Member
I bought mine for my birthday in July. And I drive mine everyday to work. I have taken a 2000 mile trip and have 5200 miles on it. I do have some nicks in the front bumper. And watch for dead animals and curbs with inclines. I have enjoyed every minute of my daily commute.

CO Mack

Established Member
My GT350 Tech has been my "daily" and no kids road trip car and I love it. On top of how awesome it is dynamically, it's easy to drive and it's the most comfortable car I've ever owned.

But I work from home. I'm not out in heavy traffic.

So while the car would handle it fine, I wouldn't want to beat one up and have fender benders in it on the SoCal morning highway grind. I'd get a beater automatic Focus or Civic or something for that.

RonBurgandy

Established Member
I daily drive mine 80 miles a day in NJ. Traded in my 03 Cobra with 140 K miles that I daily drove as well. Only time I don't drive it is in the snow ( though I tried it once)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

greyhd

Established Member
Thanks everyone for your input. I'm not worried about the traffic, more worried about abusing the clutch.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
While I don't daily drive mine, I've put 10k on it it in 8 mos. should be good!

krt22

Established Member
I dont DD mine, 3000 miles in 8 months, I drive it weekends and 2-3 times a month to work on Fridays. I live in the bay area with similar traffic, 70 miles round trip, no desire to drive it daily. Plus I would spend more on gas than I do on my cheap EV lease payment that gives me carpool access

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
only have had mine for a week and think the front spliter is too low
for me as a daily driver. Scraped leaving the dealer of the lot lol Now that I have it and learned about this, I'm glad have another car for daily driving.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
No, but I've been driving it everyday. I live near Chicago, once snow hits it's staying in the garage.

Just make sure you account for gas, and get a clear wrap like 3m for the front and sides near the rockers. Also, regular maintenence like tires and brakes can eat a hole in your wallet.

Not really a good dd for those reasons, but very comfortable and well mannered overall. Plenty of space too, I have 3 golf bags in my trunk right now.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
Daily driver here down in SW Florida. Traded my go fast 07 GT500 with 750 hp and NT05R's .... not fun in the rain.
Finally it's nice to have a car that I can drive in the rain and go to Orlando in if need be. Engineering is night and day
from a 07 GT500 to my new 17 GT350

greyhd

Established Member
Thank you everyone. I'm not worried about the gas or tire expense, I am not buying the car for gas savings. It's been a while since I driven a car with a manual and just thinking of being stuck on these canyon roads would just have me shifting like crazy.

Rael

Established Member
Traffic in the canyons isn't much of a problem, partly because Mustang clutches have gotten so soft, especially since 2010. It's worse if you'd be on the freeway every day in stop-and-go traffic. (Even then, it's much more fun having a manual.) So, unless you'd be in stop-and-go traffic every day, go for the fun!

greyhd

Established Member
Usually in stop and go traffic when going home, usually moving slowly.
Traffic in the canyons isn't much of a problem, partly because Mustang clutches have gotten so soft, especially since 2010. It's worse if you'd be on the freeway every day in stop-and-go traffic. (Even then, it's much more fun having a manual.) So, unless you'd be in stop-and-go traffic every day, go for the fun!

Last edited:

Rael

Established Member
Yep. I used to commute every day from the Valley to the other side of the hill through the canyons. I always loved having a manual; I like shifting. I might have felt different had I been on the freeway every day in stop-and-go.

In the canyons, as you point out, you're usually moving slowly. That's a lot easier than actual stop-and-go.

Colleton

Established Member
I'm planning on using mine as a DD, at least for the 1st 6 months or so. Will probably end up with a used Focus as a DD after that, driving the 350 a few days a week + weekends.

Users who are viewing this thread