TK-421
Established Member
There is a 1,000HP GT350 out there.

Wow!!

45540624.jpg

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
stock block terminators with TTs and good fuel can make 1,000rwhp on a dyno as well.

Unfortunately making a couple dyno runs has nothing to do with what power level the motor will live at long term.

You're crazy if you think a 8,000rpm, 12:1 compression NA motor will live for long under 20#s of boost.

Im not sure whats the point of buying a GT350r and turning it into a straight line monster. That defeats the whole purpose of the car. Its not like you're gonna hot lap at laguna seca with 1,000rwhp.
Last I read it only took the Voodoo motor 16lbs to reach 1000rwhp.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
stock block terminators with TTs and good fuel can make 1,000rwhp on a dyno as well.

Unfortunately making a couple dyno runs has nothing to do with what power level the motor will live at long term.

You're crazy if you think a 8,000rpm, 12:1 compression NA motor will live for long under 20#s of boost.

Im not sure whats the point of buying a GT350r and turning it into a straight line monster. That defeats the whole purpose of the car. Its not like you're gonna hot lap at laguna seca with 1,000rwhp.

17#s to make 1030whp.

Well, he did mention it lived at 900hp for a few months and was beat on constantly, not to mention it's a centri car so it's probably actually harder on the crank than a set of turbos.

I don't think we know what the actual limit on these engines are, we can speculate all day till we are blue in the face but until someone pushes the limit, it's just that.

Also, I agree with you, if I had this car I would keep it NA. But it's not my money and the OP wants power.

Zemedici

Established Member
17#s to make 1030whp.

Well, he did mention it lived at 900hp for a few months and was beat on constantly, not to mention it's a centri car so it's probably actually harder on the crank than a set of turbos.

I don't think we know what the actual limit on these engines are, we can speculate all day till we are blue in the face but until someone pushes the limit, it's just that.

Also, I agree with you, if I had this car I would keep it NA. But it's not my money and the OP wants power.

for the record, now he and the shop are the ones that have pushed the car the farthest on stock motor. So if something happens....

Some dont want to be known as 'the first guys to blow up a Voodoo'

ya know?

CO Mack

Established Member
Last I read it only took the Voodoo motor 16lbs to reach 1000rwhp.

Remember, boost is actually a measure of restriction.

17#s to make 1030whp.

Yes, exactly...but holy crap that car sounded amazing.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
for the record, now he and the shop are the ones that have pushed the car the farthest on stock motor. So if something happens....

Some dont want to be known as 'the first guys to blow up a Voodoo'

ya know?
Lol I can understand that. I wouldn't want to be the one to find the limit, personally.

But that's not really the point I was trying to make, those engines may only prove reliable at 850whp, or 1000whp, or 1200whp, we just don't know yet.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Lol I can understand that. I wouldn't want to be the one to find the limit, personally.

But that's not really the point I was trying to make, those engines may only prove reliable at 850whp, or 1000whp, or 1200whp, we just don't know yet.

reliable is the key word and the real kicker is several motors have popped with stock tunes on bad shifts. So they definately arent made from adamantium.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I'd probably leave the GT350 n/a, drive the daylights out of it. FI would be fun but I would keep that car simple.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
reliable is the key word and the real kicker is several motors have popped with stock tunes on bad shifts. So they definately arent made from adamantium.

Do you know the nature of the failures on these blown shifts? I am guessing oil pump gears coming apart? Though I also wonder if there is bearing damage, given how much oil some of these motors consume, its entirely possible spinning it to 8K+ while low a few quarts would certainly hurt some bearings.

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
lot of good input in here fellas, i do have a built block in mind already but wanna push the envelope with a stock motor initially

mystickb1996

Established Member
Put that 2.9 whipple on and run e85.. I put a 2.9 whipple on my boss LS and it pulls strong. The new 2.9 keeps making power past 8k. On a voodoo I'd be interested to see what it would do.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Would you consider doing a dual clutch transmission? I have yet to see an auto or dual clutch GT350. It sounds blasphemous, but if you're going all out why not mate the motor and turbos with a transmission that will put all of it to good use?

Its like the folks with Viper ACRs that are putting twin turbo kits running 1300+rwhp. Completely nuts but still missing a fast shifting auto.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
I don't seem to read people doing gears on these cars - with all I read about the lack of bottom-end, long gearing, and high rev'ing, you'd think a bump in gears would make it a better daily. ??

Im with you on gears. Id like to see one of these with 4.10s or 4.56s.

badmpg03

Established Member
Watch this:

If I had a GT350 I would go TT NO QUESTION with 8K RPM redline with 6 speed!! Go f* stuff up at 1/2 mile events.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm sure, or "assume" this car is running on E85 or maybe even race fuel. Does anyone know?
I wonder what this setup would do with 93 octane. (Only 93 octane available in MA unfortunately. :mad:) Obviously it wouldn't be as high as 1,000HP, but I bet it's still up there and would scare you if you stabbed the GO pedal.

Users who are viewing this thread