GT350 manifold on a 11-14 engine

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
No, my thread is about this manifold on a 11-14 engine. You claimed it has already been done according to post #15. I want to see it on an 11-14 and see if there are gains/losses through the entire curve.

No. I claimed it had been done on an s550 which for all intents and purposes is the same motor.

In fact there it's been documented that some 2014 cars have 2015 heads.

The Dyno and info i posted absolutely pertains here.

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
No. I claimed it had been done on an s550 which for all intents and purposes is the same motor.

In fact there it's been documented that some 2014 cars have 2015 heads.

The Dyno and info i posted absolutely pertains here.

Yes we all know its been done on an s550. Nothing to learn there.

Yeah I agree on the 2014 cars having 2015 heads, but they dont have the 2015 ecu etc.

Just be nice to see it actually see it done on a 11-14 without speculation.

Shaun@AED

In your opinion, is the GT350 manifold worth looking into for the older coyote?

I'd like to see testing done. Currently the price for this setup would be only slightly cheaper than the SCJ (Airaid CAI + GT350 TB + Manifold). The airaid is the only CAI that is large enough for the GT350 TB on the 11-14 cars. If the gains can be documented properly, or better yet compared on the same car to the SCJ setup I think we could make some accurate statements on this modification.

If someone wants to bring their car to me for back to back dyno testing vs the SCJ setup.....

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
That would be a good comparison. Kudos to you for offering, wish I was in CA lol.

Hopefully soon enough we all can get more info on this setup.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
Wellllll....I would like to drive to California before deploying again lol. Shaun I would let you Guinea pig my car if you come across a manifold.

Last edited:

SVTStampede

Established Member
Already been done... 0 gain until 7000 rpm where at 7500 it's up 30+ over the s550 manifold.

http://www.mustang6g.com/?p=8161#prettyPhoto/0/

Actually unless my eyes are failing me, it's already up about 10 HP in the low 6k RPMs(and up in torque) and climbs steady to 7k and beyond, and without any losses down low.

Pretty impressive considering the Boss and CJs when compared to stock intakes. I wonder how well the 2015 GTs' intakes compare to the 11-14s.

Shaun, which Airaid CAI kit are you referring to?

He is probably talking about the regular 11-14 airaid kits. They are a true 4 inch at the throttle body unlike all the others that taper down.

Last edited:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
He is probably talking about the regular 11-14 airaid kits. They are a true 4 inch at the throttle body unlike all the others that taper down.

Thanks, I already have the Airaid Carbon kit so hopefully it's just a matter of using a new 4" coupler hose.

Just ordered the "kit" from MRR with the 87mm tb although they also have an adapter for the stock tb. Plan is to paint the top half so it looks like the stock manifold and somehow use the stock engine cover as well. Looks like it could fit with a little work. Although it likely will sit up a little higher due to the increased height of the intake manifold, so might not look very good.

I currently use a FR tune so need to decide on a new tuner/tune as well. Maybe FR will hook me up:p

SVTStampede

Established Member
Thanks, I already have the Airaid Carbon kit so hopefully it's just a matter of using a new 4" coupler hose.

Just ordered the "kit" from MRR with the 87mm tb although they also have an adapter for the stock tb. Plan is to paint the top half so it looks like the stock manifold and somehow use the stock engine cover as well. Looks like it could fit with a little work. Although it likely will sit up a little higher due to the increased height of the intake manifold, so might not look very good.

I currently use a FR tune so need to decide on a new tuner/tune as well. Maybe FR will hook me up:p

Yeah you can buy 4 inchers cheap from a lot of places. Are you planning on dynoing before and after?

Good luck!

AKDMB

Established Member

Awesome, let us know how it ends up working out! By FR I assume you mean Ford Racing? Ford won't write a tune for this, or any custom combination for that matter. They just offer a tune for stock cars. I'm sure Shaun @ AED or Lund would be happy to tune your combination.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah you can buy 4 inchers cheap from a lot of places. Are you planning on dynoing before and after?

Good luck!

Thanks for the info! I did dyno the car last year at the Carlisle Ford show. I will dyno after the intake but won't same shop/equipment so may be some disparity. This is the "baseline" run with a CF Airaid/GT500 AB/FR tune.

GTCSDyno_zpscwgb9b1t.jpg

MMS just called and said they ran out of stock so will likely be a couple of weeks before I even see it and start playing around. I also have a set of Kooks long tube headers so will dyno yet again after I get those installed and hopefully they play nice with the intake.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome, let us know how it ends up working out! By FR I assume you mean Ford Racing? Ford won't write a tune for this, or any custom combination for that matter. They just offer a tune for stock cars. I'm sure Shaun @ AED or Lund would be happy to tune your combination.

Yes, the Ford Racing tune and no I wasn't serious about them tuning for it:) But honestly for what it was (and the warranty) I was pretty happy with it.

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member

This is great news. Hopefully it works flawlessly for you.

AKDMB

Established Member
I bet there are a bunch of people ordering these things. I wonder if the intake manifolds available now are replacement parts from Ford or actual intakes set aside for Ford Racing to resell. Hopefully they will be produced in greater numbers as it becomes an option for more people.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I bet there are a bunch of people ordering these things. I wonder if the intake manifolds available now are replacement parts from Ford or actual intakes set aside for Ford Racing to resell. Hopefully they will be produced in greater numbers as it becomes an option for more people.

They are really the same thing, although ours officially comes from Ford Racing, we retail them for $999, they can be purchased here and we have a few TB options and adapters.

MMR

http://www.modularmotorsportsracing...page=product_info&cPath=28_29&products_id=836

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Curious also about this swap. I remember the IRMC's back on the 96 and up Cobra's at the time. They would at times open too soon or too late.

q6543

Established Member
On mg6 another company just did a swap on a 15, picked up like 60 hp, but no follow up track testing

Users who are viewing this thread