GT350 on Car and Driver cover

n8dogg31

Established Member
g5xc.png

Has anyone else seen this car and driver cover?

nickf2005

Established Member
I can't bring myself to believe that the GT350 will be the Top-Dog, Halo Mustang. You're telling me that Ford (more specifically SVT) is going to drop the power output by 112HP on their pride and joy?

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
550hp.................like my 2011.............just another thing I don't like about the " new " Mustang.
...........................Somebody will buy them..

rancid

Established Member
Might be a car you have to see in person to appreciate but I will say I am glad I have my 13' right now. :)

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
550hp.................like my 2011.............just another thing I don't like about the " new " Mustang.

Same HP but much better chassis/suspension/brakes and less weight.

OaktownACE

Established Member
I am really glad I bought my 2014 if that's what it looks like. I like the classic look, the over the top HP and the roughness of it.

That is not a very good looking angle. I'll reserve judgement until I see other angles because my 2014 looks like a pig from certain angles too.

Interesting that they have a pony in the grill which makes me think that the cobra might be reserved for a car one rung up.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
May be in the minority hear. But I like it. Make the handling evolve from the current Boss 302, give it a motor that spins to the heavens, and steering and brakes that make it a track contender and I'm a buyer. I'll also be keeping my 03 Cobra Vert

MadMoose

Established Member
May be in the minority hear. But I like it. Make the handling evolve from the current Boss 302, give it a motor that spins to the heavens, and steering and brakes that make it a track contender and I'm a buyer. I'll also be keeping my 03 Cobra Vert

Same here. I'd love to see a super high revving naturally aspirated V8 even if it drops to 500hp down from the current 662. It's not all about HP. That along with lighter weight/hugely improved chassis/better interior should make for a killer car

04svtsnke

Established Member
I can't bring myself to believe that the GT350 will be the Top-Dog, Halo Mustang. You're telling me that Ford (more specifically SVT) is going to drop the power output by 112HP on their pride and joy?

This is fords boss 302 replacement. There will be another car above this one in the coming years. Btw the motor is N/A from car and driver says. The halo car will outdo the previous generation halo car, it's only right.

Edit: I think the price range was also mentioned, around 50k. I said this on the other thread a week ago.....

Last edited:

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
There will be a pecking order. GT350 then a GT500. I'm betting on a Twin Turbo V8- for the GT500 and HP in the 675 range. 600 is the new 400.

Looks like a great time to be a gear head.

As much time as I've been spending in Chumpcar and Lemons I think I'd opt for handling and balance over total HP numbers.

xenodragon

Established Member
There will be a pecking order. GT350 then a GT500. I'm betting on a Twin Turbo V8- for the GT500 and HP in the 675 range. 600 is the new 400.

Looks like a great time to be a gear head.

As much time as I've been spending in Chumpcar and Lemons I think I'd opt for handling and balance over total HP numbers.

Makes sense if they make a gt500...but if they dont, which the rumors make it sound like they are only making a gt350....but i guess time will tell

Users who are viewing this thread