GT350/R Price Drop? Time to Buy?

PonyGlued

350R wannabe
Established Member
Starting to see ADM's dropping. Is this the time to buy or should I wait? Trying to wait for a good deal on a 350R but, the kid in me wants to pounce. I'm assuming when the GT500 comes out prices will spike down even more?

Thoughts?

What’s going on is people can’t handel the outrageous pricing by most dealerships. And so are buying used low mileage cars from private sales. Unfortuently for those private owners, dealerships low ball them, and so they are forsed to take the car to auction. My friend just this pass week sold his 2017 blue 350R with 900 miles on it at e-bay auction for 68,500 he was expecting 75,000 in the no reserve auction. But when you look at it he faired better than selling to a dealer.

You guys need to be cautious on the amount you are willing to pay because you will never recover it. Your thinking 10 years out, but life is very short and full of uncertainty along the way. I saw a 2018R on e-bay for 120,000, if bought by some fool he will never recover, if he decides to sell for let’s say unexpected medical bills and believe me this year 2017 I accumulated 2 million dollars in medical bills and so one never knows what’s in the cards...but I do have insanely good insurance. Lol

Last edited:

s1ten

Established Member
Very nice!
I wanted to order my '14 as blue stripes over black but wasn't an option.
Seems to be very rare and I've never seen an R in that combo.
More pics in the sun please.
Congrats.
-J
B766A1F5-6034-4BE1-8847-58C71AD63919.jpeg

5DD1FF44-3050-460F-BCFD-95A299478085.jpeg

DF3B2AE0-FAC7-467A-9F38-CB9A6D574675.jpeg

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
That looks REALLY good man!
I'll assume there's a really low production number with the blue over black.
-J

s1ten

Established Member
That looks REALLY good man!
I'll assume there's a really low production number with the blue over black.
-J
Thanks. I'm sure they are out there but, Ive only seen one other on Youtube. I wasn't sure driving up to see it how I would like it...when I saw the combo in person I loved it! Im not a very good photographer....pictures don't do the combo justice.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Here's a question, how come the inside of the rear wheels on the R are black and the inside of the front wheels are silver ?

I've noticed this on every R I've seen

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
R&T said:
...since the GT350R is built to be a track day beast, it brings particular challenges to the table, namely heat. Ford says the GT350R's front brake rotors can reach temperatures over 1652 degrees F (900 C), presenting a thermal challenge to the integrity of the wheels. The solution? An aerospace-derived ceramic spray coating that's nearly as hard as diamond and was first developed for engine turbine blades for the original Space Shuttle. Applied to the inside of the front wheel barrels and the backs of the spokes, the coating, which is also used in open-wheel racing, reduces maximum wheel temperatures to prolong service life in the crucible of the racetrack.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...rbon-fiber-gt350r-wheels-use-nasa-technology/

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
The ceramic coating is prone to chipping from pebbles getting stuck between the caliper and wheel. I took my fronts off to clean them and noticed the ceramic is chipped in one spot. And speaking of cleaning, it's a real pain in the butt trying to keep that ceramic pristine white. If I didn't have a pressure washer, I wouldn't even bother. I don't trust harsh chemical on the wheel finish.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The ceramic coating is prone to chipping from pebbles getting stuck between the caliper and wheel. I took my fronts off to clean them and noticed the ceramic is chipped in one spot. And speaking of cleaning, it's a real pain in the butt trying to keep that ceramic pristine white. If I didn't have a pressure washer, I wouldn't even bother. I don't trust harsh chemical on the wheel finish.
I'd probably paint it black
-J

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
That's actually not a terrible idea. Some heat resistant white would probably make it a lot easier to clean.

s1ten

Established Member
Google EZ Detail Brush, it works very well. I'm still working on finding a cleaner if feel comfortable with. I'll be sure to share when I do.

Users who are viewing this thread