GT500 and the Z06

PilledV8s

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
At .500" lift you're looking at 360-370cfm intake and 280-290cfm exhaust with killer velocity. While the intake #s are somewhat comparable to an LS7 head, you have to remember you're only filling 330CI vs. 427CI. Pretty sporty;-)

That's what I'm talking about, Got Damnit Boy!!!:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

What does 03/04/Mach 1 heads flow stock? and ported??

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
Nonetheless where the hell is the Challenger?
It's coming for 2008 :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper:

Hopefully they'll put the 6.4 in it, but no confirmation yet. Rumor has it the first year will be SRT versions only, then with lesser models to follow, but again, still just speculation right now.

BigJim

Mostly Read
Established Member
bad360rt said:
It's coming for 2008 :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper:

Hopefully they'll put the 6.4 in it, but no confirmation yet. Rumor has it the first year will be SRT versions only, then with lesser models to follow, but again, still just speculation right now.

How much power would the 6.4 put out?:pepper:

Fourcam330

Established Member
BigJim said:

The crate 6.4 makes 505hp in present form, though there are rumors of 550hp by the time it makes production.

Fourcam330

Established Member
PilledV8s said:
That's what I'm talking about, Got Damnit Boy!!!:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

What does 03/04/Mach 1 heads flow stock? and ported??

Stock 03/04 heads are ~255/190cfm@ .500" after porting anywhere from 310-330/230-250cfm at the same lift.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
BigJim said:
Like fourcam said, I've seen 505 and 510 listed for the 6.4, there's also a rumored 6.6 in the works, but again just rumors right now. At a minimum it will get the 425hp 6.1, and mods for that engine are starting to pick up. DC needs to release the code tho, so people can actually tune them without piggybacks and standalones.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
At .500" lift you're looking at 360-370cfm intake and 280-290cfm exhaust with killer velocity. While the intake #s are somewhat comparable to an LS7 head, you have to remember you're only filling 330CI vs. 427CI. Pretty sporty;-)

360-370 cfm. That is about 135 cfm over the Terminator head and 90 cfm over the Cobra R on both the intake and exhaust side . That is very significant increase. I imagine the valve size is the same since there is no room for larger ones. I've seen the cross section of a Cobra R and it's almost a straight shot into the cylinders.

What did Ford do to get such a drastic increase over the Terminator and Cobra R heads?

Fourcam330

Established Member
SlowSVT said:
360-370 cfm. That is about 135 cfm over the Terminator head and 90 cfm over the Cobra R on both the intake and exhaust side . That is very significant increase. I imagine the valve size is the same since there is no room for larger ones. I've seen the cross section of a Cobra R and it's almost a straight shot into the cylinders.

What did Ford do to get such a drastic increase over the Terminator and Cobra R heads?

Those are ported #s, R heads would flow the same #s after work. Valve sizes are 37/32mm for both GT/R/GT500 and 37/30 for any other 4v head. A stock R/GT/GT500 head will flow 300-310/250-260cfm @ .500" at 28". Hopefully you're not comparing them to the Hyland 26" #s.
The differences pertaining to performance for a GT/GT500 head vs. R are a .020 raised intake port, cleaner casting in the throat/port regions, and improved coolant flow inside the head.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Now I understand. That is a lot of air. I think those numbers are similar to a ported 426 Hemi head.

I probably missed it but what are the stock flow #'s for the GT500?

Fourcam330

Established Member
SlowSVT said:
Now I understand.

I probably missed it but what are the stock flow #'s for the GT500?

Yes it's a lot of air, especially for a moderately sized motor such as a 5.4. Even more impressive is the fact that we're dealing with a 3.55-3.57" bore vs. the 4"+ stuff found in other domestic V8s. Give a GT head appropriately sized valves/seats for a 4" bore and watch the **** out:thumbsup:
426 Hemi heads had monstrous ports, most racers had to do a good bit of filling with them actually, I have to believe they're well over 400cfm at peak lift.

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
ummm...evolution ran 10.40 @ 133 w/ 596rwhp...and you are a douchebag for starting this thread btw.

David, LMAO!!! :)

We gotta have another cruise bro!! I can't wait to see your new beast on the road.. Following your Sonic Blue Terminator through the canyons was fun.. :pepper:

-Aaron

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Bl4ckedoutc0bra said:
David, LMAO!!! :)

We gotta have another cruise bro!! I can't wait to see your new beast on the road.. Following your Sonic Blue Terminator through the canyons was fun.. :pepper:

-Aaron

he is in chi town now! meet in the middle run the rockies next summer.:idea:

chuckstang

Established Member
bad360rt said:
Like fourcam said, I've seen 505 and 510 listed for the 6.4, there's also a rumored 6.6 in the works, but again just rumors right now. At a minimum it will get the 425hp 6.1, and mods for that engine are starting to pick up. DC needs to release the code tho, so people can actually tune them without piggybacks and standalones.

standalones??? last time I heard that word I think was on fast n furious haha
could you define for me? :)

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
chuckstang said:
standalones??? last time I heard that word I think was on fast n furious haha
could you define for me? :)

Unfortunately it's a very common word in the Dodge community, because we don't have the tuning options that you guys have. DC has never (and probably will never) release their code to the aftermarket, so companies like SCT can't develop tuners for us. So our only real option for tuning is a standalone system, such as FAST or Accel DFI, which cost $2-3K. Sucks for us.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
C5_z51_6spd said:
Wow, 636rwhp 696rwtq well Driven GT500 = 11.06 @ 128.9 is EQUIVALENT/CONGRUENT to a well driven "BONE STOCK" 450rwhp 412rwtq C6Z06 = 11.06 @ 127.8 :lol:

Not quite an official Z06 eater yet!!! Nice car though

I think you are phantasm on this site also because you post some of the lamest bll shit on this board. A quote by phatasm:

phantasm quotes said:
I beat up on the Terminators daddy the Ford G so I shouldn't have no problem handling a Terminator with a KB.

I can pick up 5 mph with a CAI mod.

You need a lesson in physics beside that street racing IQ you have.

Users who are viewing this thread