GT500 at Milwaukee Auto Show

monsterpost

Established Member
Here is a short vid of the GT500 at the Milwaukee Auto Show. There were a lot of people around so it was hard to get good shots of the car.

th_MilwaukeeAutoShow003-1.gif

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Normally, an EO for a performance part will come with a sticker to be placed on the face of the strut tower for easy identification. I see that this car already has something there. I'd guess it has says something about the nature of it being a prototype, etc. Did you get a chance to read it?

2013GT500shocktower.jpg

monsterpost

Established Member
^^^^^No I didn't. I could go back and check it out. The Ford girl I talked to said it was a real 2013 GT500 not something mocked up for the show. The car was locked but as you can see the hood was up.

monsterpost

Established Member
OK I had time to kill today so I went back to the auto show. I spoke to one of the Ford reps and he told me the GT500 was a preproduction 2013. I did look at the sticker on the strut tower and it did have a vin number. With that being said I was able to take some better vid's of the car and other stuff.

th_003.gif

th_004.gif

th_002.gif

th_005.gif

th_007.gif

th_006.gif

The Competition

th_011.gif

th_012.gif

th_013.gif

Her name is Lisa
th_014.gif

Last edited:

bpmurr

Established Member
Thanks for all the vids, that's one of my color combo choices. A little concerned about the whites stripes in the rear because of being broken up so much. Lisa looks very nice as well! :)

Last edited:

Harleyvrod54

Established Member
I was at the Milwaukee auto show yesterday night, it is a beautiful car! They wouldnt open the hood so you must have been lucky

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member

Well one thing we know about the war between the '12 ZL1 and '13 GT500 is that the engine bay looks 10X better in the GT500...that's good for something isn't it? ;-)

The more of the ZL1 I'm seeing the less I'm liking it for some reason. It just seems kind of plain, maybe that is my bias coming out. Conversely, the more of the '13 GT500 I'm seeing the more I'm liking it. I really like the changes Ford made to the rear, especially the brake light area. Ford made some great changes with the '13. That blue just looks great, I would love to see it with some different colored stripes, like a grey or black.

Last edited:

91svtbird

Established Member
First let me say I think GM has done a fine job with getting very heavy ZL1 to perform well. About as well as could be done with that platform. It is great that they also offer an automatic transmission option. Overlooking the poor visibility issues, all in all I think the GM fans will be happy with their Camaro ZL1.

They say the ZL1 is complete however you'll find there are basically no "comfort" options available. I know to some it's not important but still it's nice to have options if you want the car to your liking.

Unlike in a GT500 the ZL1 doesn't have voice activated navigation,(or any nav) you can't get Recaro seating, you can't get a glass roof, heated seats, dual climate control. Creature comforts a daily driver might want in their car.
Oh BTW did I mention you can't get 650HP/600lb/ft torque either from a factory ZL1 either......

Also it is nice to have the option of choosing the track pack with it's external engine oil,rear differential and transmission coolers or simply not choosing them and spending the money where I see fit.

Anyway just a few observations here.....

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
First let me say I think GM has done a fine job with getting very heavy ZL1 to perform well. About as well as could be done with that platform. It is great that they also offer an automatic transmission option. Overlooking the poor visibility issues, all in all I think the GM fans will be happy with their Camaro ZL1.

They say the ZL1 is complete however you'll find there are basically no "comfort" options available. I know to some it's not important but still it's nice to have options if you want the car to your liking.

Unlike in a GT500 the ZL1 doesn't have voice activated navigation,(or any nav) you can't get Recaro seating, you can't get a glass roof, heated seats, dual climate control. Creature comforts a daily driver might want in their car.
Oh BTW did I mention you can't get 650HP/600lb/ft torque either from a factory ZL1 either......

Also it is nice to have the option of choosing the track pack with it's external engine oil,rear differential and transmission coolers or simply not choosing them and spending the money where I see fit.

Anyway just a few observations here.....

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread