gt500 blows engine

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
yea hate to burst your bubble but, repost lol in any event, bum zinger for that guy

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is it me, or did the engine not sound quite right at the start of the dyno pull. That was nasty. I felt sorry for the owner. What an empty feeling that must have been.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Thats a bad day.

If you can afford to mod then you should be able to afford to fix. Not a pleasant experience regardless.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Is it me, or did the engine not sound quite right at the start of the dyno pull. That was nasty. I felt sorry for the owner. What an empty feeling that must have been.

+1

It didnt sound healthy from the very beginning IMO.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah sorry that's why Im afraid to post stuff on here

Just use the search before posting.

Most people here beat me to the punch, so I don't start many threads.

I had not seen it before.

Don't let a shop of men wearing wife beaters tune ur GT500.

E

NASTY5.0

DRIVER MOD INSIDE
Established Member
Well shit happens, if he can afford to buy that car he can afford to fix it. Still sucks though.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Just use the search before posting.

Most people here beat me to the punch, so I don't start many threads.

I had not seen it before.

Don't let a shop of men wearing wife beaters tune ur GT500.

E
the tuner is the same guy that tuned 'joes TTGT'(yes, that ~1400+RWHP stock short block twin turbo ford GT).

the only person associated with the shop(AKA the aforementioned guy) is the guy in the car - the owner is one of the 'wife beater' guys(apparently the others were there for the show, or so i've heard).

the owner him self said...
"...a rod bolt failed at 6500 rpms and took out the block the tune was right on after teardown the pistons tops were perfect."
"My fault turning it up to 6500 with 24 pounds of boost."

finally, the car is putting down 800HP at the wheels on the stock bottom end - at least double the HP at the crank that it came with from the factory. is it a shock that a rod bolt may have let loose, regardless of the tune???

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
The car is BLUE DIAMOND the one on Octobers MMFF front cover Triple Threat Throwdown. Yes it came appart on the dyno and took out the block, 800 hp 6500 rpm running c-16 . I asked my car to make more hp than the rods could handle, It was NOT the tuners fault.!! I did not publish the video to hammer on any one just to show what can happen and did! I have learned the hard way to pay for the ticket first before entering the 800 club! thanks to all the well wishers it is appreciated!!!!!
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/10237704-post88.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread