GT500 Numbers???

Almo

Established Member
Forget where I seen it but Ford stated it was putting down 440 to 450 to the wheels on one of their chassis dynos.

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
I like seeing the numbers the average jo gets. I'm waiting for the first guy to come up to me at the track with one and say "This car runs 12.20's". Really… then why did you just run 13.30 @108?

stang22

Established Member
BANDIT HPT said:
I like seeing the numbers the average jo gets. I'm waiting for the first guy to come up to me at the track with one and say "This car runs 12.20's". Really… then why did you just run 13.30 @108?
Anybody who gets a 13.30@108,needs too surrender their shelby and driving privileges!! What a waste of a driver!! :rolleyes:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
There will be plenty of bone stock 13 second passes...there will also be plenty of 12 second passes, and the ocassional 11 second pass. It's all about the driver, not the car. I have seen 06 Z06's run high 12's...hell I saw a brand new M5 run a 15 @ under 100 mph on the same day I ran a 13.1 @ 106. Granted it was in 5000' DA and no track prep. The point is, the car is going to be only as fast as the nut behind the wheel.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
dgussin1 said:
There will be plenty of bone stock 13 second passes...there will also be plenty of 12 second passes, and the ocassional 11 second pass. It's all about the driver, not the car. I have seen 06 Z06's run high 12's...hell I saw a brand new M5 run a 15 @ under 100 mph on the same day I ran a 13.1 @ 106. Granted it was in 5000' DA and no track prep. The point is, the car is going to be only as fast as the nut behind the wheel.

I can tell you there are a LOT of bad drivers on race tracks. Both drag strips and road courses. Expect a lot of guys unable to break into the 12's without mods.

If it wasn't for bad drivers I don't think my little Cobra R would be passing C6-Z06's, Ford GT's and Porsche Carrera GT's on the road course? ;-)

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I can tell you there are a LOT of bad drivers on race tracks. Both drag strips and road courses. Expect a lot of guys unable to break into the 12's without mods.

If it wasn't for bad drivers I don't think my little Cobra R would be passing C6-Z06's, Ford GT's and Porsche Carrera GT's on the road course? ;-)

I want to try some more autocrossing. I've been watching the local solo II races, it's not side by side racing but it's gets the blood pumping.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
BANDIT HPT said:
I want to try some more autocrossing. I've been watching the local solo II races, it's not side by side racing but it's gets the blood pumping.

I think Autocrossing is a good way to get a taste of racing and also to learn car control. It's cheap, there's lots of events and you will No Doubt have fun!

But I personally skipped right from drag racing when I was younger, took a 30 year break and went right to "on track" driving schools, OT events and some racing. I can tell you there is nothing more exciting that being on track for 20 or 30 minutes!! WAY more exciting that 12, 13 or 14 seconds at a time at the drag strip!

YMMV

95_XB331

Established Member
The thing about autox is you'll never hit 80+ down some straight, where the stang shines basically. I found a blast to 100+ with a hard brake into a turn to be very enjoyable. Then again, things break a lot faster too :)

brand new M5 run a 15 @ under 100 mph
That's probably because most owners can't figure out the iDrive to activate the 500HP (cpu safety features, especially at startup). Also, on most drag strips, you'd need the car running for a few minutes in the staging lanes so the safety features expire.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
95_XB331 said:
The thing about autox is you'll never hit 80+ down some straight, where the stang shines basically. I found a blast to 100+ with a hard brake into a turn to be very enjoyable. Then again, things break a lot faster too :)

That's probably because most owners can't figure out the iDrive to activate the 500HP (cpu safety features, especially at startup). Also, on most drag strips, you'd need the car running for a few minutes in the staging lanes so the safety features expire.

In autocrossing, you're going to have Hondas spanking you in a Mustang. The S-2000 is an autocross machine! If you don't mind being owned by a Honda, then you'll be just fine! :poke:

If you want to turn the tables, get those Hondas on a road course and show them where the bear $#!T$ in the buckwheat!??! :pepper:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
95_XB331 said:
Most likely. I asked the guys if they wanted some help/tips/advise, but they were very pissy that their ubersedan was so damn slow. I would think the car is better than a 15 sec car @ lacr even in P400 with the slowest shifting. They did say they were in P500 Sport with shifting 6.

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
The S2000 is no joke. Don't go in thinking your going to walk all over them because they wil hurt your feelings quick.

Silver 03 Cobra

Almo said:
Forget where I seen it but Ford stated it was putting down 440 to 450 to the wheels on one of their chassis dynos.

I don't think Ford would be on official record making chassis dyno claims. I know when the first dyno numbers were leaked, it was from a person that said he saw SVT engineers testing two at Pauls Hi Po. He posted here and on LS1 that and said they were making 365 SAE. He was trashed. It tuns out it was true. There was also a leak from the Romeo plant that has an engine dyno and the 03 made 425 crank SAE. The rest is history.

Almo

Established Member
Silver03Snake said:
I don't think Ford would be on official record making chassis dyno claims. I know when the first dyno numbers were leaked, it was from a person that said he saw SVT engineers testing two at Pauls Hi Po. He posted here and on LS1 that and said they were making 365 SAE. He was trashed. It tuns out it was true. There was also a leak from the Romeo plant that has an engine dyno and the 03 made 425 crank SAE. The rest is history.

Your man Shelby said it in one of his articles it was putting down 440 to 450 to the wheels. I forget where I seen it but it was within the last 2 weeks.

365 SAE is way off!! They couldn't rate it at 500BHP if all it was making was 425 SAE to the crank. :rollseyes Guess the rest isn't history now is it?!?!

Dave07997S

Established Member
ac427cobra said:

Touche'.... :beer:

WDW MKR

Established Member
Almo said:
Your man Shelby said it in one of his articles it was putting down 440 to 450 to the wheels. I forget where I seen it but it was within the last 2 weeks.

365 SAE is way off!! They couldn't rate it at 500BHP if all it was making was 425 SAE to the crank. :rollseyes Guess the rest isn't history now is it?!?!

He was talking about the 03/04 Cobra. You might want to read a little slower before giving smartass replies.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
WDW MKR said:
He was talking about the 03/04 Cobra. You might want to read a little slower before giving smartass replies.

maybe he needs to define what car he is talking about a little more before posting '03 numbers on a thread refering to the new gt500's. he only meantions the '03 once, and thats after he quotes other dyno numbers.

WDW MKR

Established Member
If you're confused, then simply ask the question. No need for someone to fire back a childish response.

Almo

Established Member
WDW MKR said:

:lol: His reply was off my post which were stating numbers on the GT500 not the 03/04.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread