GT500 Numbers???

Almo

Established Member
Silver03Snake said:
I don't think Ford would be on official record making chassis dyno claims. I know when the first dyno numbers were leaked, it was from a person that said he saw SVT engineers testing two at Pauls Hi Po. He posted here and on LS1 that and said they were making 365 SAE. He was trashed. It tuns out it was true. There was also a leak from the Romeo plant that has an engine dyno and the 03 made 425 crank SAE. The rest is history.

My post was referring to the GT500 and replying to mine seemed as if you were stating numbers off the GT500 so if indeed both were referenced to the 03/04 then I apologize. That said, the rest IS history statement came off wrong to me at first.

Cheers,
Allen

Last edited:

WDW MKR

Established Member
Almo said:
:lol: His reply was off my post which were stating numbers on the GT500 not the 03/04.

Not sure what is so funny. As you're stated in later responses, he was talking about the 03/04 Cobra. People often quote others while covering a specific topic not covered in the quoted text.

Almo

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Not sure what is so funny. As you're stated in later responses, he was talking about the 03/04 Cobra. People often quote others while covering a specific topic not covered in the quoted text.

If you read my post he replied to and then what he posted first it sure looks like he is speaking of the GT500. Enough said.

But not to worry you jumped and took care of everything didn't you?

WDW MKR

Established Member
Almo said:
If you read my post he replied to and then what he posted first it sure looks like he is speaking of the GT500. Enough said.

But not to worry you jumped and took care of everything didn't you?

I didn't care of anything, nor did I intend to. Perhaps you need to take a deep breath and recall that this is just an internet message board. No need to get so fired up about everything. That said, I'm out of this conversation.

Almo

Established Member
Ryan02Stang said:
Almo...notice that everyone argues with you? Maybe you should ask yourself "am I totally full of shit?"

Here you are jumping in trying to cause problems again. :nonono:

Last edited:

Silver 03 Cobra

Almo said:
Your man Shelby said it in one of his articles it was putting down 440 to 450 to the wheels. I forget where I seen it but it was within the last 2 weeks.

365 SAE is way off!! They couldn't rate it at 500BHP if all it was making was 425 SAE to the crank. :rollseyes Guess the rest isn't history now is it?!?!

I left off the part that the 365 was for an 03 when the rumors leaked from Pauls around March of 2002.

Shelby is not an official Ford employee making claims.

Well, which is it, 440 or 450, what correction. They'll rate it 500 HP and it will make close to 450 rwhp SAE which should be 530 crank. The Ford GT is making close to 550 rwhp SAE while it's rated 550 crank.

SO much for your Ford official announcement :cryying: .

WDW MKR

Established Member
Silver03Snake said:
I left off the part that the 365 was for an 03 when the rumors leaked from Pauls around March of 2002.

Well, which is it, 440 or 450, what correction. They'll rate it 500 HP and it will make close to 450 rwhp SAE which should be 530 crank. The Ford GT is making close to 550 rwhp SAE while it's rated 550 crank.

SO much for your Ford official announcement :cryying: .

Actually, Ford used the official SAE standard to rate the car at 500bhp. You're not going to see severely underrated numbers like with the Terminators.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Actually, Ford used the official SAE standard to rate the car at 500bhp. You're not going to see severely underrated numbers like with the Terminators.
the Z06 also uses SAE ratings...I have seen anywhere from 440-470rwhp bone stock out of them SAE Dynojet...my calculations tell me with 15% driveline loss that comes out to 518-552bhp. Unless modern drivelines are much more efficient that we believe these SAE ratings don't mean shit.

It was already stated that the shelby has been doing 450-460rwhp, with 15% thats 529-541bhp.

WDW MKR

Established Member
I was unaware that the Z06 used SAE ratings from the factory. Haven't seen one make more than 450rwhp bone stock, but that's not to say it hasn't happened. Even so, I think it is a little bold to state that SAE ratings don't mean shit. Using 15% for drivetrain loss may be a little high with modern drivelines. I would definitely expect the Vette drivetrain loss to be a little less due to its location and more compact package. Increase the efficiency to something like 88% and suddenly the numbers start to fall in line. I'm not saying that is correct, but SAE industry standards aren't just pulled out of thin air.

What production Shelby has been dyno tested by the owner and put down 450-460rwhp? I didn't think anyone had any numbers.

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
I was unaware that the Z06 used SAE ratings from the factory. Haven't seen one make more than 450rwhp bone stock, but that's not to say it hasn't happened. Even so, I think it is a little bold to state that SAE ratings don't mean shit. Using 15% for drivetrain loss may be a little high with modern drivelines. I would definitely expect the Vette drivetrain loss to be a little less due to its location and more compact package. Increase the efficiency to something like 88% and suddenly the numbers start to fall in line. I'm not saying that is correct, but SAE industry standards aren't just pulled out of thin air.

What production Shelby has been dyno tested by the owner and put down 450-460rwhp? I didn't think anyone had any numbers.

Actually, the 2006 Z was the first car certified using the SAE factor. I found this interesting as well.

The first engine certified under the SAE program was the 7.0 L LS7 used in the 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06. Certified power rose slightly from 500 hp to 505 hp.

And for the 450 to 460 rwhp question… I am trying to find the article. Although a quick correction on your numbers, I didn’t state 450 to 460, I stated 440 to 450 in my previous post. I recall Carrol Shelby saying Ford placed some on the dyno and they have already seen 440 to 450 to the wheels. In the article Shelby also was saying they aren't too worried about how much HP they can get out of the 500, there is plenty more to be made. :banana:

Again, I am still trying to find it but read this about 2 weeks ago and if I am not mistaken, I found the article off SVTP but had to click a few links before stumbling on the interview/article.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
index.php

index.php

Almo

Established Member
Silver03Snake said:

Fair enough.

Silver03Snake said:

I know this, I will go back and reread what I wrote but all said and done, the official comment was made due in part the car is making 500BHP and is certified through the SAE program and that was when the 440 to 450 to the wheels was stated.

Silver03Snake said:

I said 440 to 450 in my original post and it didn't state the correction factor so I didn't want to throw out something that wasn't stated. The Ford GT never was SAE certified just like the Terminators therefore they underrated them a bit. For your 500HP making close to 450 rwhp SAE... I didn't state it was SAE but that should be very close depending on the drivetrain loss in these cars. 500BHP = 500 SAE Certified Flywheel HP. So depending on how efficient the drivetrain is, it should be putting down around 440 to 450 to the wheels using the same SAE factor.

How are you getting 450 rwhp SAE at 530 to the crank? Again, the new SAE certified system that was used to certify 500BHP in the GT500 isn’t going underrate is hardly at all. Will be within several HP, or is suppose to… being the whole point of the program.

Silver03Snake said:
SO much for your Ford official announcement :cryying:

So what are you saying here? They already have official numbers at 500BHP, again this equates to 500 SAE certified HP at the flywheel or crank as you like to call it.

Where are you getting your numbers from trying to make it look like I am pulling numbers out my yeah.... Do the math!

Depending on the drivetrain efficiency, the 500 SAE factored crank HP through the drivetrain should deliver 440 SAE rwhp. So the numbers gained from the Dyno in the article were most likely SAE as well but it didn’t state that. So where am I wrong in stating what I did? :shrug:

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
Thanks David!

I forgot all about this one. I remember now, this was the source that was provided when I asked for the official 110 ft. 60-0. :beer:

There was another article that had Shelby commenting on the official numbers as well.

Last edited:

WDW MKR

Established Member
Regarding that article, it references pre-production units. Did they say whether or not the numbers were SAE or STD. Either way, the car is obviously gonna have the oats. I just want to some people dyno their personal cars and take them to the track, regardless of what the drivetrain loss or official SAE bhp is.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Regarding that article, it references pre-production units. Did they say whether or not the numbers were SAE or STD. Either way, the car is obviously gonna have the oats. I just want to some people dyno their personal cars and take them to the track, regardless of what the drivetrain loss or official SAE bhp is.
mine will definitely see the track...if it's not pulling 91 + in the 1/8 I will be disappointed. I went 86.5 in my stock termy vert on a hot day.

I could give a funk about dyno #'s...they really mean nothing to me. The dyno is a tool used for tuning...dyno numbers can be fu*ked with by the operator, so at the end of the day you don't even know what you're looking at.

Users who are viewing this thread