GT500 on E-Bay

916er

Established Member
Hello all, as you may know I am hunting for an 11 or 12 GT500. I noticed what appeared to be a nice car on e-bay. (I will try to paste the link here). It is in Kingsley, MI. Two things scare me: one is the mileage (45k) and the other is the modifications. I am new to Shelby's and the type of modifications that are good and not so good. If anyone has an opinion about this car, or better yet, if anyone lives near this car and they could check it out for me, that would be great. I am a ways away in Syracuse, NY. Thanks Eugene

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustan...b44b2c95:g:k4IAAOSwanRXgoVw&item=131873844373

ram150

USMC veteran
Established Member
That car definitely got driven with that many miles lol. It doesn't say what size pulley is on it so it could be stock size. Also every dyno is different but that horsepower is really low for that setup. The badge on the fender says 725 and they could mean to the crank. Just my 2 cents.

greb87

Established Member
I wouldn't let the mods scare you off. A lot of people run a very similar setup to that car with no issues. And it looks like he's throwing in all the stock parts too which adds value. Good deal overall.

ram150

USMC veteran
Established Member
The mods shouldn't scare you, maybe if the seller didn't know any information or anything about them then yeah I would be scared, but he has the list of everything done, he has all the stock parts. Once you get a gt500 you will probably going that route anyway, and here it's already done. Then again some people want a stock car to be able to do everything from there ownership.

sweetlou1182

Established Member
It has some nice parts already put on that cost a pretty penny. Nothing that would cause any concern especially with a very conservative tune. The tune was 610rwhp which means the 725 badges are crank HP. Those wheels certainly aren't cheap and having the leather Recaros is a huge bonus in my book. My only thing is 45k is a little high for me to spend almost 40k on but other than that it looks pretty sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread