Gt500 supercharger on 06 mustang gt

jerrytubbs1

Established Member
Maybe a crazy question but can it be done?
Does anyone make an adapter or can one be made to make it fit the 4.6? Would there be any concerns? If its not done yet, I may be the first to try it. Any pointers or can anyone point me in a direction to talk to someone that may know about it? Thanks in advance

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
are you on drugs? Why would you do this when there are plenty of readily available blower kits for the gt? :shrug:

skyhighsd

Established Member
are you on drugs? Why would you do this when there are plenty of readily available blower kits for the gt? :shrug:

Why would it be a bad idea, you can pick up used eatons for change. Compared to what it would cost for a KB or something else. Not a bad idea if you can indeed can get a manifold from eaton to make it work.

jerrytubbs1

Established Member

I can do without opinions that do not pertain to my questions/thread.And to answer you, NO I'm not on drugs.

I want something that is not normal or readily available. Thats why I ask these questions.

BMspeed

Stings doesn't it!!!
Established Member
I think as said above Roush is a good call. If they can fit the tvs to the 4.6 why not the gt500 eaton?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
the GT500/R/GT heads are unique, so the manifold wont fit a 4.6l or a 5.4l without the heads coming along for the party. i would just go to HPP and get one of their turbo set ups, or whipple if you really want an s'charger. or a straight GT500 engine swap if you really wanted to be badass!!!

littlejohn

Established Member
Roush makes one for the 4.6, it's what they use on their P51 car. Now whether you can buy one, I don't know. Give 'em a call, can't hurt.

To make one work on a truck 5.4 3V, Reichard Racing makes adaptor plates for 2V and 4V heads so 4.6 intakes can be used on 5.4's; I'm not sure if they are making 3V ones yet, haven't been on their website for a long time.

As for using the stock Eaton on something else, why the hell not? They're only good for 650+ hp, and they are expensive to buy on ebay, around $500 (note huge sarcastic tone). Other than the intake problem, the rest of the plumbing could be put together for cheap. I bet that you could set up one for a 4.6 for $2500.

Tell me, where you can find a supercharger setup that's good for 650 hp for $3000?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I can do without opinions that do not pertain to my questions/thread.And to answer you, NO I'm not on drugs.

I want something that is not normal or readily available. Thats why I ask these questions.

I just don't see the point in trying to build a frankenstein/shade tree setup when there are probably 20 tried and tested bolt on kits out there already. There's really no point in all the trouble of trying to adapt a setup DESIGNED for a 4v DOHC on a 3v SOHC. Gonna take you a couple weeks at least to locate all the neccesary parts, do all the fabrication/modification and installed. Then you'll have to get it dyno tuned. Shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line. :shrug: Besides, a twinscrew or single turbo setup would look/sound better and make more power. :burnout:

If you're going for wow factor this is not going to do it. Just my 2 cents :bored:

jerrytubbs1

Established Member
Basically it to have something diffrent than anyone else.And to add a little poweer at the same time.

cbrmuscle

Established Member
I agree, if you're on a budget this could be a great way to add some ponies without breaking the bank. Good luck.

jerrytubbs1

Established Member
Got some calls returned today

Good news-it can be done
Bad news- fab cost is 3000-3500

So I will probably be out about 4500-5 grand in it when it gets on the car and ready to run it.It is right up there with the other "proven systems" but when I pop my hood, I dont want to look at something that everyone else is running. So with that it mind,do you guys have any other thoughts?
The first time for anything is the hardest, so maybe it will open the window up for a market later down the road?

Users who are viewing this thread