- Shift light & buzzer
- Onboard computer: outside temp, projected range, mpg...etc
- Seats with shoulder holes to allow 4/5 point harness
- Tire pressure monitor
- larger tires...275-295

Optional:
- navigation
- T-top or sunroof

I would love to see some sort of weight reduction but it would probably bring the cost up. Most of the features I've listed above are fairly cheap and standard on many cars in this price range.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
01L2Cobra said:
Not at over 60lbs more and only 25 more hp it wont. Fine you want a blower then still go with the Cammer! FRPP has one (don't know if they sell it yet) that makes 650hp and is still a hell of a lot lighter! But Like I said I would still rather like to see the race proven NA Cammer in there.

You can't pulley a NA motor is what I am saying. It may only be 25 more hp stock, but for a few clams it quickly becomes 125 more...or even more.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
No fake scoops
Keep the current tail lights and not those ugly, wide, trunk access inhibiting concept/GT-R ones.
Keep the brakes.
definitely keep the interior (but with better seats).
wider meats.
body colored mirrors
don't change the hood much.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Yeah, the seats are pretty week when compared to what is in my cobra now. I am not impressed with them at all.

01L2Cobra

Banned
HISSMAN said:
You can't pulley a NA motor is what I am saying. It may only be 25 more hp stock, but for a few clams it quickly becomes 125 more...or even more.
The front end of the car has way too much weight! If they were to put a super charger on the Cammer you would have the best of both worlds. But I would still be happy with a street legal version of the Cammer that FRPP is sending out with their race ready cars.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
01L2Cobra said:
The front end of the car has way too much weight! If they were to put a super charger on the Cammer you would have the best of both worlds. But I would still be happy with a street legal version of the Cammer that FRPP is sending out with their race ready cars.

These cars make enough torque to do away with a lot of the understeer.

Dave07997S

Established Member
As a two time BMW M3 owner and a whole round of SVT Mustangs, I have to say I'm with JWFISHER on this one. I want to see the SVT Cobra to be world class...therefore it has to have a IRS, has to at least offer creature comfort ammenities such as navigation, moonroof, and such...at least offer it as an option for those of us who want it. Nav at best only adds 10lbs..thats all it added in the M3, granted the moonroof will add 30+lbs on the top of the car but it won't affect it that much. At least make it an option. Also the car has to have decent seating. I know the car we saw was a prototype and not the actual car we will see in Jun 06, but I felt the seating in the 03/04 SVT's was better than what I saw there. Ever sit in a stock M3...the seating is glorious. I love the leather interior and this should be continued..to much plastic in the plain jane Mustang GT.

Although it is true that a IRS will add weight, it adds weight where it needs it...in the back to give the car a much closer 50/50 weight distribution. Not to mention that unsprung weight will actually be lower than with the live axle car. I wish and I know I am reaching on this, that the car will be NA instead of having a huffer. I would love to see that 5.0L cammer motor in the car, not only we would have a high revving powerplant but it would be substantially lighter.

For me if the car was optioned out as I liked it at $45K it would still be a bargain. Nothing under $70K is going to be able to touch it and with decent build quality to boot.

Dave

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I don't know. Moonroofs on mustangs look like ass to me. The roof line is slanted to far forward or something.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The M3 is cool, been there, but wheelhop sucks ass. Everyone complained about the IRS until they said that they were going to put a solid back in. Now everyone is whining about that. Ford only did what the Majority asked them to do.

01L2Cobra

Banned
HISSMAN said:
These cars make enough torque to do away with a lot of the understeer.
Why should we have to put up with the extra weight of cast iron vs. aluminum? Chevy doesn't even use cast iron on the Z06's for a reason and its not the fact that it doesn't have a supercharger. The Cammer block is capable of withstanding a supercharged application and is around 60lbs lighter so why not use that instead?

01L2Cobra

Banned
IRS is the way to go on these cars in order for them to compete against their competitors. The S197 platform was designed for an IRS the SN95 wasn’t.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
01L2Cobra said:
Why should we have to put up with the extra weight of cast iron vs. aluminum? Chevy doesn't even use cast iron on the Z06's for a reason and its not the fact that it doesn't have a supercharger. The Cammer block is capable of withstanding a supercharged application and is around 60lbs lighter so why not use that instead?

The cobra is not for everyone I guess. Maybe you can buy a gt, and build it the way you want. If they use the aluminum block it will greatly increase the price of the car. GREATLY. And for that you can probably build one cheaper.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
01L2Cobra said:

Because 80% of the people that buy these cars are not going to the track to race. Buy the Racing version when it comes out. It should make you plenty happy.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
When you get one, if you get one, pull the engine, sell it for a mint, buy the cammer for a profit, and do what you want to it.

01L2Cobra

Banned
HISSMAN said:
The cobra is not for everyone I guess. Maybe you can buy a gt, and build it the way you want. If they use the aluminum block it will greatly increase the price of the car. GREATLY. And for that you can probably build one cheaper.
It wouldn't greatly increase the price of the car at all. The only reason that the cammer costs so much is because its not mass produced. If the Cammer was to go in to mass production it would actualy cost less than what is in the show car.

01L2Cobra

Banned
HISSMAN said:
When you get one, if you get one, pull the engine, sell it for a mint, buy the cammer for a profit, and do what you want to it.
True I could and too bad the supercharged cammer used in the FR100 UPS truck makes 600hp.

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
I agree with having more feature comforts.:shrug: I know it's a sports car but that is no reason not to be able to tell fuel range and maybe even have some chick talking to me telling me I'm sexy. :D

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
I agree with just about everyhing that "Hissman" has stated in this thread. In general, the car looks great as it is (with the one exception of the tail lights being too big, but I doubt that Ford will change that in this stage of the game). And I certainly hope that for $40K out the door(which would be the only way that I'll buy one) there will be a real oil presure gauge on this car instead of the fake one that my Marauder came with!!!!

Forget things like 5-point harness belts. This is a car for the street that many people will take to the track yes, but it's primarily a street car for public transportation, not a trailer queen. The hood looks perfect the way it is. IMO if there's a bigger bulge on the hood, then it should only be for a reason such as a big block engine sitting under there with a high rise manifold, or a bigger blower, and that isn't going to happen (not for $40K anyway).I hate things that are done to body styles that are for looks only. If it isn't needed, then it shouldn't be on there. I'm speaking of things that are supposed to make the car look like it's faster than it really is, such as a giant hood skoop or hood bulge, or a big wing on the back. Which is precisely the reason why I'm very glad not to see a wing on the back of this car. So let's be realicstic here, uh? I mean what's next? A request to have an option for slicks?

I do think that the car should be made available with more wheel options though since I'm not crazy about those wheels. I agree with the idea of a wheel option with more retro looking wheels. And I think the best thing would be if this car came without any traction control at all, and w/out any type of "Torque management" either such as those I hear about that will actually prevent wheel spin. And I'm very glad to see that they've done away with that IRS!!!!(can U say, "freedom from wheel hop"???).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread