GT500 SVT suggestion box thread

Dave07997S

Established Member
CobraRed01 said:
World-class handling is exactly right!! I'd like to see dependable 350 to 400hp, 32V aluminum block N/A with a GOOD (tight, strong, no wheel-hop) IRS at around 3200 pounds that can CRUSH the upcoming M3 V8 on a road course. But, that's just me. Higher cost would be a major issue (but still a bargin over the Beemer). If they can bring the cost of the cammer down through higher production that might work. A $40K target in nice, but maybe not doable. Frankly, hold the luxury crap and build a solid, lightweight flyer with IRS...call it the GT-350 option. Keep the GT-500 with the live axle for those who like to lay down a long patch and launch real well. Design-wise....less is better. Think Foose.

I would love to see it crush the upcoming E90 M3 on a road coarse, and to do it for 10k less would be a bargain...build it and we will come. I mean people are spending 50K+ for Saleen's. I am not a bimmer guy, I'm a car guy. I happen to love my M3 and its going to take a lot to pry off my fingers from the fat steering wheel. The GT500 has the goods, I love the way it looks. Just a few more pieces and I could be back into a Cobra again. I miss my last Cobra a CY 98 Cobra. The thing was a blast....just fell in love with the E46 M3 and had the money to get it...What worries me is how much is the new M3 going to cost, if the E46 M3 base at 47K what will the E90 M3 base at. 4.0L DOHC V8, outstanding suspension, and all the creature comforts if you want. A decently equipped one will probably be in the 60K range. Its going to rock though 400+ hp and 8krpm again, M is into that 100+hp per litre thing. Dave

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
OH Yeah, I almost forgot....

1. How about some wider rear wheels & rear tires

2. Offer Yellow w black stripes

3. HID Headlights

4. Push button start like the GT $150k+ car

5. Power Sunroof

And be sure to offer cross drilled rotors and brembo's like the car shown at NYAS

Oh Yeah, I almost forgot..

6. A top speed like the 2000 Cobra R had :-D

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
After taking a long look at the GT-500 pics and ideas expressed herein, I'd like to second the following motions, with some of my own ideas:
1) Bulletproof 5.0+ aluminum block N/A (as option or in a GT-350); 32V heads; 3200-3300 lbs.
2) A GOOD IRS (as option or in a GT-350)
3) Bigger tires on back...01/03/04 style rims all around, but with a cooler two-piece look (radial fastners) - don't like the GT-500 wheels, too busy. Like the classic Cobra wheels. Brushed or polished optional.
4) I still like my white gauges much better. No nonsense. Add REAL temp and pressure gauges. Keep the tuttie-fruitie light options, please.
5) Cobra R style muscular bulging hood, work in the new vents. Functionality as option.
6) Paint the damn rocker panels and mirrors already, would ya.
7) Cobra emblem on front grill moveable....I think it looks great off-center on the car WITH stripes. Center it on the car without stripes.
8) Stripe delete option.
9) SVT on rear medallion.
10) Traction control, default off.
11) HID
12) GT starter button would be tres cool.
13) Optional rear gears sets, yes.
14) <$40K....Yes ,we do want everthing don't we??

K-Dubb

Established Member
venams03 said:
Get rid of the black colored lower molding that surrounds the car! I think it would look MUCH better painted in the body color, with the chin splitter deleted or smoothed out in front! Too many colors as it stands now...Red (body color), White (side and top stripes), Black (Interior and lower moldings surrounding entire car).... 1 too many colors if you ask me. Other than that I can live with it

what he said!!!

Users who are viewing this thread