GT500 to Appear in Top Gear Season 19

Kevins89notch

Established Member
They bash everyone equally so if some "MURICA!" redneck get's their panties in a bunch because Jeremy doesn't say the GT500 is the world's most awesome car, well then too ****ing bad!!!!

krman68

Established Member
Personally I love the UK version, it is funny a $hit. It is more of a comedy show with guys who love cars and can drive. I think you need to keep in mind, they are British and grew up with small cars with little motors. Their primary audience is the UK so they are going to cater to the home crowd. UK doesn't have any home owned car manufacturers and they dont understand NASCAR nor American car culture. I dont take their criticisms seriously, Clarkson has/had a GT and Richard Hammond owns a 67 fastback and loves it.

Enjoy the show for what it is, entertainment and we get to see them beat the snot out of cars we could never own.

When does the season start?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
If you guys take what Top Gear says seriously, you need to reevaluate who the fool is.
This^^^

If you guys haven't noticed, TG love cars that can handle, now although this GT500 handles good, they will compare it to some Euro or British car that handles better and deem that the winner.
They will nitpick the crap out of it just like they did with every other American car.

I can't wait to watch and see it in action, but I already know what Jeremy and the other guys will say.

99GTvert

Established Member
I love Top Gear. It's the only source of media I know of that tests cars that are not influenced by money given to them by the manufacturers. It's refreshing to see that. And I don't always agree with their opinions, but they are definitely not American bashers 100% of the time. They tested a Lightning a while back and even though they said it wasn't practical for Europe, they loved it.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I love TG but I am calling it right now.

They(Clarkson/James May) hate American cars and I'm sure they will say the GT500 is a pile of shit because it still has a live axle, is nose heavy and doesn't weight 3200lbs. They will say it handles like crap because it is to heavy/unbalanced, brakes like crap because it is to heavy and the brakes are not carbon ceramic or 6 piston, is to powerful for the tires/suspension, live axle+a tiny 285 rear tire= no traction, and has trash interior because it isn't hand made and made out of top shelf stuff.

But after that I guarantee they wont compareit to anything in its price range as nothing can compete. They will compare it to the new viper or vette as they are both front engine, rear wheel drive, american made cars. They wont even bring up the price at that point, and if they do, they will try to pass off an extra $35000 as being totally worth it since they act as though 90% of the population has hundred dollar bills shooting out of their asses.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I own one of these beasts and I love it! I love TG UK too, its very entertaining...their american bashing is no surprise and I fully expect them to bash but whatever they say won't sway my opinion of my car quite frankly. I look forward to it, would love to see stig run it around the track

Brutal Metal

Established Member
The show is good, but the dyno thing was ridiculous and a lie (we all know car manufacturers do not rate hp at the tire.)

We already know they will say the 13' gt500 is junk. They will talk about how good the power is, how well it handles even with the solid axle, how good of a "yank tank" it is and how it beats top contender/really expensive European cars. Then in the last 5 mins, they will point out every little thing that is wrong with it, like some radio button not working, plastic pieces etc. Clarkson will probably state "by the third day of testing, the car simply would not start."
I agree!! Guess what Brits when you beat the turd out of a car on a multi mile long winding racetrack your GONNA get some brake fade going into sharp turns over 100 mph you Douches!!
Their gonna bitch about the brakes as others has done in these track tests mark my words!! I liked watching Tanner's Exotic supercar's show on speed channel a couple years ago, not a big fan of the US Top Gear...

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
They will talk about how good the power is, how well it handles even with the solid axle, how good of a "yank tank" it is and how it beats top contender/really expensive European cars. Then in the last 5 mins, they will point out every little thing that is wrong with it, like some radio button not working, plastic pieces etc. Clarkson will probably state "by the third day of testing, the car simply would not start."

this is every review of any american car ever on that show.

still gonna watch...

540paul

Established Member
I see everybody here has got the handle on the Top Gear Boys, it starts here in the UK on 27 January with the 'Christmas Special'. Looking forward to the GT500 not getting too much of a beating!......and maybe the mention that the 2015 Mustang will be officially coming to Britain. In the meantime we do have a good American car enthusiast sector with about 1300 members in the Mustang Club of GB, 700 in the Corvette Club, a healthy Mopar Muscle Club and plenty more clubs for various marks. I personally have had American cars here for the last 34 years and about to import a '13 Boss 302, even thought most modern 'yank' cars cost at least 50% more by the time we get them on the road here, not to mention 'gas' is the equivalent of $8 a gallon.

slidai

Established Member
British or American version? The American version ****ing sucks. The British version is awesome

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
Clarkson racing a train in a GT500? Sounds like a lot of blower noise and power yells

Love the show completely

Dragu1a

Established Member
I actually like the American version better. I think the guys are funnier, I like their competitions and I get jealous every time I watch Tanner drive the shit out of whatever they have on that week.

I watch it for entertainment, I don't care about the piece by piece breakdown of a car I'll never be able to afford.

corruptor

Established Member
Clarkson doesn't hate the Mustang. In one of his personal shows/DVDs, he reviewed a Roush vs. a GT500 and found it to be better balanced. He even said he liked the Roush on an episode of Top Gear, if I recall.

I don't care if Clarkson likes the new GT500 or not, but I'm hopeful the new season is more entertaining than the last 2 or 3. Sucks that there's only going to be a few episodes, but maybe that just means they'll be back in the Fall again.

Users who are viewing this thread