GT500 vs 65 Cobra, c63 amg, srt10 viper

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
kind of enjoyed that...

couple things I noticed and enjoyed: the AMG has less power and weighs just as much as a zl1 and it runs the 1/4 mile faster or almost exactly the same ( depending on avg. )

also the quote" a man should control the car, not the other way around" theres a reason why cars like the GT500 which some complain is hard to drive and master is popular among us over here...its the also the reason the zl1 was not included in this test

either way, Im very happy with my my over the top, powerful, muscle car that still uses an archaic live rear axle....:beer:

Soon to be SVT

Established Member
C63 is an over-achiever much the same way the ZL1 is an underachiever.

Bolt-ons + a tune make a lot of power in those things. A few guys are running 10's all motor in those things (sedans too). I've done a lot of research on these as I would probably be buying one if the 13 GT500 didn't perform so well.

Which is a more comfortable, a ZL1 or C63? LOL

Edit - C63 weighs ~3900 lbs, lighter than the ZL1.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
C63 is an over-achiever much the same way the ZL1 is an underachiever.

Bolt-ons + a tune make a lot of power in those things. A few guys are running 10's all motor in those things (sedans too). I've done a lot of research on these as I would probably be buying one if the 13 GT500 didn't perform so well.

Which is a more comfortable, a ZL1 or C63? LOL

Edit - C63 weighs ~3900 lbs, lighter than the ZL1.

I was going by the video, they listed it at 4042

red9450

Established Member
I enjoyed this video. If I had the $$$ I would have one of each in my stable.

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
I usually dont watch 10 min videos people post up on forums but this one caught my interest. I enjoyed it. Thank you for posting.

corey d

STOLE IT
Established Member
I was looking at the C63 AMG (not the black edition) before i got my 2012 GT500, the BMW M3 also, im glad i went with what i did. This was a good video. I wish i would have waited for the 2013 GT500, but it would have costed me at least $11,000 more to get what i have in the 2013. If i spend $11,000 on my 12, i think ill be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread