GT500's rejected by Shelby Automobles INC

MYGT500

Established Member
I tried to join the shelby automobiles owners fourm last week...here is the letter i recieved back...

Thank you for registering for the Shelby Owner’s Forum. Before I can approve your access to the forum I have to verify that you own a car that we’re currently producing, such as a Shelby Cobra, Shelby GT-H Mustang, etc. This forum is not intended for owners of GT500 Mustangs as those are made by Ford. The information provided in the Owner’s Forum is only applicable to the cars we’re making here at our Las Vegas facility.
Anyway, let me know about your car and if it fits with the criteria I’ll get you approved right away. Thank you.

-Rich Sparkman

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

So...i guess,this car will not be recognized as a "real" Shelby by Shelby Automobiles. I'm a little dissapointed,after all the interviews and videos with mr Shelby,praising the car and shown driving it...

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Wow, that sux. Wonder how the people who spent 60k+ on one are going to feel about that. :??:

MYGT500

Established Member
you know...my car says SHELBY on the window sticker,and on the deck lid..Ford says its a shelby,Carrol Shelby said it is..at least thats what the ads say....

carol.jpg

eci

Banned
Who gives a shit? I buy cars for the car, not for some old mans name or some stupid registry.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
what a rip off! i bet carrol shelby him self hadnt heard about this, i cant see how he would just let this happen. someone needs to get a hold of him some how(good luck, lol).

drmustang

Banned
MYGT500 said:
I tried to join the shelby automobiles owners fourm last week...here is the letter i recieved back...

Thank you for registering for the Shelby Owner’s Forum. Before I can approve your access to the forum I have to verify that you own a car that we’re currently producing, such as a Shelby Cobra, Shelby GT-H Mustang, etc. This forum is not intended for owners of GT500 Mustangs as those are made by Ford. The information provided in the Owner’s Forum is only applicable to the cars we’re making here at our Las Vegas facility.
Anyway, let me know about your car and if it fits with the criteria I’ll get you approved right away. Thank you.

-Rich Sparkman

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

So...i guess,this car will not be recognized as a "real" Shelby by Shelby Automobiles. I'm a little dissapointed,after all the interviews and videos with mr Shelby,praising the car and shown driving it...

Could you possibly scan that letter(entire page with corporate letter head and logo visible) and post it here.

I would love to have that in hand when it is time to talk price on one of these "Shelbys".

Looks like ole Shelby got his revenge. This is amazing.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
how bout that guy who paid $600,000 to shelbys charity to purchase the 1st 07 shelby gt500. i bet he will be in the shelby registry. can someone look into that? is the shelby registry on public record?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
05_Evolution said:
they are right unfortunately because this car will not be in the Shelby Registry due to the fact its not being produced in Las Vegas and will not have a Shelby VIN. Its a shame!

According to the registrar, it will be in the Shelby Registry. I have it in writing. It won't be til the next printing, which is the 2008 version.

bj

drmustang

Banned
ON D BIT said:
how bout that guy who paid $600,000 to shelbys charity to purchase the 1st 07 shelby gt500. i bet he will be in the shelby registry. can someone look into that? is the shelby registry on public record?

Very good point! This issue needs to be clarified ASAP.

Hopefully this can be resolved, possibly by the creation of a new category in the registry and keep everyone happy.

A corporation who just reported a 5.8 billion dollar 3rd quater loss can ill afford to have its current halo car perceived as a fake.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
drmustang said:
Very good point! This issue needs to be clarified ASAP.

how bout the shelby mustangs that were built in the ford factory's in the late 60's? 68 and after i heard that all shelby mustangs were built by ford not shelby. i would thing that these cars(68/69 gt350/gt500) are already in the shelby registry.

and if you want to nitpick most of the cars in the registry were not built at the vegas facility. they were built in socal.
The information provided in the Owner’s Forum is only applicable to the cars we’re making here at our Las Vegas facility.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Unfortunatley, they are correct. I would be pissed though as well. Then again Iam not lucky enough to own one

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
ShortThrow50 said:
Unfortunatley, they are correct. I would be pissed though as well. Then again Iam not lucky enough to own one

what do you mean they are correct? are the shelby mustangs built by ford in the late 60's not in the registry?

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
ShortThrow50 said:
Happy early birthday dude. My girls birthday is tomorrow.Yours would be on sat. Dont get too f...ed up:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread