GT500's rejected by Shelby Automobles INC

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
what do you mean they are correct? are the shelby mustangs built by ford in the late 60's not in the registry?
Never thought of that.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Shelby hasn't touched a car since 1967. Email him back and asked about any "Shelby" produced after 1967 since they were all moved out of house. Also, I believe those insanely priced Eleanor replicas that Unique makes are included in the registry as well.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
speedster901 said:
I have heard alot of the Shelby guys are a little arrogant , they all think they are race car drivers.

Well, we're certainly not as good as the Terminator drivers yet, but give us some time man! ;-)

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
ShortThrow50 said:
Happy early birthday dude. My girls birthday is tomorrow.Yours would be on sat. Dont get too f...ed up:beer:

why did you quote yourself and say happy bday? :shrug:

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Riddlaontheroof said:
why did you quote yourself and say happy bday? :shrug:
I meant to quote on d bit but accidently quoted myself. Its his birthday this week. You already knew that too because he responded and he knew what i meant. So heres a ":shrug: " to you. Its all good man.

marc@kentucky

Established Member
My 2 cents from the Shelby factory tour

ON D BIT said:
how bout the shelby mustangs that were built in the ford factory's in the late 60's? 68 and after i heard that all shelby mustangs were built by ford not shelby. i would thing that these cars(68/69 gt350/gt500) are already in the shelby registry.

and if you want to nitpick most of the cars in the registry were not built at the vegas facility. they were built in socal.

I just got back from Vegas where I did the Shelby factory tour. The late Shelbys produced by Ford as well as the GT500 received the same treatment, a passing mention with the caveat that "those weren't produced by "us", but by Ford". Even though there was a Vista blue coupe as well as Mr. Shelby's black convert at the back of the factory, they received no mention. I could sense a pretty clear distancing from the GT500, at least from the Shelby tour guide.

Not that I give a sh@t..

frankin

Established Member
marc@kentucky said:
I just got back from Vegas where I did the Shelby factory tour. The late Shelbys produced by Ford as well as the GT500 received the same treatment, a passing mention with the caveat that "those weren't produced by "us", but by Ford". Even though there was a Vista blue coupe as well as Mr. Shelby's black convert at the back of the factory, they received no mention. I could sense a pretty clear distancing from the GT500, at least from the Shelby tour guide.

Not that I give a sh@t..

I guess since Mr. Shelby did not have a hand in the actual building of the car it is just another SVT *LOL*
I think they are telling everyone that it is going to be in the registry just so they won't hurt sales. The only true Shelby Mustangs I remember were in 1965, where he actually go his hands dirty.

sprint200

Established Member
People are confusing the issues here. This letter of rejection was in response to an attempt to register on the Shelby Automotive, Inc. Owners' Forum hosted by their company's website; not to be listed in the Registry (kept by SAAC).

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
I think you misunderstood the meaning of that communication (not that I know for sure):
The Forum was for Shelby American's Shelby Owner's Forum, meaning they would be discussing the cars produced there (Cobra 427, GT-H, Shelby GT, etc), and not the Shelby GT500, so the discussions (technical and otherwise) would not be relevant to that car.
What I do know for sure is that the GT500s will be in the Shelby American Registry as Shelbys. Whether or not they internally differentiate is anyone's guess. :shrug:
Personally, I don't give a crap. Any great car will stand on its merits over time, not the tag on the back. That's what makes legends.

Last edited:

marc@kentucky

Established Member
Posted by Rich Sparkman on Stangsunleashed

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3723&st=20

Ok, if that's the game at least now I understand it. I haven't been reading here and that's my fault for being too busy.

Rather than posting snippets of conversation, here's what I'm telling you about the owner's forum. It's a place where we can serve those who are buying products we're making right now in Las Vegas. At the time we opened the forum they were the ONLY owners but now that has changed. Maybe it should be renamed but the truth of the matter is that it's a place where we can interact with those who can't get this information anywhere else. For example, we have people who haven't received their cars yet but have placed an order with us. These folks can get regular updates, can request photos, etc., of cars we're in the process of producing. I'm not sure how this will work once we get going on the Shelby GT but right now it's invaluable to those few hundred we can serve.

If we open THE CURRENT FORUM up to several thousand SHELBY GT500 owners that will make our jobs much more difficult and degrade the quality and quantity of information we're currently able to provide.

I didn't intend to get anyone angry or to hurt anyone's feelings. I don't have time to deal with that kind of stuff. I'll just continue doing the best job I can and will be a bit more cautious when responding to Shelby GT500 owners in the future. My telephone number at the office is 702-942-1716 if you'd like to say anything right to me instead of about me.

-Rich Sparkman
Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
The original Shelbys were sold through Ford. So, as far as Im concerned , the GT500 is closer to the original concept of a "true Shelby" than these GT-H's and Shelby GT's.

What really matters is what SAAC thinks. And SAAC has accepted the GT500 as a TRUE Shelby.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
marc@kentucky said:
Posted by Rich Sparkman on Stangsunleashed

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3723&st=20

Ok, if that's the game at least now I understand it. I haven't been reading here and that's my fault for being too busy.

Rather than posting snippets of conversation, here's what I'm telling you about the owner's forum. It's a place where we can serve those who are buying products we're making right now in Las Vegas. At the time we opened the forum they were the ONLY owners but now that has changed. Maybe it should be renamed but the truth of the matter is that it's a place where we can interact with those who can't get this information anywhere else. For example, we have people who haven't received their cars yet but have placed an order with us. These folks can get regular updates, can request photos, etc., of cars we're in the process of producing. I'm not sure how this will work once we get going on the Shelby GT but right now it's invaluable to those few hundred we can serve.

If we open THE CURRENT FORUM up to several thousand SHELBY GT500 owners that will make our jobs much more difficult and degrade the quality and quantity of information we're currently able to provide.

I didn't intend to get anyone angry or to hurt anyone's feelings. I don't have time to deal with that kind of stuff. I'll just continue doing the best job I can and will be a bit more cautious when responding to Shelby GT500 owners in the future. My telephone number at the office is 702-942-1716 if you'd like to say anything right to me instead of about me.

-Rich Sparkman
Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

Well, there you go. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread