GT500's rejected by Shelby Automobles INC

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
marc@kentucky said:
Posted by Rich Sparkman on Stangsunleashed

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3723&st=20

QUOTE]

Please read the WHOLE thread and note that Ms. Boylan took the time to explain the misunderstanding. An interesting example of how the internet has changed customer/supplier/retail relationships and how prompt response is critical for companies today. Now if we could just get Ford to figure that out.....

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Glad you guys got that all straightened out! My question is why is the Ford GT allowed into the SAAC Registry? It's not a Shelby, if anything it's more of a conglomeration of Ford, Roush, and Saleen.

eci

Banned
All these panties in a twist over a name. The people over at stangsunleashed are little girls. People there are saying they would not have bought the car had it not been a Shelby. What true car fans.

MYGT500

Established Member
ok...here's the deal...over at stangsunleashed.com,Amy from Shelby auto
did a fine explanation of their policy, and I am satisfied with the answers she gave. So...all is well...We will be welcomed at real Shelby owners...

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
who gives a rats ass about the name or some old fart club? Seriously, i bought the 07 cobra with the Blown 5.4 DOHC V8 with 500hp...not the Shelby GT500.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
05_Evolution said:
they are right unfortunately because this car will not be in the Shelby Registry due to the fact its not being produced in Las Vegas and will not have a Shelby VIN. Its a shame!

Wrong.

bj

MYGT500

Established Member
did a fine explanation of their policy, and I am satisfied with the answers she gave. So...all is well...We will be welcomed at real Shelby owners...

eci

Banned
MYGT500 said:

Wow thank god. This was HUGELY important. I can't imagine not having my name on a list after buying a car.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
this is so stupid that i dont want to debate Fu Ck them old Farts...stay @ SVTP :idea: its not like they're dealing with ENZO's, Lamborghini's, Porches, Bentley's etc :nonono: just heavy crappy Shelby's!

Last edited:

drmustang

Banned
SID297 said:
I wish they had never put the Shelby name on the car. IMO it should be the 07 SVT Cobra.

I'm right with you. The Shelby badging has created confusion and jacked the price. The 07 SVT Cobra would have been more appropriate at this point in time. This is a classic example of paying a premium for a name. The GT500 appears to be an outstanding product that could have established a fine reputation on its own merrits.

shelbygt350s

Established Member
shelby 2007

05_Evolution said:
they are right unfortunately because this car will not be in the Shelby Registry due to the fact its not being produced in Las Vegas and will not have a Shelby VIN. Its a shame!
QUOTE I EMAILED RICK AT SAAC AND HE SAID THATS BS ITS GOING TO BE IN THERE I HAVE THE EMAIL IF YOU WANT TO SEE IT

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
this was a old and dead thread!:poke:

the 07 shelby gt500 built by ford will be a true shelby!

the 07-09 shelby gt500's built by ford will be in the official shelby registry!:burn:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
this was a old and dead thread!:poke:

the 07 shelby gt500 built by ford will be a true shelby!

the 07-09 shelby gt500's built by ford will be in the official shelby registry!:burn:

+ 1 trillion.
The initial e-mail from Shelby was mis-interpreted, and the recipient of that e-mail already acknowledged that he was in error. The GT500 Owner wanted access to the Shelby owner's forum (ie: Cobra's, CS6 & 8). This forum is only for those owners as it addresses production & delivery timeframes for these specific cars, as well as tech questions for them, so it is not and will never be a relevant forum for a GT500 owner. Dead thread... :rollseyes

Last edited:

Hitchiker

Banned
05_Evolution said:

A ricer boy on SVT?

:kaboom:

Users who are viewing this thread