GTO vs Cobra

ArkangelX3

Established Member
Just wanna add my two cents about resale value. Since the person who orginally brought it up, decided only to look in the short term and not long term

Resalve Value(price bought vs price sold difference percentage)

Any SVT product/Specialty Late Model Mustang VS. Civic/Common Import Domestic

1yr winner-civic/import
2 yr winner-civic/import
5-yr winner-civic/import
6-10 yr winner-debateble
10yr winner SVT/Specialty Mustang
11yr winner-SVT/Specialty Mustang
15 yr winner SVT/Specialty Mustang
20 yr winner-SVT/Specialty Mustang-probably gonna even get more than you paid for in(providing fully stock)

see a pattern here!!!

Last edited:

jonas

Established Member
Originally posted by super-roo
dont get too excited http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=51325

I dont look at out the box performance. I look at the big picture i.e. aftermarket support, engine durability. hp per dollar mods.

Every car Ive owned in the last 10 years had at least 100 rwhp over stock by the time I was done with it.

If I only look at out the box performance I'd be rolling in a z06

super-roo

Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
Get them to add S/C to the GT then let's see.

bwahh ha ha !!

even on the 5.4 quad cammer ? you need a supercharger ?

LOL lets throw the GT40 motor in there while you at it . :rollseyes

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
bwahh ha ha !!

even on the 5.4 quad cammer ? you need a supercharger ?

LOL lets throw the GT40 motor in there while you at it . :rollseyes

Great idea. I just looovee V8 juice. You just can't get enough. BTW when are the GT40 crate motors going to be ready anyway? :rolling:

super-roo

Established Member
guys i am seriously warning you to be careful of Holden , don't get complacent , you are on a bit of a high at the moment with the '03 Cobra

Holden is not you average North American F-body + lack of advertising + crappy build quality, these guys are ferocious when it comes to market domination.

http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=51183

super-roo

Established Member
Someone reported seeing these weird looking alloy V8's , beeing packed in canada ... the tag read "LS2" , destination "Australia"

and the '04 GTO will dip into the 12's with a good driver, some sticky tires, like the cobra its a bit tricky to lauch with the IRS,.

dredg9

Established Member
The 04 GTO will be no where near 12 seconds. 14 seconds stock with the engine it has is pretty pathetic. Long live the king of cars for many years to come. The Cobra!!!!

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member

these guys are ferocious when it comes to market domination.

It's kind of hard to be dominant when you don't meet the needs of the demographics...like PERFORMANCE and STYLING !!!

....I'll be amazed if they ever have a 2nd anniversary edition, let alone a 10th. :loser:

super-roo

Established Member
yes thats right fellas , play up that 14sec official GM time, because when they hit the road realing off high 12s from factory, you will see.

and i happen to have insider knowledge that they are pushing 360+ RWHP..

wangers took a test mule out, and just about sh*t his pants.

14 s... errr yeah = maybe to appease the vette boys.
:-D

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
What does it matter what Holden does? They are in Australia right? Are they going to be doing all the work for Pontiac?

I hear Lambo and Ferrari are doing great work too. I'm not terribly concerned about that either. I don't think there is anyone on this board who doesn't realize there are faster cars out there, and there will be faster ones to come. There are still a few Supra TT's around. I guess Holden should beware them.

I don't mean to flame anyone, but the big gripe we all have is that GM has whored out the GTO tradition to what appears to be a Grand Am with a big motor. Next thing we'll see GM reaching back to cars that didn't even have a glorious past to try to stir emotional images in the customer's mind. I can't wait to see what the new "Chevette" or "Lumina" look like.

Hopefully the car will be fast. I don't want Ford to become complacent again. Competition is imperitive for growing performance.

I apologize for this rant. But I do want to add that people are sure thinking awfully highly of a company whose most recent work includes the Aztec.

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
What does it matter what Holden does? They are in Australia right? Are they going to be doing all the work for Pontiac?

I hear Lambo and Ferrari are doing great work too. I'm not terribly concerned about that either. I don't think there is anyone on this board who doesn't realize there are faster cars out there, and there will be faster ones to come. There are still a few Supra TT's around. I guess Holden should beware them.

I don't mean to flame anyone, but the big gripe we all have is that GM has whored out the GTO tradition to what appears to be a Grand Am with a big motor. Next thing we'll see GM reaching back to cars that didn't even have a glorious past to try to stir emotional images in the customer's mind. I can't wait to see what the new "Chevette" or "Lumina" look like.

Hopefully the car will be fast. I don't want Ford to become complacent again. Competition is imperitive for growing performance.

I apologize for this rant. But I do want to add that people are sure thinking awfully highly of a company whose most recent work includes the Aztec.

realsmith

Wally World or Bust
Established Member
This is a pathetic use of the name GTO. It's not the power plant or GM that I dislike, its just that it's so fugly. Don't expect it to be nearly as fast as a Cobra or C6.

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
THIS JUST IN ..........FORD is bringing back the 4 door pinto for 2005.....should be a quarter mile ripper to compete with the new GTO.....rumored to be a rear wheel drive 500 hp car.........stay tuned.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

lesrok

Established Member
A friend of mine here in Miami is buying a GTO. He wants to bet 2 bills that he will smoke me. My Cobra is bone stock, think I can take him???:burnout:

jtfx6552

Established Member
yes thats right fellas , play up that 14sec official GM time, because when they hit the road realing off high 12s from factory, you will see.

and i happen to have insider knowledge that they are pushing 360+ RWHP..

wangers took a test mule out, and just about sh*t his pants.

14 s... errr yeah = maybe to appease the vette boys.
:-D

My '03 went mid 12's in the summer of '02.

If the GTO runs 12's stock, which is highly doubtful, it will still be at least 2 years behind the times.

I love people bragging about a car that isn't out yet. Get a grip.
JT

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by lesrok
A friend of mine here in Miami is buying a GTO. He wants to bet 2 bills that he will smoke me. My Cobra is bone stock, think I can take him???:burnout:
Take the bet.

Users who are viewing this thread