GTO vs Cobra

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
Originally posted by super-roo

wangers took a test mule out, and just about sh*t his pants
:-D [/B]

You sure the rug (on his head) didn't fall-off? I think his AGE is the cause of the incontentence...this car's acceleration will only induce...somnambulation (sleep walking)!

Established Member
HEY THE ORIGINAL GTO WAS BASED ON THE TEMPEST AND WAS PRETTY PLANE TILL THE JUDGE CAME OUT IN 1969.EVERBODY SHOULD BE HAPPY WE HAVE MUSCLECARS THESE DAYS ANYWAY.OH YA YOU GUYS STATING THAT THE NEW GTO IS JUST GRAND AM,LUMINA,ETC.WHAT ARE DRIVING?OH YA, A 1978 FAIRMONT WITH A BLOWER, I MEAN A COBRA. WHICH BY THE WAY ARE BITCHIN CARS.

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
Originally posted by 4406
HEY THE ORIGINAL GTO WAS BASED ON THE TEMPEST AND WAS PRETTY PLANE TILL THE JUDGE CAME OUT IN 1969.EVERBODY SHOULD BE HAPPY WE HAVE MUSCLECARS THESE DAYS ANYWAY.OH YA YOU GUYS STATING THAT THE NEW GTO IS JUST GRAND AM,LUMINA,ETC.WHAT ARE DRIVING?OH YA, A 1978 FAIRMONT WITH A BLOWER, I MEAN A COBRA. WHICH BY THE WAY ARE BITCHIN CARS.

Are you saying the Judge was the HIGHPOINT of the GTO line in the 60's?? Maybe if your criterium is cars painted ORANGE it was...but it wasn't their reputation as a street racer. While my memory maybe clouded a bit (superanuation) the EARLY 64-67 GTO's were the only ones I was ever affraid to race....Da JUDGE was...Da JOKE!!

I don't share you opinion... I DON'T think a blown '78 Fairmont is BITCHIN...I think there have been a few minor detail changes since then. Do you consider the chassis to be the way you identify cars...then GM makes what... 2 or 3 cars...and all women are the same (same chassis...underside...upside-down...get it?)

Last edited:

Established Member
IM SAYING THE COBRA IS BITCHIN NOT THE FAIRMONT.BYE THE WAY 64 -67 GOATS WERE 15 SECOND CARS EXCEPT FOR A VERY FEW THAT WERE OPTIONED CORRECTLY,SO WHY BE AFRAID.AS FAR AS THE JUDGE THING IM SIMPLY STATING THE LOOKS DEPARTMENT OF THE CAR WHICH FINALLY RECEIVED SOME STYLINING THAT WASNT SO SUBDUDE, WHICH IS WHAT ALL YOU GUYS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT ON THE NEW GTO.

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
Originally posted by 4406
IM SAYING THE COBRA IS BITCHIN NOT THE FAIRMONT.BYE THE WAY 64 -67 GOATS WERE 15 SECOND CARS EXCEPT FOR A VERY FEW THAT WERE OPTIONED CORRECTLY,SO WHY BE AFRAID.AS FAR AS THE JUDGE THING IM SIMPLY STATING THE LOOKS DEPARTMENT OF THE CAR WHICH FINALLY RECEIVED SOME STYLINING THAT WASNT SO SUBDUDE, WHICH IS WHAT ALL YOU GUYS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT ON THE NEW GTO.

I was affraid of the 13 sec. GTO's...when I had a 4200lb 427 Galaxie...

And its not the not subdued styling (sudude stylining?) that we are "complaining about" its the fact that ...it is indistinguishable from other GM cars....is OVERRATED as a muscle car...costs $34,000...is too heavy...and most significantly sullys the reputation of a REAL performance car to draw attention to itself.
Like others have said..the car would go UNNOTICED if it didn't say G-T-O.

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
The GTO just looks like Sh*t, THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT.

Established Member
HEY JOE I DIG 427 GALAXIES AND YOU GOT TO OWN WHICH WAS VERY COOL.(AND ITS NOT THE NOT SUBDUED STYLING)IF A CAR DRAWS ATTENTION TO ITSELF DOESNT IT NEED STYLING AT SOME POINT.UNLESS YOUR GALAXIE WAS AN R-CODE WITH A FIBERGLASS FRONT END AND A TEARDROP HOOD SCOOP YOU PRORBRABLY HAD TO REALLY SQUINT TO MAKE OUT THOSE 390 I MEAN 427 EMBLEMS ON THE FENDERS.BUT I AGEE 34K IS ALOT OF COIN. MORE THAN I CAN AFFORD AT THIS TIME.IT IS UNFORTUNATE THAT PERFORMANCE CARS ARE SO EXPENSIVE THESE DAYS.

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
427 Galaxie

It wasn't a real R-Code...I did have all the f-glass parts & seats.
My nemesis were 396 Chevelles (360 & 375hp)..I think I got beaten by 6 of them...Sad

Users who are viewing this thread