Gun Nuts Inside...Smith And Wesson 380mm Bodyguard

oldmodman

Established Member
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I bet PETA was all over these guys for this. LOL

Yeah Dave, I was thinking the exact same thing when I read about those ammo tests. That's a lot of live goats herded for an ammo test. If PETA members here get wind of this thread they'll be all over it.

That's exactly what I said when I read that, ha!

I think that test was from more than twenty years ago.

But if PETA members are willing to volunteer to personally replace the goats with PETA members, I bet the test results would still be of some value.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Be very careful and test fire the gun BEFORE you buy it; S&W had had a spotty record with the reliability of some of their .380s.... Personally, I would look at some of the small 9mm guns by other makers before going to .380 if you are using it for personal defense.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I think that test was from more than twenty years ago.

But if PETA members are willing to volunteer to personally replace the goats with PETA members, I bet the test results would still be of some value.

False. As we all know, PETA members are pussies. Therefore, they would simply die at the sight of a gun, before any shots could be fired. This would render the ammo test inconclusive.

We could do the test to see which gun was scarier looking though...

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
False. As we all know, PETA members are pussies. Therefore, they would simply die at the sight of a gun, before any shots could be fired. This would render the ammo test inconclusive.

We could do the test to see which gun was scarier looking though...

Better hope Paul Watson doesn't catch wind of this. He'll ram you, all while breathing through his mouth.

2k3gt

Established Member
OP, why do you feel the need to carry a 380mm pistol?...that seems a little exessive. A .380 caliber pistol would probably be sufficient.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
380mm? how do you even fit that in your pants?

437908Canon___380_mm___Brest___2.jpg

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
The smaller the gun, the more likely it is to jam, it must be fed good ammo.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Nice looking CCW. Neat packaging. Thats the one issue I have with my Glock, NO SAFETY.

That's the reason I like Glock. Guns don't need a safety, just something to get in the way. If you need a safety on a gun, you don't need a gun.

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
Your Glock actually has a few safeties. The main one being your finger. If you keep it outside the trigger guard it will never go off. (short of being in a raging house fire.....But then...) Your Glock is not evil just because it is black. I promise it will not pull its own trigger. The internal safeties will keep it safe until YOU decide to pull the trigger. In the hands of an experienced gun nut it is an extremely safe fire arm. Just pulling your chain here.

I've seen an experienced shooter have an AD with a Glock and read about 35,874 others (from Glocks to many other DAO handguns) on the many gun forums. Point is that one should always be careful especially holstering a DAO gun.

As to this handgun, I haven't fired one, but they are just the next installment in the ever growing .380 market. After the success of the LCP and P3AT, it seems like every gun manufacturer is coming out with a weapon on that platform. Personally, I'm partial to the Diamondback.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
I had a Bersa Firestorm .380 for the last 5 years. Great gun, fits in my wifes well hand if she ever wants to kill me.

If I had it to do again I'd pick up a PPK.

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
380mm blah you all know what I meant LOL.

Anyway I picked this gun up Wednesday 08/18/10 for $475. Kind of high I know but noone else had it in NJ and I wanted it so I paid for it. The same day I picked it up I put 200 rounds through it. What a pain in the ass being that it only comes with one mag. Gun surprised me. Easy to shoot and accurate. The laser is a nice little feature, don't know how many times I will actually use it, but it's nice to have. Gun is also very easy to break down.

I have now shot the Sig P238, Ruger LCP and ofcourse the bodyguard. LCP felt too much like a toy if that makes any sense, Sig fired nice but didn't fit my hand good while the bodyguard fits great. I can get 3 fingers on the grip with the mag extender.

I will try to put some more rounds through it soon to see if it will malfunction. Waiting on my second mag to come in to speed the process up.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
I've seen an experienced shooter have an AD with a Glock and read about 35,874 others (from Glocks to many other DAO handguns) on the many gun forums. Point is that one should always be careful especially holstering a DAO gun.

As to this handgun, I haven't fired one, but they are just the next installment in the ever growing .380 market. After the success of the LCP and P3AT, it seems like every gun manufacturer is coming out with a weapon on that platform. Personally, I'm partial to the Diamondback.

you mean unintentional discharge. (accidently pulled the trigger)....Revolvers generaly lack a user engaged safety as well. yet people have been safely carying them for years.....All weapons should be holstered safely..By that I mean keep your finger off the trigger until you have made the decision to shoot. Why would one want an external safety for CCW? Do you think in the heat of battle you will remember to flip it? the odds are against it.

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
you mean unintentional discharge. (accidently pulled the trigger)....Revolvers generaly lack a user engaged safety as well. yet people have been safely carying them for years.....All weapons should be holstered safely..By that I mean keep your finger off the trigger until you have made the decision to shoot. Why would one want an external safety for CCW? Do you think in the heat of battle you will remember to flip it? the odds are against it.

I didn't say anything to that effect. I was simply sharing information with you and the op. I now have 4 ccw weapons: P229, PM9, G23, and a DB380. None of these have external safeties and the only guns I have with external safeties are my long guns.

If you don't believe accidental discharges happen with Glocks and other guns without an external safety, I question how often you are around guns and gun people. I've witnessed a guy (former Army and current police officer) accidentally discharge his Glock 17 by his shirt getting caught in the trigger guard when holstering. There are hundreds of stories out there about police departments having officers injured with ADs; just go to glocktalk or google and search it.

Chris_562

KCSO
Established Member
handguns are amazingly useful personal defense weapons, and in the right hands due this task quite efficiently, in my experience, and countless reports on these very subjects; I have fund that several rules exist for the CCW handgun owner.

1. Your gun needs to go "bang" when you pull the trigger no matter what.
2. It needs to feed every time, who cares if you have a super hi-cap magazine, if it doesn't feed, you won't need a gun.
3. It needs to be simple, and easy, (External safeties are superficial) (our duty weapons SIg 226 don't even have external safeties)
4. Sights need to be good, especially the front sight, (even if your a point shooter) front sites need to be good.

The .380ACP is fine round, however for this round I would recommend a small revolver for concealed carry, the smaller the gun the more likely it is to malfunction and a revolver is less likely to encounter these problems.

Chris_562

KCSO
Established Member
Safeties,
An active safety is one that needs to be manipulated by the shooter, I.E. a thumb switch or something similar.
Passive safeties are safety devices that do their thing without you even knowing.

Glocks do not have "external safeties"-they have drop safeties (duh), a trigger face safety, a back strap safety, and sear stop safety.

Sigs- Hammer block safety, de-cocker lever

Smith & wesson (most duty models)- have a feature that when no magazine is in battery the sear will not engage, they also feature passive safeties such as the thumb lever.

This is just some useful information, all a safety feature does, is REDUCE the chance of an accidental discharge, but training and focus can also accomplish that.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
You'll find the majority are negligent discharges as opposed to accidental...

If you don't believe accidental discharges happen with Glocks and other guns without an external safety, I question how often you are around guns and gun people. I've witnessed a guy (former Army and current police officer) accidentally discharge his Glock 17 by his shirt getting caught in the trigger guard when holstering. There are hundreds of stories out there about police departments having officers injured with ADs; just go to glocktalk or google and search it.

Users who are viewing this thread