Guy on another forum I visit won $1,000,000 scratch off in Missouri

lilcoop03

Established Member
Drops $90 on scratch tickets on paydays, yet posts...

"We live in a run-down mobile home. The central air unit gave out years ago so we have window units situated throughout to keep cool.
The floors are sagging in places because of numerous water leaks. Whenever one leak gets fixed and sub-floor is replaced, another leak appears. My wife drives a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan with almost 300,000 miles on it. The AC, heater, defroster and radio don't work. My Jeep is in a bad way too. Turn signals quit working and the throttle body is shot. This couldn't have come at a better time."

EDIT: He ended up getting just under 500K via check after taxes and claims he's down to 150K already. He bought a 5th wheel, 2021 model of course, and a house. I'll bet he paid cash for the house vs locking in 2.75% or so and tossing the house money into basic investments. Says he's getting a truck too.

Ahhh, lotto life, easy come, easy go.

My god, people are stupid

blk02edge

Established Member
With the one exception in this thread being @MinGrey02Stg2 it almost seems like the lottery is just a game and they choose the most stupid people imaginable lol.... Now if only this conspirators would read my previous post..

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member

"We live in a run-down mobile home. The central air unit gave out years ago so we have window units situated throughout to keep cool.
The floors are sagging in places because of numerous water leaks. Whenever one leak gets fixed and sub-floor is replaced, another leak appears. My wife drives a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan with almost 300,000 miles on it. The AC, heater, defroster and radio don't work. My Jeep is in a bad way too. Turn signals quit working and the throttle body is shot. This couldn't have come at a better time."

EDIT: He ended up getting just under 500K via check after taxes and claims he's down to 150K already. He bought a 5th wheel, 2021 model of course, and a house. I'll bet he paid cash for the house vs locking in 2.75% or so and tossing the house money into basic investments. Says he's getting a truck too.

I just completed that thread, like you said he's down to $150k already and still hasn't gotten the truck he wants. He says he expects to pay an additional 60k+ in taxes come tax time. He's going through it fast!

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
AB9AB58D-20B9-4BAD-B71D-B2939C7A35B2.jpeg

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I won 200 bucks yesterday off a scratcher and felt pretty happy, but this kinda took that away lol.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
not any winnings but my two cousins inherited their father's beach home when he passed away. the older, wiser cousin wanted to continue renting it out. the younger, ambitious cousin wanted to sell so he could fund some business ventures he had in mind. the older one ended up buying him out. younger cousin got about $250k in cash. he did some world traveling. partied with some ladies he knew from the LA scene etc.. a year later he was crashing on his mom's couch and hitting up every family member he could to borrow money to pay bills. all gone within a year or so. didnt even have a fancy, or POS, car to show for it. didnt end up starting any business ventures lol. but he does have some cool memories and photos on his FB/IG from Thailand and Cuba lol.

USC grad too lol.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I walked into Publix in FL on a Monday in June 2017 after the gym and bought a Publix roast beef sub plus a few things for breakfast the next day. I paid with a $50 bill and took $10 of the change, walked to the lotto area, and bought 5 quick pick Powerball numbers (I've probably bought lottery tickets 5 times before this in my life). Two days later at night (drawings are on Wednesdays and Saturdays) I checked the numbers... got the 1st one, got the 2nd one, 3rd one, 4th one, 5th one... damn, no powerball number. I thought I'd have to get at least something and looked up how much you get... $1M. I went to the local lottery office and walked out with a $750k check the next morning. Deposited it and went to work lol. True story that I've never posted on a forum ever.

When the powerball kept hitting absurd highs there were several articles about all the 1 million dollar winning tickets going unclaimed - people would see they didnt win the powerball and just toss their ticket out

yaaa this is why I avoid the gas stations near work on Fridays, all the geniuses spending their checks on lotto tickets. This doesn't surprise me a bit, the majority of people in situations like that didn't get their by accident or pure bad luck. So he was broke as a joke spending roughly 2500-5k a year (weekly vs biweekly pay) on scratch offs.

even if it was a straight million bucks in your pocket, you won't be living the lifestyle of the rich and famous (or at least not for long) but invest it right, keep living basically the same life and you'll likely never have to worry about a bill ever again.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
When the powerball kept hitting absurd highs there were several articles about all the 1 million dollar winning tickets going unclaimed - people would see they didnt win the powerball and just toss their ticket out

yaaa this is why I avoid the gas stations near work on Fridays, all the geniuses spending their checks on lotto tickets. This doesn't surprise me a bit, the majority of people in situations like that didn't get their by accident or pure bad luck. So he was broke as a joke spending roughly 2500-5k a year (weekly vs biweekly pay) on scratch offs.

even if it was a straight million bucks in your pocket, you won't be living the lifestyle of the rich and famous (or at least not for long) but invest it right, keep living basically the same life and you'll likely never have to worry about a bill ever again.

That’s where I’m at at the end.

I figured my bills could be knocked to less than 10k a year once my house is paid off.

A cool million would last me til I die easily if I stayed on my same budget and my house was paid off

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
That’s where I’m at at the end.

I figured my bills could be knocked to less than 10k a year once my house is paid off.

A cool million would last me til I die easily if I stayed on my same budget and my house was paid off

This is a bit off topic, but I think most of us are the same; the biggest expense for any one of us is housing and it isn't going to get any cheaper. When I retire I am going to sell our big house and use the money I make from the sale to buy a smaller place outright. At least that's the plan.

All of the retirement calculators and finance advisors say you have to be able to live off of 80% of your income when you retire. Last I checked, if my kids are no longer living with me and I own a house outright, I can get by on a lot less. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread